Hollow Knight |OT| Bug's Life

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: Hollow Knight |OT| Bug's Life

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I just don’t understand why it has to be so fucking hard oh my god

Playing this reminds me how much worse at 2D games I am than 3D games. I don’t know if anyone else is like this but I find 2D games mountains more difficult than anything a 3D game can be. I don’t know if it’s due to more limited spaces or options or what but fucking hell.

Like platformers I’m good at. But as soon Asa you combine 2D and fighting I just turn to shit

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Hollow Knight launched last month on Nintendo Switch and since that time, developer Team Cherry has promised that a new update would soon be making its way to this version of the game.

Well, that update has finally come and is being pushed out starting today. The v1345 patch for Hollow Knight mainly cleans up a variety of bugs that Team Cherry found with the game after its release on Switch. Additionally, Team Cherry made mention that they will be adding controller rebinding to the Switch version of the game, but it won’t arrive until the release of the Gods & Glory content pack.

In other Hollow Knight news, it was announced that the title sold over 250,000 units on Switch a mere two weeks after launch, which is incredibly impressive for a game made by the size of Team Cherry.

You can find the full patch notes for today’s update of Hollow Knight below.

• Fixed an issue where save files would sometimes fail to load while Kingsoul is equipped
• Fixed an issue where striking certain invulnerable objects with a Nail Art could cause game to crash
• Fixed being able to soft lock the game (empty dialogue box) by hard quitting out after the final Nailsmith nail upgrade
• Fixed an issue that caused a mask shard to never spawn if a player dies in the same moment as killing Brooding Mawlek (this is a retroactive fix – players who missed the shard can now return to claim it)
• Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash if the player looks up or down while riding a big lift
• Fixed Shade spawn location in the upper section of Watcher’s Spire
• Fixed an issue where game could soft-lock when opening inventory after obtaining certain items, eg. Pale Ore, King’s Idol
• Fixed an issue with map pins not correctly disappearing once collecting all Essence from a Whispering Root
• Fixed an issue where player could get soft-locked by using Desolate Dive/Descending Dark to slam down onto a mysterious object in Beast’s Den
• Fixed an issue where player could get more Geo than intended from killing certain enemies with fluke spell (sorry!)
• Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in Lemm’s room by dreamgating in while Lemm is away
• Fixed a text display issues in the in-game map for certain languages
• Adjusted a Shade spawn location that was inaccessible to early players
• Fixed a bug where a Dreamshield could disappear after using Dreamnail on NPCs or objects
• Fixed monarch wings cutscene issue
• Fixed an issue where Zote still appeared in City of Tears while he is trapped in Deepnest
• Fixed splash reactions for Quirrel and Spa Buddies
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 am

Damn! Got dicked on for the first time. Been exploring long into a new area but hadn't found the map guy, so no map reveal. Fell into a trap where I was locked into a little battle with regular enemies. No space to heal so they wore me down. Now got to remember where I went 😩🤯

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:24 am

Sounds like you were in the deep nest?

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Not sure. The bugs resemble knights if you like. Shields and jousting flyer types. I met a bug that was apprehensive about heading on down where I was going.

It's been good. Similar complaints you laid out, but on the whole I'm enjoying it as a little distraction.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

On that sounds more like the City of Tears. Ho, ho, ho there is so much more to this game after you clear that area. The boss is like the first real boss of the game, too.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Yeah that sounds familiar. I'm not too far in I don't think. I only play when I get some quiet time (outside you know what) or when the missus us watching Corrie or something.

I really want more notches to put charms on. Stingy ass game 😒😒

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:34 pm

It won’t help you

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Hollow Knight’s Final Free DLC, “Gods & Glory”, Gets A New Trailer And Release Date

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXG4-UalrOE

available on August 23, 2018.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am

Over 2 hours I’ve been trying this stupid coliseum and still can’t do it. I genuinely can’t think of anything in video games that I’ve done that’s harder than this. Even if the ability to heal was 0.2 seconds faster it would make such a difference.

Now I’ve got a headache and need to lie down. F this S