The Survival Games Thread Featuring : Conan Exiles. (warning nude polygons on display)

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
sleepery jeem

Re: The Survival Games Thread Featuring : Conan Exiles. (warning nude polygons on display)

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 pm

:twisted: I do love breaking a game.

Unlike the PC version playing on normal on PS4 you don't have access to auto item looting respawns etc.so this leads to hours of mining for ore and cutting down trees for fuel to process it to obtain metal for armour and weapons.

But I found a simple way to farm lots of low-mid range items like Steel Bars and Thick Leather speeding up item creation 5 fold.

To the extreme west there is a Darfari camp* I built a simple FOB (forward operating base) on the rock face just outside the village (pic below).

I built the FOB because it's a good 5min run to get back to my main base, so I only ferry loot back once its worth my while (every 10 farming runs or so).

I put 4 chests inside to gather and sort materials then kill everyone and looted the two respawning loot crates in the camp, making sure to skin and loot all the bodies as well of course.

Then I go back to the FOB save my game, hit exit to main menu, reload my save and BLAM ! the camp has respawned and the run begins again.

Darfari camp*

Darfari - Barbaric to the core, Darfari are savage bandits, murderers and cannibals that form loose bands in order to bring sacrifices to the altar of their god Yog.
They file their teeth to points and use mud and twigs to style their black hair into horns, giving them a demonic appearance.
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.
We used to call this bigotry.
Now we call this being woke.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Re: The Survival Games Thread Featuring : Conan Exiles. (warning nude polygons on display)

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Conan Exiles’ creative director explains how it’s different from Ark

Feature : https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/14/17352 ... ontroversy
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm

First and foremost....

:oops: Jeems got Moobs.

Do like that they sprung for the rights to use Howards work as most weapons have a little Conan quote in their Info page...

Started on a new base next to my farming spot...

:roll: you live and learn I suppose as it wasn't till I laid all those foundations three deep when what I needed to do was just build a column and use roof parts for the floor (top column on the left).

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Conan Exiles Interview — Creative Director Talks Launch, New Features, Thralls, Map, and Much More

Feature : https://www.dualshockers.com/conan-exiles-interview/

"Conan! What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women."

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri May 18, 2018 3:55 am

So finally the game as promised...

The No Man’s Sky Next update will launch alongside the release of the Xbox One version of No Man’s Sky on July 24, developer Hello Games announced.

The No Man’s Sky Next update will add full multiplayer, including the ability to meet up with friends and strangers, and work together to survive, prey on others, or build bases.

....seems there is still a community going strong, small perhaps but still going.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat May 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Decided on a good spot to build my desert zone mega base (1 of 4 zones in the game)...

Been busy on it this past week...

Built over 5 levels I should finish initial construction by next week, then I need to install all the crafting stations etc. before I start enslaving Thralls.

1 : will build my personal house here at the fifth level.

2 : Be putting a Temple of Mitra here.

3 : Thrall quarters, though I'm not exactly sure what their requirements are' I assume its similar to Fallout 4 with them needing beds/food/water etc.

4 : Main crafting Hall.

5 : will put twin sets of Ballista here for defence against God Avatar attacks.

6 : Harbour will be my field with potted plants providing food.

7 : the Harbour itself will have room for both Fish and Shellfish traps again providing more food.

And finally...weeeee...

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun May 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Up till now I have been farming Shellbacks for Medium grade steaks, then yesterday morning I used the fish trap for the first time and got Medium grade exotic fish saving me from having to fight Shellbacks (giant quadruped turtles).

It got even better when I built a Shellfish Trap and I can now catch High Grade Lobster for food (immediately set up 6 pots :) ).

:D one of my oldest PSNF's Philly is playing the game as well so I now have a Clan to play with :D

:| but so far we cant exchange items or kit on console as yet, though I did read it might be coming at some point.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 pm

8) got my first Thrall...

:| first one I tried to capture fell through the ground, but managed to catch this Dancer on my second raid, the Dancers serve a rather unique function in the game.

When you explore the Dungeons you accumulate mental trauma from the inhuman monsters you find there, this acts as a De-Buff to your overall stats.

I stole her armour because its better than mine, honest Guv.

:? odd one this not quite sure what the developers are aiming for with this, but in I suppose the books most normal humans scream and go nuts when confronted with an ancient evil.

Whereas of course Conan just feels an icy chill...then draws his sword and kills everything :twisted:

Also of note is that the Thralls don't need as much care as say the Villagers in Fallout 4, as once you break them on the wheel of pain (which you need only make gruel for) they don't sleep or eat.

Currently got an Warrior on the wheel and will assign her to help cook as she is only a level 1, think I will fill my town with ladies...maybe name my villa Lesbos in tribute :wink:

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Earthfall launches July 13

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeDk_jFYGcU

Earthfall, from Seattle-area developer Holospark, is a cooperative shooter for up to four players. Using team-based tactics to fortify holdouts and complete objectives, players must work together to survive. Aliens have invaded, and it’s up to players to fight back with a modern arsenal of weaponry combined with the ability to fortify locations and create choke-points with man-portable barricades and heavy turrets.

Earthfall features a complete story-mode, wherein players will uncover the reason for the invasion, and more.

Key Features
•Cooperative Survival For up to Four Players – Team up with friends to survive the alien infestation. Robust multiplayer support and A.I. teammates stand ready to ensure a full team at any time regardless of available players.
•Build Your Defenses – Strategically deploy barricades to block the enemy hordes and install turrets anywhere to create perfect alien killing zones.
•Multiple Campaigns – Each campaign tells a story across several missions, allowing players to dive in and experience diverse settings and mission types across the Pacific Northwest.
•Close Encounters of the Brutal Kind – Deadly aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from massive drones armies attacking in waves to towering behemoths spitting plasma, every experience is different, each time you play.
•Battle Unpredictable Enemies – Earthfall features a dynamic spawn system providing a constant set of new challenges lurking behind every corner.
•An Unfolding Story – Every campaign reveals new content and secrets behind the world of Earthfall and the cataclysmic alien invasion.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Meanwhile on Exiles.

I discovered that you don't need to feed or care for your Thralls after enslavement, they just exist as pieces on the chessboard for you to place as you see fit.

You can set them up in guard positions in your base or have them follow you to assist in battle (I think not tried it yet), you also cant just put them wherever you want to help around the base, that is only alchemists can be set to you caldron etc.

So far I have a Dancer set beside my Shrine.

One guard beside my loot crates (only a Lv. 1 but I gave her better armour)

And a Lv. 2 alchemist on my caldron which opens up new brewing options including a firebomb.

There are 3 levels of Thralls for you to find. with apparently many "special" ones opening up unique armour and weapons to.

Andrew Sullivan

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm

:!: had a brainwave....or maybe a seizure not sure but I decided to see just how far I can push the build anywhere remit the game offers...

I've now built walkways up to a higher level in the middle that avoids pack of troublesome Hyena and the bridge on the left will lead straight to another village to raid.

Next a walkway up the right face.

Also added my first Archer Lv.3, it was a tough fight subduing her but with her added i'm now up to 4 Thralls, not sure if there a limit but I will find out :twisted:

Andrew Sullivan

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Wed May 23, 2018 7:15 pm

This is the most I've ever seen you get into a game.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed May 23, 2018 7:20 pm

:| yeah starting to get concerned....I find myself wanting to grind when I wake up at 4am rather than turn over for another hour...this is why I've never played Minecraft.

Andrew Sullivan

big mean bunny

Post by big mean bunny » Thu May 24, 2018 6:06 am

Is State of Decay 2 considered survivial?
Episode 14 now out 14th of Sept - Sega Mega drive £25 games challenge

Invert Y gaming podcast - the only way to play, news, chat and challenges, by gamers, for gamers.

http://invertypodcast.podomatic.com or Invert Y on iTunes