Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Re: Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Nevermind, turns out you're supposed to use the hammer axe.

I give DmC a hard rap but it's kind of amazing how much a rethink can change a game. Changing Angel Dodge so it's three dashes like trickster and making demon dodge weaker adds a layer of thought to that mechanic that simply didn't exist in the original.

I think also that last fight is maybe better than I gave it credit for before. The last phase with the doppelganger is awful and turns into an attack spam off camera all the time but during the rest of the fight there's a lot of windows to parry and stuff that makes the fight as a whole interesting even if not reaching the heights of Nelo in 1 or Vergil in 3.

One thing I'd wish they'd change is up the damage of rebellion in the final fight and decrease the hammer damage. It's still very unbalanced there and hitting Vergil with a hammer just feels weird. It's also a really buggy version of the game as well. That turbo mode bug was weird. Turns out skipping the cutscenes prevents it. But the same bug happens on lota of different areas.

On to Dante Must Die.
🌚

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Re: Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I'm really bad at DMC4, it's maybe one of my least played in the series. But this happened by accident just now and it made me lol and :o
https://youtu.be/Yti2Lhs6WlE

I wish I had a better grasp of the game's mechanics so I could do cool shit like that more regular
🌚