Most Wanted List 2018

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Blakey

Re: Most Wanted List 2018

Post by Blakey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:39 pm

:lol: Nope I’m not really a double dipper, I get the Gold/Ultimate Edition on PC for my birthday every year or so and that’s enough for me.

Think I’ve only double dipped on MK8 and Overwatch as far as I can remember, I may be wrong though.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Double dipping is fine as long as there's a time window between stuff. Fucking hell, I've triple dipped on games like Borderlands 2. Been a couple of years between each purchase though.

Also because this is the point of the thread.
  • Read Dead Redemption 2
  • Battlefield V
  • Spiderman
  • Destiny 2 if is isn't shite
  • Earth Defence Force 5
No pictures. I am lazy.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 pm

I wish you’d double dip on Siege and OW on PC ;)
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

mfnick

Post by mfnick » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:27 pm

tresdoss wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:29 pm
You're a car man @mfnick... How can you not be looking forward to Horizon 4?
Id somehow totally forgotten about that! Yea defo looking forward to Horizon 4. Have to say they’re holding my interest less and less with each instalment though. Hopefully the UK setting and seasons gimmick keep me interested this time.

PSN - Nick_2k7

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Yeah I love FH but this new one. The fact it is in the UK is really hampering my excitement for it. Plus it’s the 4th one. I swear I played FH3 for at least 50 hours and still have probably over 70% of that game left.

I don’t know what they would do but at this point I’d be happy if MS injected another Forza spin off in to the mix so you got a new instalment every 3 years. That would be a better stretch, I think.

Or maybe it doesn’t matter actually thinking that FH3 came out 2 years ago doesn’t seem to matter. It still feels like yesterday 🤔

I should really play Drive Club. That gif that someone posted the other day looked nuts.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:56 pm

And a Dirt 4 that game looks fantastic.

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Drive club is ok... Then you realise it's just arcade Gran Turismo and think yeah whatever....
ImageImage

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:29 am

When Dark Souls Switch comes out I will probably quadruple dip on that, but I've no idea if that's really a way I ever want to play that game.

Maybe when the forum stragglers pick it up (Pious & Blakey) I can lend my roly poly expertise :)
🌚

mfnick

Post by mfnick » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 pm

tresdoss wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Drive club is ok... Then you realise it's just arcade Gran Turismo and think yeah whatever....
Can’t agree at all. Best racing game this gen for me. As close as we’ll get to a new(ish) PGR.
The semi arcade handling is what makes it and the fake tracks and circuits are brilliantly designed - just like PGR’s were. A lot better than going through a realistic but characterless version of Silverstone yet again.
Don’t get me wrong I love that stuff in Forza, Project Cars Etc but there’s enough games that do that. Hardly any (fake) track based more arcade style racers exist anymore and most are poor when they do appear. Which Driveclub isn’t.

PSN - Nick_2k7

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:07 am

The patched/finished version of Driveclub is indeed excellent. I don't know how I'd feel if I had bought it at release and quickly dismissed despite it growing better and better (as I did with No Man's Sky) but as I only bought after all was done I couldn't help but be seriously impressed with it. Very classic arcade racing with high end graphics and some really good track designs (both visually and in terms of playability).

I don't really see how you can look at it and say it's an arcade Gran Turismo because with the exeption of being racing games and Sony exclusives they have little in common. F-Zero isn't just Mario Kart with a Boost Gauge after all either.