Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Maryokutai

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by Maryokutai » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Right, the 'BotW mode'. Totally forgot about that but now I remember the announcement.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:51 pm

The GOAT mode? More games should have a GOAT mode, it's a GOAT idea.
🌚

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Here you go Blakey, giant beastcast. Start with this one https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/the- ... 1600-2007/

Yes I know you didn't ask but this has very useful information on the future of humankind and space colonisation, it's required brain food.
🌚

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:24 am

Played another 7 hours since my last post, 26 total.

I mentioned in my last post that they keep adding more and more layers onto the game, and guess what? I carried on with the story for a bit and there was yet another layer put on that gives even more incentive to hunt for clues and take out certain targets around the world. 

I'm still not 100% sure I prefer it to Origins yet but it is just so incredibly magical. I carried on with the story for a bit, then went back in and just sailed around some of the islands basking in the starlight, listening to my crew sing shanty's and it was just such a special moment in a game full of them.

I was just utterly engrossed earlier taking down a Fort. You will take down a lot of Forts/Bandit Camps etc. in this game there's no two way's round it but that feeling of cheekily taking out enemies in a base or managing to go through one completely silent still has such an incredibly special feel to it. I forgot to mention this previously with the Mercenary system, but if you **** up a Fort massively it can act as a kind of up to 5-star wanted level and you find yourself stuck in a Fort with a ton of regular enemies and 2 or 3 Mercenaries too and let me tell you, that shit's intense! 

I also possibly neglected to mention how great the Spartan Kick move is. When we all saw it in the first trailers we all rolled our eyes a bit - it has been a long time since the film 300 came out after all - but the feeling of goading an enemy to the cliff edge then kicking them off and watching them wailing all the way to the ground just never gets old, they've absolutely nailed the oomph you feel on the controller and sound effect when it happens too. I've specced Kassy as a Hunter primarily (similarly to how I specced Biyek) and it is still so incredibly satisfying to get a headshot with the bow, I don't know what special sauce they use to get that feeling but it feels great every single damn time. 

I had a fucking amazing side quest today as well. A guy called Stupideo says he's hearing voices that he'll murder his parents so he locks himself in a Cage. He tasks you with retrieving a Sword and Shield from nearby so his parents can protect themselves if anything goes wrong when he gets out. You go to the Blacksmith first who has the sword and you can agree to bang him if he tells you where the sword is - of course I oblige - but then he says he doesn't have a full 'spear' lately so you need to collect flowers. 

Once you've got the flowers you bring them back to him and you can choose to go through with the **** to get the sword or turn him down. I followed through with the banging, got the Sword and brought it back to Stupideo to then find out I'd already killed the women that had the Shield he wanted (from a cave I'd previously explored). 

Anyway, it turns out his 'parents' outside the cage aren't actually his parents, they're his foster parents. His real dad was the guy I just fucked and his mum was the women I just slaughtered, he's still in the cage wailing 'you fucked my padre and killed my madre?!?!'  :lol: :lol: :lol:  so fucking good.

Some pics:

THIS IS SPARTA!
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:09 am

Now 33 hours in.

Don't have an awfully lot more to add.

Just wanted to say that I carried on with the story at one point, sailing from an island to Attika (where Athens is), stopped off at a 'small island' to explore.

Was there 6 hours 😮 what a game. Had some side quest there where it actually had the time ticking down for me to save someone too, never seen that before in an AC game. I stupidly thought the 'shut up, I'll kill you' choice would save both of them but they both got their throats cut.

33 hours in and I've explored like 6 regions out of 30 😂 barely feels like I've scratched the service, this is one mammoth game.

Some pics:

MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 pm

43 hours in now.

I reached Athens in my last session and it really was pretty damn mind boggling. I've never been lucky enough to go in person but seeing the Parthenon and Akropolis slowing emerging in front of me as I walked over a hill as the sun was setting was such a special sight to behold. Just the size and scale of the city is mad, definitely feels way bigger than Alexandria in Origins and is probably more akin to an entire city in one of the early AC games.

Before I arrived in Athens I spent a ton of time exploring some of the little islands and having an absolute whale of a time. There was this really cool side quest chain which involved training for this 100 person battle royale on an island with a training buddy - Roxana - who I then proceeded to shag and share a romantic moment with before we set out for the tournament and then if you make it to the final two you have the choice to rebel with her and overthrow the tournament organisers in dramatic fashion or cut Roxana down and take all the money and glory for yourself. Being the nice gal I am I decided to overthrow the oppressors and she joined my ship (as an epic level lieutenant no less).

Getting back to Athens. I carried on with the story quest-line I'd been neglecting and met Socrates, Pericles (father of democracy), a famous artist and a few other figures. It is quite interesting how I'm being pulled in numerous directions New Vegas style with one of the military guys wanting me to help him overthrow Pericles and realising Pericles isn't exactly a shining example of democracy of himself with vote rigging and such going on. So it's going to be an interesting dilemma once everything comes to a head there.

Did lots more exploring and polished up almost all the ? in Attika. Once these are done I'll follow the main quest on quite a bit again to catch up and then head off exploring.

I know I've said this many times at this point but it is just utterly mindboggling how gigantic this game is. I'm 43 hours in, FOURTY THREE HOURS and I've discovered like 11 regions, am Level 28 and have barely scratched the surface on the story really. I can say it is easily as big as Skyrim, possibly a lot larger even? It's difficult to tell, but it continues to baffle me with its size and scale.

MFGamers Twitter

regemond

Post by regemond » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Maf, feel free to delete this when you kill the spambot. Or leave it here with no context. I don't care. I don't own you.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm

What are you talking about

And yes I do

regemond

Post by regemond » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm

There was a spam bot called Stella. Made me think of the Simpsons. Hence the gif. Must have been killed before you got to it somehow.

And you do what??

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:17 pm

You are my bitch. My constantly disappointing and heavily demoted bitch.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:27 pm

I just realised this joke makes no sense

Having said that

I stand by what I said

Regemond make me a pie