Vampyr.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Maryokutai

Re: Vampyr.

Post by Maryokutai » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:45 am

I mean they are good if you want to check out something obscure you've stumbled upon on Steam. If it says 90 on metacritic you probably live under a rock, if it says 70 it's worth a shot and if it says 30 you better stay away.

But with a new game coming out I feel it's just better to gauge player feedback. I don't go into detail about what I read due to spoilers and such but generally speaking most players have left their first sessions with a positive impressions. Which of course could also be explained by low expectations because this is as mid-budget as it gets but anyway, I'm looking forward to it. It's always nice to have a new game during E3 week when they show tons of new games.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:59 am

I get what you're saying, though I'm wary of day-one buyer impressions cause I feel there's still a bit of selection bias there.

Thing is we do need this 'B-Tier' in games for ideas to flourish. Nier wouldn't exist otherwise. Nier was B-Tier as ****, so is Automata to an extent.

Hooray for jank.
🌚

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Vampyr - 11 Things We Wish We Knew Before We Played

PlayStation Access : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc_WLy_Vg8M

We've been playing gothic RPG Vampyr on PS4! Nath and Dave are here to offer an overview of everything from the game's explorable period London to the combat, vampire powers, and the game's unique district and citizen gameplay mechanics. Think of this as a crash course on everything Vampyr.

We've tried to make this a spoiler-free video. We don't talk plot details, though we do show some characters and menu screens which if read carefully can reveal incidental information. There are light spoilers for locations and minor enemies.

8) lot of depth here.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:57 pm

:| Had a look at Amazon and they (8:56pm) have just 7 copy's in stock, so hopefully its selling well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximum-Games- ... A182255031
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:21 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:57 pm
:| Had a look at Amazon and they (8:56pm) have just 7 copy's in stock, so hopefully its selling well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximum-Games- ... A182255031
That’s just from a 3rd party seller Jeem, there’s loads available direct from Amazon.

I doubt it sold well in all honesty, but I’m sure I’ll like it and sales in the future will help.

I downloaded it last night on Steam, will start it tonight.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 am

Played my first 70 minutes of this earlier.

I'm incredibly impressed to say the least, I tend to say that a lot nowadays but first impressions are excellent.

It looks phenomenal, the lighting effects are spot on and the texture quality has got an slight stylised look to it that makes everywhere feel rich and vivid, if you've ever had a dream to go through a Jack The Ripper era London with all the typical accompaniments of the period then you're well catered for, it definitely looks the part and recreates an incredibly moody, rich, dingy and dank 19th century London. There are compromises though as it is a AA-Indie title like the facial animations and obviously the overall texture quality, lighting and things like that can't match a AAA title, but you know what it is still so damn good and the atmosphere they create with it is better than a host of AAA titles out there.

Part of what makes it feel so special is the music as well, it is just sensational. I don't know how they've done it but it feels so in tune with the aesthetics, like they playtested for hours on end to get the right atmosphere at the right times when you're exploring the streets or speaking to someone, it has this eery, mysterious, noir-esque feel to it that just makes you want to explore every nook and cranny of the environment and pulls you deeper and deeper into this world.

Combat is better than I expected in all honesty, I seem to unlock more stuff via an upgrade tree as I go along but at the moment it's simplistic but fun with a stun, bite, knife slash and ranged move in my arsenal. When you've got more than one enemy on you it feels satisfying going from one to another and slicing them about, but it doesn't look that fantastic on screen if that makes sense, it feels a bit rudimentary and the animations are lacking but it works well, feels great and I'm sure it'll only get better and more complex over the course of the game.

I won't say anything about the story so far - I'm so early on there's not all that much to say in all honesty - but it starts incredibly well and has only built up more and more intruige and mystery as its gone on, I just cannot wait to see what happens next and nothing much is even happening, the early signs of an excellent story to me.

Lots of photos:

MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:20 pm

I played it for two, three hours so far and it seems rather good. I had to adjust to the production values in the beginning as the last single player game I played was God of War but if you get across that initial hurdle you're able to appreciate the game more for what it is. One thing I've always liked ever since The Last Story or Dragon Age II is having an RPG set in a relatively modest space that doesn't ask you to save the world (again). The premise of being a doctor in a city plagued by, well, plagues is rather novel and so far it's fittingly executed (even if I have no idea if the chemical/medicine talk is accurate or not).

I'm not sure how the difficulty curve is going to work out. You level up a lot faster if you suck other people out but I've been able to defeat three grouped up level 13 enemies at level 6 so it's hard to say if that's even tempting in the long run or not.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am

I think I'm closing in on ten hours or so. It's really good but it has an almost glacial pace reminiscent of games like Shenmue or even Rise of the Argonauts. Out of these 10 hours I probably spent one hour fighting, two hours exploring and seven hours talking to people. It's not for everyone but I'm enjoying it so far – I'd expect though that the balance will shift as soon as you've met most or all NPC characters in the world.

I am not a fan of the autosave though. While technically I think it's a nice idea to really force people to commit to their decisions and live with them, I often have trouble foreseeing the outcome from whatever I pick in those games and tend to reload a bit here and there. Yesterday I made a decision that seemed ok in my head but then the protagonist went and brainwashed a character who turned into a vampire the next which attacked me so I had to kill it and now one of the most helpful and positive NPCs in the city is dead. That's a massive bummer and I kind of have to force myself to keep playing which I hope is not what they wanted to accomplish with the save system.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 pm

From what I've read and seen I feel that your freedom to chose was a deliberate choice by DN, they prepared multiple intersecting story trees for the story because of it.

Not so much for replay value but more about pushing you through a narrative partially of your making, remember you've already admitted to feeding on people, yes you levelled up quicker but at the cost of side missions those victims would have given or contributed to.

Your in your own tailored version of the game now, is that a good thing, not sure, but its different from the usual A to B to C of most games.

Chinese UN Mission.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 pm

I understand what they're doing with it, I just wish you weren't forced to exclusively rely on autosave. The outcome of the decision I mentioned wasn't entirely clear and I was definitely shooting for a different result, yet to the vagueness of your replies it was hard to gauge and now I have to deal with a district that's on the brink of collapse. If it was a conscious decision to get there I wouldn't be upset but I feel I'm only partially to blame.

Still enjoying it though, it has some very interesting concepts and story beats but it's a very slow burner.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Vampyr - Accolade Trailer | PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGK7px5en0

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:16 am

Dontnod Entertainment has given its recently-released Vampyr its first patch, with the update providing several bug fixes and much more.

The patch itself addresses a number of bug fixes within the game (including a critical crash error in the PC version), while also implementing a few smaller new features, such as a fix for the Recovering Icon and the ability to toggle the walk functionality.

More details on the specific changes and bug fixes from the developer can be found in the full patch notes below.

New Features
•[PC] Walk can now be used as a held input or a toggled input.
•The Recovering Icon is now properly displayed when a citizen is healing

Fixes
•[PC] Switching targets can now be done with the mouse wheel.
•During the cutscene between Dorothy and Darius, Dorothy will now properly be shown. A new playthrough is needed for this.
•Fixed an issue where Sean Hampton was stuck in a chair while reloading during certain dialogues.
•Fixed an issue where spoiler characters would incorrectly spawn.
•Fixed an issue where Tom Watts’s sidequest would be blocked while performing a medical checkup mid-choice
•Fixed an issue where players were able to escape the map in Southwark
•[X1] Fixed an issue with water light reflection blinding players.
•Optimised the in-game menus
•Fixed an issue where in-game and in-menu serum icons were inverted.
•[PC] Fixed an issue where players were unable to change inventory page using KB/M
•[PC] Green flickering should no longer occur
•Fixed an issue where Camelia’s dialogue would stay locked, even with all hints unlocked.
•Various other fixes

[PC Only]How To Fix Low Level Fatal Crash Error

An issue where LowLevelFatalCrash errors was identified. To fix this issue, you will need to download new drivers for your Intel HD Graphics 530 graphics card for Windows 10. To do this, follow the steps below.

•Click https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... duct=88345

•Click ‘win64_24.20.100.6136.zip’ button under Available Downloads.

•Save and open ‘win64_24.20.100.6136.zip’ file from Downloads.

•Extract all file content into Downloads.

•Close the file.

•Right click on the Windows Start button > Device Manager > Display adapters.

•Right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 > Uninstall device.

•Check Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.

•Restart the computer.

•Right click on the Windows Start button > Device Manager > Display adapters.

•Right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 > Update driver.

•Click Browse my computer for driver software.

•Click Browse… button then select Downloads and click OK.

•Click Next.

•Once the driver installed, click Close.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Vampyr Has Sold Over 450,000 Copies One Month After Release

Dontnod Entertainment revealed that their recently released action RPG Vampyr has already sold close to half a million copies across all platforms.

Chinese UN Mission.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:15 pm

That's pretty solid, right? I mean nobody talked about it before or after release, there was no hype whatsoever. Budget seems to have been on the smaller side as well so I guess this did ok financially.

I'll continue my playthrough as soon as it's a bit cooler outside, definitely not a summer game IMO.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 pm

VAMPYR Review - The Rageaholic

Warning ending spoiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCUQJW3rDpg

:lol: he likes it sort of.

Chinese UN Mission.