Cyberpunk 2077.

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
sleepery jeem

Cyberpunk 2077.

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Forward : with the news today that the game should be appearing at E3 I thought it time to start a thread on what hopefully could be the next big RPG of hopefully Xmas, but probably next year.....

Media.

CD Projekt RED announces Cyberpunk : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8GVUPr ... e=youtu.be

That Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Background on Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71PGfpPg-v8

Mike Pondsmith about Cyberpunk World : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E&spfreload=5

The World of 2077.

In 2077, the world has reached technological singularity and people are divided into social classes.

The United States of America has fallen to Balkanisation and bankruptcy after succumbing to warfare, kinetic bombardment, famine, and rebellion.

Mega-corporations have seized control, building enclaves within which only their employees are allowed to live.

Outside of these territories are old cities where gangs and governments contend for dominance, and the "Heartland" is wracked by severe dust storms, weathered by nomads.

In outer space, a group called the Orbitals – governed by the Eurozone countries – wield mass drivers as a method of deterrence in the event that their economic sovereignty is challenged.

Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

regemond

Re: Cyberpunk 2077.

Post by regemond » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:32 pm

I'm making a prediction it'll be a cross-gen release in 2020 with the PS5/Xbone2. And yes, I realise that's Xbox One-2. Or Xbox OneTwo. **** it, their naming ideas are already ridiculous.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 08, 2018 1:49 pm

So, it's starting to sound like Cyberpunk 2077 will be at E3 2018 in a big way. At this point the game is all but confirmed to be there, and the general assumption is that it'll appear at one of the big press conferences. It's very likely that the title's re-reveal will end up being our first proper look at CD Projekt Red's highly anticipated role-playing release.

But there may be more to it than that -- a lot more. Back in January, a rumour surfaced stating that Cyberpunk 2077 would be getting a live demo behind closed doors at this year's E3, and now new evidence seems to be solidifying this claim.

According to Everyeye.it editor Francesco Fossetti, he'll be attending an hour-long presentation hosted by CD Project Red at E3 2018. This suggests that the developer has a lot to show off-stage, away from the eyes of the public. What's more, this is similar to how the studio steadily unveiled The Witcher 3 leading up to its release in 2015.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed May 09, 2018 6:09 am

I have high hopes for this but I also doubt we'll see it before 2020.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:29 am

Cyberpunk 2077 Finally Unveiled by CD Projekt with Cinematic Trailer

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

:| still no release date, could Mary be right...

Chinese UN Mission.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 am

Even though still not exactly sure what type of game this is I was really surprised and sold by the trailer. It looks super unique and they seem to really be leaning into the punk part of cyberpunk.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:13 pm

This looks great. However William Gibson is shitting on it on Twitter. That's really weird to me cause for some reason I swore that guy died ages ago. He wrote Neuromancer I think, big sci-fi writer guy.

"Widely credited with pioneering the science fiction subgenre known as cyberpunk"

Then again the guy who writes the Witcher books hates the games, so not a reflection on anything really. But that surprised me.
🌚

DifferentClass

Post by DifferentClass » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:41 pm

He said it looked like GTAV which says to me he gave it cursory outsider glance.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:58 pm

For some reason I was really slow at realising up above that both Witcher and Cyberpunk are the same studio. So both times CD Project Red have pissed off a writer about something.

I guess that means they're doing something right.
🌚

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:28 am

:? seems bizarre to me given it just CGI that's been released so far to form any opinion.

Gibson's issue is more that he doesn't see the gritty film noir feel in what's been show so far I think.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 am

Cyberpunk 2077 first details from CD Projekt Red.

■ The Role-Playing Game of the Dark Future

About the Game

In 2077, America is in pieces. Megacorps control life in all its aspects from the top floors of their sky-high fortresses.

Down below, drug-pushing gangs, dirty-tech hustlers, and slingers of illicit braindances run the streets.

The world in between is where decadence, sex, and pop culture mix with violent crime, extreme poverty, and the unattainable promise of the American Dream.

In a world where you have no future, what matters is that you control who you are.

To survive and protect your independence, you modify your body with advanced cyberware and take jobs others would never dare.

You choose to live free, bound by no systems or controls—the only rules you obey are your own. Because you’re a Cyberpunk.

In Cyberpunk 2077 you play as V—a hired gun on the rise and you just got your first serious contract.

In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners, and corporate lifehackers, today you take your first step towards becoming an urban legend.

■ Become a street mercenary of the future…

Create a hero able to survive in America’s most dangerous megacity.

•Create Your Own Cyberpunk Your name is V, and you can be anyone you want to be. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature full character customization, with gender, appearance, and personal background all affecting the shape of your game.

As you progress. you’ll develop skills in urban warfare and network hacking, as well as modify your body with cyberware like infra-red eyes or neural reflex boosters.

•Fluid Class System – Become a Netrunner. Techie or Solo.. or a mix of all three. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t impose any player roles and allows all available classes.

•See Night City Through Your Eyes – Cyberpunk 2077 brings first-person perspective back to the role-playing genre. Deep narrative immersion is a key design priority, and you’ll experience the story of the game’s protagonist entirely through their eyes.

•Interactive Dialogue Control – You’re a participant, an agent, not an observer.
Cyberpunk 2077 features an interactive dialogue system that gives players maximum control during conversations—comment on an uncooperative character’s tattoo to please them, or end a conversation early with a well-placed bullet. The choice is always yours.

•Game Noir – With its mature approach to storytelling, Cyberpunk 2077 adopts elements of noir cinema and inserts them into the future of video games.
Without a clear definition of what’s good or evil, in Cyberpunk 2077 you’ll make hard choices to define yourself in a city that wants to bring you to your knees.

■ …and enter the most decadent megacity…

Night City is a playground for dreamers, an urbarn jungle that offers luxury excess… or a bullet to the brain if you mess with the corporations.

•Go Anywhere, Do Anything – Cyberpunk 2077 is fully open-world, which means Night City is yours for the taking – if you’re prepared. With 6 distinct districts to explore, hundreds of buildings and thousands rooms to enter, and dozens of miles of roads to hit, there are always places to be and things to do.

•You’re Worth What You Have – The world of cyberpunks is all about your gear. Wear designer clothes, buy (or steal) cars, and acquire black market military tech to help you during your missions.
Then use blood money to invest in properties all around the city.

•Jack In, Run the Net – Night City is fully connected and offers countless cyberspace access terminals. As you explore the Net, you’ll discover layers of hidden systems, firewalls, and security programs deployed to fry your brain. During missions, you’ll clash with hostile netrunners defending corporate megabuildings—both in cyberspace and in the real world.

■ …to uncover it’s dirtiest secrets.

Story-driven and action-packed, Cyberpunk 2077‘s cinematic plot was written to provide a rich and robust single-player experience.
Offering dozens of hours of main arc quests and lots of additional activities like side quests and Street Stories, the game is a good fit for both hardcore completionists and gamers who like to focus on instant action.
Featuring CD Projekt RED’s trademark storytelling system driven by choice and consequence, in Cyberpunk 2077 players navigate the streets of Night City along strongly contrasting paths to arrive at one of a range of story outcomes.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am

Cyberpunk 2077 is currently blowing minds at E3 2018. That's according to a number of video games journalists who have taken to Twitter in order to voice their first impressions. The game was shown behind closed doors to members of the press earlier today.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person RPG. Open world, sprawling city, no load screens. Run and gun, cover-based gunplay. Drive in first or third person. Tons of choice, upgrades. Visually stunning.
Cyberpunk 2077 is like Rockstar levels of open-world craziness. Beautiful, detailed, choice everywhere. Gunplay is wicked. Can run on walls, plant into them with blades, drop onto foes, slice their heads off. Slow time, use mods to control bots. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 am

One-armed dwarf wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:13 pm
This looks great. However William Gibson is shitting on it on Twitter. That's really weird to me cause for some reason I swore that guy died ages ago. He wrote Neuromancer I think, big sci-fi writer guy.

"Widely credited with pioneering the science fiction subgenre known as cyberpunk"

Then again the guy who writes the Witcher books hates the games, so not a reflection on anything really. But that surprised me.
As far as I recall, from a GamesTM feature a few years ago, the game is based on the Cyberpunk pen & paper RPG, which was released in the late 1980s (which took inspiration from the work of Gibson and others).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

It'll be interesting to see how they address the combat system, noting from the RPG:

"The combat system, called "Friday Night Firefight", emphasizes lethality. Several pages in the rules are devoted to discussing real combat vs. the illusions often seen on TV. Attempts are made to keep the combat as realistic as possible in a game setting. No matter who the character is, a single bullet can result in a lethal wound. This encourages a more tactically oriented and thought-out game play, which is in accordance to the rough-and-gritty ethos of the Cyberpunk genre.'

That doesn't suggest to me that "run & gun, and cover based gunplay" should actually make up a large part of the game, but it is what's often expected in a video game.

I played the RPG a few times, but preferred CoC and Runequest.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am

But Jeems post above yours

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am

maf-me-quick wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am
But Jeems post above yours
Yes, that's what worries me.

Albeit if you watch say the trailers for Kingdom Come Deliverance they too focused on the combat, whilst in reality I've only killed around 25 people (mostly bandits and Cuman raiders) in 50+ hrs of gameplay.