For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Ubisoft confirmed this one today

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/31/17415 ... -confirmed

Here's an earlier leak from 4chan

Not played Origins but from what I've heard this could take place in Roman occupied Greece, so outside the realm of time of the Homeric epics the title alludes to but also will probably riff off of (look at all that ocean in the image come on you know this will be a sailing game).

I'm mildly interested cause The Odyssey is one of my favourite stories. So a loose riffing of that in Greece could be something I'll be down for.

Will probably come out this year
🌚

maf-me-quick

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:04 pm

Honestly if sailing really is that big of a thing in this one and it’s just like it was before I’ll skip the game entirely.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Leaked screens:

MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:53 am

Tbh, I'm a bit bored of the older settings of Assassins Creed as they don't really differ.
I got halfway through Origins and left it, too samey imo.
I think AC should've carried on from Syndicate and set it in 1930's/40's
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:36 am

I'll more than likely skip this too, it's way too soon after the last for me.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:59 am

There's only so many ways you can stab and slash someone.
I think they want to keep it away from WatchDogs so are distancing it via the time period is my guess.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:32 pm

I was pondering whether I should pick up Origins again but I've decided to just leave it and play Odyssey at the end of the year instead. My main problem with Origins was that its characters and storyline didn't really pull me in. That would have been fine if it had interesting gameplay but AC is too shallow to survive on its gameplay merits alone IMO. If Odyssey brings some slight RPG touches into the mix including better characters and the options to kind of influence some outcomes a bit then that might compensate for a bit of samey fighting and sneaking. Plus Greek armour looks so much better than those filthy cloth tunics you find in Origins.

Will give it a try but to make sure I'm not too tired of the formula when it arrives Origins unfortunately has to keep collecting dust.

Agree with Jax though, a modern setting would be nice again. Syndicate is my favourite game of the franchise and the short glimpse into World War II we got in that game was something I'd hoped they'd pick up at some point for a full game.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:21 pm

It seems to me that the AC games I tend to dislike are the ones with characters that I can't attach to - III, Unity, Origins

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:31 pm

I see a pattern here, you are a massive racist :x :P
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:36 pm

:lol:

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm

therealjaxon wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:21 pm
It seems to me that the AC games I tend to dislike are the ones with characters that I can't attach to - III, Unity, Origins
I still don’t know how you didn’t like Bayek and Aya, Bayek is such a legend and Aya is one of the best characters in any AC game. Arno and Emily were great too in Unity. Connor as a cunt though in AC3 I 100% agree with that.

I didn’t really like Jacob Frie though, thought he was a bit of a cunt but Evie was fantastic.
therealjaxon wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:53 am
Tbh, I'm a bit bored of the older settings of Assassins Creed as they don't really differ.
I got halfway through Origins and left it, too samey imo.
I think AC should've carried on from Syndicate and set it in 1930's/40's
There’s only been 1 :lol:

Shame you didn’t finish Origins, you seemed to butt heads against it at every turn.

I’m personally really happy they ditched the modern cities as it was just getting too stale for me personally, I detested the grappling hook in Syndicate and didn’t really enjoy exploring the city.

On a side note, Odyssey is developed by the Syndicate team.
Maryokutai wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:32 pm
If Odyssey brings some slight RPG touches into the mix including better characters and the options to kind of influence some outcomes a bit then that might compensate for a bit of samey fighting and sneaking.
The RPG touches were already there in Origins, although they were very much RPG-lite. From what the devs are saying about Odyssey its got a lot more RPG elements in it like choosing a character at the start (Kassandra FTW), dialogue options, romance options and the naval combat is going to be more of the full fat variety like it was in AC4 rather than the brief segments of Origins.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 pm

I don't know if the racist bit is true :lol: but the assassin in those games games were deadpan imo.
Kenway was my fav :)

Origins was OK, but I never felt I was doing anything different - maybe I'm just tired of the series now :?

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Blakey wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm
Maryokutai wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:32 pm
If Odyssey brings some slight RPG touches into the mix including better characters and the options to kind of influence some outcomes a bit then that might compensate for a bit of samey fighting and sneaking.
The RPG touches were already there in Origins, although they were very much RPG-lite. From what the devs are saying about Odyssey its got a lot more RPG elements in it like choosing a character at the start (Kassandra FTW), dialogue options, romance options and the naval combat is going to be more of the full fat variety like it was in AC4 rather than the brief segments of Origins.
Yeah, you could unlock unexciting skills and equip stronger weapons. Those are RPG elements they put in there but it still felt like a relatively classic AC game IMO. Odyssey has the potential to actually feel like an RPG as well instead of just borrowing some features from the genre.

And maybe Bayek does a 180 later on but in the first ten hours or so that I played the game he was boring, bland and uninteresting. At that point I've only seens Aya for five minutes in total in some cutscenes but she was already better in those five minutes than Bayek could ever be. Shame you couldn't freely switch between them like in Syndicate.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Desmond should've stayed imo.
I think AC would've been better if it was a 50/50 split game between the assassin in the past and Desmond in present day

That way it keeps it fresh and also gives a good story to stick with and follow.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:19 pm

No