The Survival Games Thread.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
sleepery jeem

Re: The Survival Games Thread Featuring : Conan Exiles.

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 pm

So though i'd try a dungeon run with the bow so experimented with the Lotus potion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv8za3V ... e=youtu.be
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:29 am

Another vid up, this one a simple loot cheat exploit I sometimes do for 20m in the morning before going to work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53mgiLz7rhE
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Frost, a “solo survival card game” that first launched for PC (Steam) in July 2016, is coming to PlayStation 4 on July 17 in North America and July 18 in Europe, Switch on July 19, and Xbox One on July 20, publisher Digerati and developer Studio des Tenebres announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3VdJegnNyc

Frost is a deck-building, solo survival card game set on a harsh, frozen world ravaged by a lethal storm. You must lead a group of nomads in search of the Refuge – a haven away from the Frost’s icy grip.

As well as the unrelenting threat of the Frost, your arduous trek will be fraught with many other dangers, such as wolves, cannibals, hunger, and fatigue. Manage your cards wisely to stay alive and make it all the way to the Refuge.

Key Features
•Challenging survival deck-building gameplay, requiring anticipation, strategy, and memory
•Dozens of cards to discover – card types include resources, weapons, ideas, dangers and regions
•An intriguing and immersive world
•Beautiful hand-drawn artwork
•Hours of gameplay with difficulty modes, endless mode, scenarios and new cards to unlock
•Encounter many different characters and make use of their abilities
•Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:56 am

:shock: what the smeg :!:

Got a message last night from an American PSNF who joined my community, turns out you can increase the harvesting rate and build rate of Exiles in single player mode.

Now instead of gathering 7 pieces of stone with every button press I now gather 70 :shock:

:| been plugging away for weeks at this game and now suddenly a whole new world opens up to build anything I can imagine :D

:| does feel a bit like a cheat mode though, but its just to tempting to not exploit.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Conan Exiles -- Accolades Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5QdnE4ZpU0

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Panic Button is bringing underwater survival game Subnautica to PS4 later this year

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJsIV5Uy9Qs

In the 22nd century, humanity is beginning to colonise planets.

You are on a mission to find a missing ship when a massive energy pulse sends you crashing into the planet.

You find yourself stranded in your damaged escape pod on an alien, mostly-ocean planet. Now it’s your job to find a way home.

Scour the planet to find food, water, and materials to make the equipment you’ll need to survive, from knives to diving gear, high-tech watercraft, and more.

Over time, you will build your own unique base of operations on the sea floor, with various layouts, components, and environmental factors.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:42 pm

NEW Survival game by the DayZ developers - Vigor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujlga6eL9w

Vigor is a new survival game made by the DayZ team, Bohemia Interactive. It's still in development but you can play it now on the Xbox Preview Program.

Chinese UN Mission.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:56 pm

No, I’m good, thanks

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 am

Picontier: A Slow Living Miniscape RPG

Picontier is a pixel art slow living miniscape RPG which allows you to enjoy a slow living on the island.

Spend your time farming, crafts, mining and fishing, or if you’re the adventurous sort, take a journey to the dungeons to fight off monsters! How you spend your time is all up to you.

Follow a charming story by communicating with the strange beings on the island.

Main Features
•Designed by indie label Skipmore, known for their reputation for high quality pixel art and sound design, and their Fairune and Drancia series titles.
•The game will be available in English and Japanese.

Watch a new trailer below (from 52:55 to 53:30).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFbE-HLAKDg

:| bit to retro graphically for me.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:16 pm

:| hmm interesting, it seems in Japan Exiles will be called Outcast....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7wAfRI4Ilw

Not a word that exists or has an equivalent in Japanese perhaps, but more likely just a copyright issue.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:31 pm

:| So I've been beavering away for ages now and thought it time to update my progress, :oops: still haven't left the first area as such or made much story progress either.

I just like the way I can dip in and out sometimes just gathering materials or building new mini bases, even just going on thrall hunts and NPC camps raids easily fills the odd hour here and there :D

Building traps for the games world bosses...

Anyway unlike say Fallout 4 where you limited to certain areas here you can build almost anywhere so instead of a behemoth mega base I've instead created a huge network of roads and bridges and mini bases..

And have uploaded 6 clips of my efforts to YT today.

(please note I use the same piece of music taken from the Conan film for all clips, cant really find anything else that fits really, also making use of the shareplay fast forward a lot given how long it takes to run my roadways, this game is so much bigger than say Skyrim)

First we start at Shifting Sands my central hub base (still adding to it one decoration at a time) to Slavers Bay where I originally had my first big base, this is now a mothballed area as such, though when I unlock the world map/teleport system I will be able to jump back anytime to farm Thralls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gimVEmy ... -zL21Zd-Ol

Next a tour of the rebuilt Slavers bay where I spent probably the first 40h of play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2rd0CJ ... Zd-Ol&t=0s

This one is a short run and tour of my Steelfire factory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvtw-31 ... Ol&index=4

:| higher grade items and equipment/building materials require high grade resources, in this game like most of its genre requires you mine the basics then refine them.

In this case to make steel you must...

Build a smelter.

Stock it with fuel.

Mine Iron ore, and smelt down to make iron bars.

Build an alchemists cauldron and a tannery.

Kill people and animals, skin them, turn the hides you get in to leather at the tannery, and collect the by-product Tar.

Mine Brimstone.

Place the Tar and Brimstone in the cauldron to make Steelfire.

Melt the iron bars together with the Steelfire to finally :roll: get Steel Bars.

:| and steel is just a grade 2 item....it goes up to 4 :shock:

:lol: yes it is laborious at times but my loot OCD just loves it :oops:

Anyway, here the steel making process in action (the vid is speeded up x2)…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0crzS ... -zL21Zd-Ol

Next we have Fort Thrall the mini base I use to farm slaves next to the Summoning Place (major game world location) here you find a mix of jobs thralls from dancers to cooks....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wExHiUB ... Ol&index=2

And finally one of my traps in action as I kill the overworld bat boss...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYkWhda ... Ol&index=1

:oops: and yes I screwed up my first run, hence my corpse :roll: which I even forgot to skin....stupid Jeem.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Get Lost in the Woods When The Forest Launches on PS4 in November

The setup is that you're the survivor of a plane crash, and you need to go out into the wilderness to find your missing son. To do that, you'll need to feed and water yourself, as well as keep warm and secure at night.

Most interestingly, it's completely open ended, so you can go about playing the game as you wish.

"[The Forest] encourages creativity. The game doesn’t tell you what to do, so everyone will experience their own version of the story. We try to give players as many options as possible and it’s been surprising for us how different individual playthroughs can be. Some players will focus on combat and exploration, whilst others will focus on building the most insane base possible."

It also features a full crafting and building system, allowing you to make weaponry, equipment, and even big shelters. What's more, you don't have to face the forest alone -- up to four friends can explore the world together.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:55 pm

:? weird indeed...

Japanese Sales Charts: Conan Exiles Cleaves Its Way to Number 1 on PS4

Well, we're not quite sure how, but Conan Exiles has leapt straight to number 1 in Japan on PlayStation 4. The survival role-playing game (you know, the one with visible penises) moved 32,000 copies on Sony's system, and that was enough to secure the throne. My Hero Academia: One's Justice also made the top 5 on PS4, but only managed around 16,000 copies.

Despite Conan's best efforts, however, sales of the standard PS4 actually decreased, dropping to around 14,000 units. At least the PS4 Pro fared a little better this time around, hopping to 9,000 units. Maybe people just want to see those barbarian genitals in 4K? Or are they censored in Japan? To be honest, we're not really willing to find out.

Hardware sales
1.Switch – 46,259 (54,647)
2.PlayStation 4 – 14,122 (20,911)
3.PlayStation 4 Pro – 8,716 (4,932)
4.New 2DS LL – 5,015 (7,872)
5.PlayStation Vita – 2,540 (3,083)
6.New 3DS LL – 2,420 (3,316)
7.2DS – 362 (708)
8.Xbox One X – 58 (45)
9.Xbox One – 53 (51)

Software sales

1.[PS4] Conan Exiles (Spike Chunsoft, 08/23/18) – 32,117 (New)
2.[NSW] My Hero One’s Justice (Bandai Namco, 08/23/18) – 24,626 (New)
3.[NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 18,234 (230,404)
4.[NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 16,036 (2,572,882)
5.[PS4] My Hero One’s Justice (Bandai Namco, 08/23/18) – 16,026 (New)
6.[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,146 (1,722,038)
7.[NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! (Bandai Namco, 07/19/18) – 10,829 (172,849)
8.[3DS] WarioWare Gold (Nintendo, 08/02/18) – 9,067 (79,410)
9.[NSW] Mario Tennis Aces (Nintendo, 06/22/18) – 8,832 (324,490)
10.[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 7,472 (1,091,794)
11.[NSW] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo, 07/13/18) – 6,463 (108,698)
12.[NSW] Pro Yakyuu Famista Climax (Bandai Namco, 08/02/18) – 5,975 (77,751)
13.[3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon (The Pokemon Company, 11/17/17) – 5,946 (1,709,657)
14.[NSW] Kirby: Star Allies (Nintendo, 03/16/18) – 5,372 (601,576)
15.[NSW] Super Mario Odyssey (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 10/27/17) – 4,842 (1,800,721)
16.[NSW] Octopath Traveler (Square Enix, 07/13/18) – 4,611 (188,238)
17.[PSV] Killer and Strawberry (Limited Edition Included) (Broccoli, 08/23/18) – 4,532 (New)
18.[3DS] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo, 07/13/18) – 3,076 (42,818)
19.[PS4] Yakuza 3 (Sega, 08/09/18) – 2,800 (35,600)
20.[NSW] Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy DX (Level-5, 08/09/18) – 2,345 (17,150)

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:04 pm

New Hardcore Survival Game SCUM Hits Early Access

Have you ever played DayZ or even PUBG and thought to yourself “I wish I felt more like a real human being”? Ever wonder what it would be like to have RPG elements layered on top of a survival shooter? Well, even if you haven’t, there’s a new game from Devolver Digital that is seeking to give players one of the most in-depth survival games ever and it’s called SCUM.

The game layers Dungeons-and-Dragons-style stat systems, where every point in constitution, or dexterity can make or break your gameplay, on top of a loot-based survival system to create a game that actually takes your characters metabolism into account, as well as your intelligence level when crafting, or your weight when sprinting.

The game’s release trailer can be found below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9JnqiuEk0

This game is the next step in the hardcore survival genre, but while it is going where no game has before, it may serve the video game industry more as a barometer for what players actually want. Many survival games focus on hunger, thirst, and sometimes warmth, but SCUM goes way beyond this and introduces a metric ton of micromanagement that players may be looking for.

It also appears to include some mechanics reminiscent of The Hunger Games, or The Darwin Project as well as a matchmaking system to find players for various deathmatches.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Subnautica developers announce stand-alone expansion Below Zero

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/30/17800 ... date-price

Chinese UN Mission.