Days Gone

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
sleepery jeem

Days Gone

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Forward.

Have to admit when seeing the initial footage of this game : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGVK1ou2yvQ with its tsunami of infected chasing you I was less than impressed, the whole DayZ feel didn't strike me as particularly interesting to play a game.

But after watching the latest E3 footage it looks like a more traditional open world game after all : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WrmDH1Rm5A cant say its a day one but given my love of the genre its a maybe so....

Game site : https://bendstudio.com/games/days-gone/ ... 7fbbc64fb2

The Horde : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40hxU-dZhUU

Set in the beautiful, volcanic scarred high-desert of the Pacific Northwest, Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game where you play as Deacon St. John, a Drifter and bounty hunter who would rather risk the dangers of the broken road than live in one of the “safe” wilderness encampments.

The game takes place two years after a global pandemic has killed almost everyone, but transformed millions of others into what survivors call Freakers – mindless, feral creatures, more animal than human but very much alive and quickly evolving.

Two of the types of Freaks you meet are –

Newts, which were adolescents when infected, are opportunistic hunters, preferring to hit and run from the shadows.

The Horde. Made up of hundreds of individual Freakers, Hordes eat, move and attack together, almost as one.

Skills learned in his prior life as an outlaw biker have given Deacon a slight edge in the seemingly never-ending fight to stay alive. But will it be enough?

The player can complete objectives in multiple ways, such as by using stealth or long and short ranged weapons.

A dynamic weather system and day-night cycle will also feature, making "Freakers" weak and slow by day but fast and aggressive by night.

A large part of the gameplay will centre around Deacon's motorbike, which will be your sole vehicle for getting around the world.

You'll need to look after it, as you won't get another one, and you can't summon it to your side, so ensuring it's safe and well maintained will be important.

Days Gone is set to release exclusively on PS4 on 22nd February, 2019.
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Re: Days Gone

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Sony Developer talks about Days Gone for PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow8CQgp79ps
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm

“We don’t know why, either”

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:58 am

Considering that even those people who initially liked it are rather underwhelmed about it these days says quite a lot.

I found it boring since the first trailer and couldn't care less about it now. It's one of those rare, totally uninspired Sony exclusives that rarely happen anymore. PS3's Infamous comes to mind when watching this, that was equally bland and lame.

regemond

Post by regemond » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:51 am

Don't besmirch the inFamous name with this insipid cash grab.

InFamous was a power fantasy. The realisation of being a superhero without the name of an actual superhero attached. The whole series had some great ideas (especially Festival of Blood), it was just the execution that was lacking.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:42 am

To be fair I never played 2 and I'm pretty sure Second Son was decent but the first one was rubbish.

And to be honest I quite see the parallels. Infamous came out at a time when open world was the go-to concept and traversal options had been championed by Assassin's Creed. So here comes Cole Mcbland who tries to do both (movement was good in that game, at least) but is designed in such a PS2 era cartoon-licence kind of way that it was just hilariously lame for a major platform holder's exclusive game.

Days Gone seems to just run after something that's already been perfected and it's arguably already five years too late. Plus it doesn't bring anything new to the table except for its bikes which I think is all you need to know really.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 am

Infamous is great mister “I just bought a game that has 68% on Metacritic”

It was better than the second one. The second one was stupid

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:21 pm

You still need to learn that your personal enjoyment of a game is largely independent from what 'fun'-number other people associate with it.

I mean you didn't like stuff like Mario Odyssey or Tropical Freeze either. And yet on the other hand a bland, repetitive, old-fashioned and soulless open world action game is somehow 'great'.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Maryokutai wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:21 pm
You still need to learn that your personal enjoyment of a game is largely independent from what 'fun'-number other people associate with it.
Maryokutai wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:21 pm
I mean you didn't like stuff like Mario Odyssey
🤔

Detection. Logic faulty. Must correct. Join new logic group. Or diiiiiiiieeeeeeeee

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:58 pm

I don't see the faulty logic. I 'might' like a 68% game but you didn't like a 97% game. So in the end the number doesn't matter, at all. Like I said.