Turok/Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Turok/Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:56 am

Hi

So I'm starting my own thread for this because I want to and you can't stop me. Also I'm enjoying it in a weird way. I feel like it's bad to say I enjoy this because it's so dumb and crude and bullshit. And maybe it's the nostalgia but I never played these games properly as a kid, certainly not the first one (Which is what I started with)

Also come talk with me if you want. I will make you pro dinosaur hunter!

maf-me-quick

Re: Turok/Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 am

Turok is a asshole video game. Not even like it’s super difficult, more like it’s a troll. I’ve got to level 3 and it’s the most fighting I’ve had to do yet. But the game respawns enemies at random. Like you don’t even have to leave a “room” for them to come back. You can run around, kill everything, then start looking for ammo and health, and then out of nowhere you just start taking damage because the game has spawned in a dinosaur or a bad guy or something.

Also it’s secrets are difficult. Like it’s as basic as find the secret switch and the door will open, and the doors are clearly visible but the switches are nowhere to be found. I’ve covered some areas in everyway I can think of and still nowt. And it’s difficult when the game keeps spawning enemies in.

And lastly, at the end of level 3 there’s all these columns you have to jump to. So I’m doing it and it’s like 1, 2, 3 and as I jump to the 4th one a enemy falls right out the sky where I’m about o land and i fall and die. Asshole video game!

Having said that, I’m kind of liking it. Level 1 is terrible but level 2 and 3 are kind of good. They are very crude in just about every way but you can kind of see what they’re going for. This game is as basic as it gets but, there’s something mindless and fun about just sipping around at ridiculously high speed and half aiming at things and letting auto aim do the rest

I’m pretty sure this game is massively different compared to the original. I’m not calling it easy, but Inever member it being this easy (It’s not easy but compared to what I was expecting)

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:13 am

Turok is an asshole video game. After I beat the first boss and got the pulse rifle the game just decided to boost the damage that enemies do for no reason. Before if I got caught in a line of sight I might 2 or 3 bits of health. Now it's like boom 20 points of health gone. Like why are you an asshole? The enemies are the same enemies

The boss itself was ridiculous. I don't remember this boss at all, I'm pretty sure I never fought him before. The only boss I remember is like this big skeleton guy on a pirate ship who was the end boss. Like I say never played this game before without cheats.

Anyway, basically you enter this big circle arena and these fucking jeeps come out of nowhere. I was so surprised to see jeeps. Or anything of recognisable technology. Anyway they have health bars and you have to shoot them. And this bit is really easy because the AI is so bad they literally just drive in circles around you and you shoot them. They don't even fire back. I don't know what they're supposed to do.

But after then this guy comes out and he just rips me apart. He's chasing me all around this arena and kicking me and shooting me with homing projectiles which I'm honestly not sure are dodgeable. And he just takes life after life of me and every time you respawn Turok says "I...AM TUROK!" It's like you're an idiot this one guy is beating the shit out of you like 5 times in a row. Eventually he went down and I got the pulse rifle.

Then this morning I finished level 4 (of 8 ) and it was pretty fun. Because of the damage increase from enemies I'm really adapted the "Stay very far away and pot shot to death" my range is slightly longer than their range so it seems to work

2 disappointing things: 1) There is an achievement for getting all the parts of the Chronoscepter (seriously) and I managed to find the pieces in the first 3 levels but not the forth. And I went everywhere I could get to. But this game hides it's secrets well. I think I saw the nuke gun but could not get to it. I may have to follow a guide to get any pieces of the Chronoscepter (seriously) that I miss.

2nd disappointing thing is there is also an achievement for getting max health. Which I think is 250 because when I got to 250 I literally couldn't pick up any more health. But the points didn't pop so I don't know. I literally had 250 health + full armour and still nothing.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am

Here what I know about this turko thing

The draw distance be shit

Dinos

So whats the deal, why care about this dum game
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 am

I don't know. The draw distance is improved by like a 1000 times in the remaster. And I'm not saying that makes this good but it's true.

It is impossible for me to judge this game on it's quality. It is an asshole, but it's old, but I'm kind of enjoying it, but I don't think it's good, but it might be nostalgia, but I really only have nostalgia for the sequel.

I don't know. My perspective is too warped to tell you if this is good and why I am playing it

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:12 am

It's an old asshole? yuk
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Holy shit I beat the game

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:24 pm

One-armed dwarf wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am

Dinos

You not play any games pre millennium?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Wow. I actually beat Turok. I have no idea how anyone would do this on the N64. Pretty much my main strategy requires 2 stick controls, so, I don't know how that would work.

Regardless. I can say without cheats I actually beat Turok.

The last boss is super easy. You have to Dark a Souls it where if you just stay a certain distance away instead of doing he's fireball attacks he just tries to kick, misses, then tries again while you're backing up. Actually easiest boss in the game and there's 2 lots of mini gun ammo plus I went in with a full ammo for it which is more than enough to put him down.

I'm not going to lie, I like this game. As this isn't the "real" version I feel like anything I really say about the game is invalid as you have so many more options in regards to controls and draw distance, but I still enjoyed my time with this - surprisingly. I thought this would be a nightmare game.

Anyway, need a break for a bit b fore starting Turok 2. Which I'm very cited for as well all know that's the good one.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:24 pm

*OneTwo* wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:24 pm
One-armed dwarf wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am

Dinos

You not play any games pre millennium?
No he is a millennial

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm

You are also a millennial
🌚

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Not that again :lol:

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:58 pm

I am not a millennial. I can feel it

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 pm

He thinks he's unique but he's every bit as entitled and tech-addicted and developmentally-fuked as the rest of us avocado chomping idiots :x :lol:
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:00 pm

I don't think I'm unique, I'm just not a millennial. I don't even know what an avocado is