Xbox Surround Sound Headset

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
mfnick

Xbox Surround Sound Headset

Post by mfnick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread.
I’ve got the official Sony PS4 headset with the virtual surround sound and I love them! They work ridiculously well! In particular the surround sound effect. You can tell when there’s something to the side or behind you in games - even helped me find some crows in GoW.

But I digress, basically I’m after a set that will work as well with my Xbox One but I’m struggling to find a set which has the same cache as the official PS4 ones. Can anyone recommend me some please?

I have been looking at these but still not sure - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-S ... ref=plSrch

PSN - Nick_2k7

*OneTwo*

Re: Xbox Surround Sound Headset

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm

These are what I use. I use them in PS4 and PC. Should also work on Xbox, it says so, but I don't have one to confirm.

Very good cans for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-G ... B00SAYCVTQ

mfnick

Post by mfnick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:11 am

Do they do surround sound on consoles though? It says 7.1 for PC and stereo on consoles in the description. Like a lot of others I’ve lookes at

PSN - Nick_2k7

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:35 am

The inline sound card is what provides the virtual 7.1. Till Sony updated the PS4 to accept usb headsets you had to plug the stereo jack into the Dualshock pad. Which lost that utility. Now you plug it straight into the usb on the PS4. Looks like you had to update firmware on the soundcard on older models. Not sure on the Xbox I'll admit but surely in this stage it accepts headsets in USB?