Fallout 76.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
sleepery jeem

Fallout 76.

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 am

Release date : November 14th 2018.

Fallout 76 will be a prequel to the series taking place in the year 2102 in the state of West Virginia.

Not only is it going to be the largest Fallout game yet, it will be a completely online multiplayer game.

Players can work with or against each other as they try to survive, but a solo mode will still be available.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FGaan35s0

You will be one of the few chosen to stay in Vault 76 for twenty-five years waiting for Reclamation Day.

After being awakened by an Overseer, you are among the first to emerge in the untamed wasteland of West Virginia.

There will be six distinct regions to explore each with their own styles, risks, rewards, and new creatures.

Collectors edition.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwOYEsnm1i4

.Full-Scale Wearable T-51 Power Armor Helmet with West Tek Canvas Carrying Bag: This wearable helmet faithfully replicates the in-game model and comes complete with voice modulator speaker, functioning LED head lamp, and custom V.A.T.S. sound feature.

•Glow-in-the Dark World Terrain Map: This physical, fully-colorized 21”x 21” glow in the dark vintage map showcases the six distinct regions of West Virginia complete with irradiated landmarks, towns, and wildlife.

•24 Collectible Fallout Figurines: Crafted from in-game 3D models, these detailed miniatures bring Fallout 76’s Vault Dwellers, Power Armored Soldiers, Creatures, and more to life.

•Tricentennial Edition Steelbook: Exclusive to the Power Armor Edition, this decorated metal case is the ultimate collectible celebrating America’s 300 years of freedom.

•Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition Bonus In-Game Items: Celebrate 300 years of freedom with the all-new Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition, commemorating the opening of Vault 76. Be the talk of the town when you emerge from Vault 76 fully prepared and patriotically styled in the new American frontier!

•Access to the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. (Break-It Early Test Application): Be one of the first to emerge into a new and untamed wasteland
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Re: Fallout 76.

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:20 am

:| so a multiplayer survival game.....ok didn't expect that.

As long as there's a PvE option i'm interested, if its strictly PvP probably not.

And it seems that Bethesda has locked modding behind it Creation Club wall which has annoyed some in the PC community.

Boxart.

Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 am

I'm about to leave work and was going to watch it but online only? Everyone knows I loathe online play especially for one of my most fav series.
I think I'll wait until after I wake up, don't want to ruin my sleep :(

Edit : just read that it said solo mode also available, hopefully that's true otherwise its a murder of one of the best SP series there ever was
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:56 am

Fallout reveal vid https://youtu.be/FV63b6empgM

Must admit, the online does look fucking cool, but it will only really work well when playing with regular friends, wouldn't really work with randoms

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:07 am

Power Armour edition preordered :D
Game exclusive apparently, £175 :shock:
Does it come with the game? Didn't check '\_("/)_/`

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm

therealjaxon wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:56 am
Fallout reveal vid https://youtu.be/FV63b6empgM

Must admit, the online does look fucking cool, but it will only really work well when playing with regular friends, wouldn't really work with randoms
Love that they kept the cartoons.

Though I like the organic way they are using nukes (rare resource generation) it would break my heart to see my hard fought for base destroyed on the whim of some random troll.

Also...

Build your own Pip-Boy with Fallout 76’s special edition construction kit

Feature : https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/11/17 ... k-preorder

Chinese UN Mission.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 pm

There's alot of people saying they hate the idea of always online.
I've been reading comments from a multiple of sources and the opinion is the same.

Also, seems to be alot of confusion over the use of the word 'Solo'.
Some assume that it means Single player like the Fallout games normally are although I'm in the camp that believes they mean Solo a la Destiny.

You can play the game solo but ultimately its an online game with some goals only surpassable with a team effort.

If that's the case it'll be a shame, and will be shelved just like Destiny was once those points are reached.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 am

Well to put that into perspective the survival game I'm on just now (Conan Exiles) has the same issue, but there is a work around.

When it comes to dungeon raiding its all about your level as to whether you need a group or not....

Lv. 10-20 3-4 players recommended

Lv. 30-40 2 players recommended

Lv. 50-60 1 player recommended

Of course a good player can beat the odds going solo but generally you grind the levels you get stronger, whether 76 will have a similar system I cant tell, but I have no doubt the perk system in 76 will have a few for enhancing the solo player.

Forcing squad play does seem to be the latest fad with BF5 being tweaked along the same lines.

Chinese UN Mission.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:45 am

I've got no problem with squad based online games it's just that I'd like the SP games left alone for those that still like to play on their lonesome.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:12 am

Todd Howard interview https://youtu.be/PdYtulRRfDU

Oh dang, he said it...... You cannot play this offline and there are no NPC's
No NPC's?? In a World 4x larger than Fallout 4?? Gonna be pretty empty.....

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:17 am

I was hoping that there'd be a player/pawn system like they had in Dragons Dogma, where you 'borrowed' other players characters for use in your party or picked up pawn bots, but seems unlikely.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm

I'm keeping my Pre order for now, but if it is mainly an online shooter, I'll cancel and wait until its £20 and under

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 pm

The making of Fallout 76 doc by Noclip

https://youtu.be/gi8PTAJ2Hjs

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:08 am

Is it all about the glory of online, no characters and no story?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:10 am

Hmm...I don’t know about this new Fallout game. There are a lot of things that sound cool about it, but the idea of heavy greifing is such a potential turn off, but also sounds like the most fun.

Itks a double edge sword, right. Like going out and co-oping and achieving and completing and beating sounds great. But the thing about online games is it is so easy for all of that stuff to happen to you. Which even if there is 0 penalty it still destroys the experience.

Half my problem with Sea of Theives is I really wanted to take other players treasure. But the 5 or so times me and the crews I were on encountered other players we got very, very wet. Which really helped spoil the only part of the game that felt alive.

I don’t know. I like the idea of maybe co-op an entire Fallout game. That could be fun.

Who wants to join my nuclear wasteland crew?