Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
One-armed dwarf

Re: Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 pm

On mission 7 now

Playing DMD mode has kind of affirmed thaty earlier playthrough was a momentary blip of madness cause actually this game is still brilliant even if aged. It's just you don't get to see what the game really is until you get all your styles levelled up and find a real challenge on the proper difficulties

Agni & rudra has a butt camera but it's a proper good technically demanding and intense fight. The kind that only DMC can do. The kind sorely lacking and impossible for DmC to manage and not possible in Bayonetta either and why I've missed this series so much. It feels like a single player fighting game at times with the royal guard blocks and counters and stuff. Hopefully they keep the timing for that stuff tight in DMCV.

Hmm Dmc5 better not suck.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:23 am

My internet got fixed, I got my DMD fights with Agni/Rudra uploaded

Royal guard is the best style, anything which is like 'cancel damage with really right timings' is a thing I love in games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2hwNwCSD8c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATl6-_JSpbo

Except riposte in Dark Souls, I find that one really weird to pull off
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:56 pm

They showed a bunch of stuff to do with Nero's 'Devil Breaker' system at PAX.

There's a funny bit in the PAX stream where the producer Matt started trying to describe the 'Tomboy' devil breaker and what the term 'tomboy' means but hory shit the amount of eggshells he had to avoid trying to describe what used to be a pretty innocuous term :o

It was funny and awkward. I don't know how to find the stream but I guess "twitch pax" shows it up, but they only talked about Nero's arms really so it's not a big blowout as such.

The whole stream was pure cringe but some of the arm powers look cool I guess but honestly the stuff where Nero is all Gears of War looking and aiming over the shoulder is really strange and not something I really plan on using. There's one where he hacks over and over at an enemy with a drill that looks kind of dumb and not DMC-ish, maybe more DmC-ish. But then these are powers that you use up, not like core moves or anything which looks as slick as it's ever been.

This thread has the stuff and things in it https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/10 ... 2859522048

edit here's the panel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR76bc06zE4

And here's the toe-curling awkward part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8KWc6m ... be&t=4m52s
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:44 pm

There's new story spoilers out from testers. Pretty major ones, one in particular that's makes me really happy and excited and that's all Imma going to say.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 pm

omg, came so close to no-item beating Vergil 2 just now on DMD :o

But bottled it when I realised I might actually win, I lost my motivation :(

https://youtu.be/p_bde4Zkph4

First time I've ever did those air royal guard blocks spontaneously, makes me feel like Neo but I wasn't ready for this awesome power and got nervous.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Wow that was a really awesome fight. What is that light shield that you use I don’t remember that

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm

That is the royal guard style, all the blocks with the white flash and *ping* sound are if you press circle at the right fraction of a second. You can do it in the air also (which is slightly easier cause of jump iframe)

When the glass smash effect happens and Dante staggers it's cause you fucked up so it's got that risk/reward factor. The yellow one is slower and can absorb health from weak attacks but breaks easily.

RG is a cool style cause it makes everything more fighting game ish, also Vergil fights are the best for that type of stuff. But it's hard to get used to cause it is tight with the timings and stuff.

Man I hope we get a rematch in 5 I might just tear up if it happens. 😭

edit: had to give up, had one more decent run of it but after an age trying I'm just getting shittier at the fight and my hand is barely a hand anymore it's so cramped up lol

One of the best boss designs in games I think, the way they give you the power to create all these cool action scenes by your own control and not by a cutscene, which is where DmC messed up cause it felt so scripted and cut-sceney. But least that one didn't cause arthritis to your hands :cry:

My plan for the playthrough is to go no-items for everything but Geyron (the horse in the arena, cause that fight sucks) and Arkham (because it's one of the worst fights in the series).

Wish that PS4 could capture 60fps video cause the fights look really choppy and hard to follow in 30fps recordings. Which goes to show why framerate is important for this kind of action, else it's just a clusterfuk
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:34 pm

omg what the fuk is this fuking bullshit :evil: :evil:

https://youtu.be/vkUdLZt7iRo

No this is not fair 😭😭😭😭

Edit
Surprise motherfucker 8) :lol:
https://youtu.be/nOLYqKRnmX0

Did not think this would be the run given just how hard the last phase of the fight is and just how many mistakes I made early on but **** I've had enough of that boss fight to last me a few years at least.

Did not get to do any cool air counters or anything tho, was a much more boring grindy run :(

Now it's pretty much plain sailing I think until the final boss. Just going to item cheese Arkham cause he's the worst but last boss will be mano a Mano like this one.

If this guy is in 5 I'm well primed to fuk his shit up royally after all that practice, but for now I need to put my hand in a bag of ice 😭🤕
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 am

This guy gets the first S-Rank on the DMC5 demo at PAX while producer Matt Walker and director Hideaki Itsuno watch on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8G0ZKSc-_A

Cannot imagine the pressure 😬😬

Also he's confirmed now that the air-guitar taunt is back in

Will this demo be at Paris Games Week I wonder, Paris isn't far from London 🤔🤔
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Finally got my DMD trophy for DMC3. This is easily my scrubbiest performance against a boss in this game, I had to throw in the towel and use a gold orb cause I was after spending a solid week fighting this guy and it's just too difficult without items for me right now. It's the hardest boss in the series on the hardest difficulty in the hardest Devil May Cry game. Phase 1 is a doddle once you know the tricks, how to break Vergil out of Devil Trigger and how to guard his attacks but there's so much stuff going on in the second phase that I can't easily handle. Attacks where he straight up fuks off out the room and heals himself with Devil Trigger and helm breaks you for eternity, or cuts the shit out of you while he hides somewhere.

He can also parry/block your 'just release', the energy you save up with Royal Guard to release in an attack. It takes an eternity to build up and is a big part of that style's repoertoire. He can even i-frame through it the fucker :evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4xli1URnI

It's far from my favourite boss fight as the camera here is really rubbish. If you are in the air then you can't see Vergil at all. When Vergil teleports the camera sometimes fails to adjust, there's a lot wrong here with the space you are fighting him in. Compared to the second fight, which is a massive open space and the right shape to have a fight which involves chasing each other across the room. Vergil 3 is like being stuck in a tiny corridor where the camera is perched in a little too close and you have this dizzying water texture on the ground which makes your eyes swim and the music gets so loud you can't hear Vergil's audio tells.

Vergil 3 is still a great climactic fight but these technical flaws bring it down. If you could turn the music off it might be a bit more manageable. I really hate the music tbh, give me Vergil 2 anyday

Maybe some other time I'll no-item this guy.

Anyway now it's basically a home run for the rest of the DMC3 trophies so I'll have that plat at least albeit a very dishonorable one, I should sudoku myself after this abysmal display. Then onto DMC2... :cry: :(

Spiderman will be a good palette cleanser.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:12 pm

A Devil May Cry fan is dying from bone cancer and is asking the internet to help him with his dying wish to play DMC5 and Smash Ultimate

https://old.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/co ... dden_with/

Aw man :(

Edit: unrelated to above but

:cry:
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm

DMC3 platted, but overwrote loads of Dante progress due to the stupid way Vergil and him have separate files for progress. Not a massive deal and still have an older save to fuk around with, but that's dumb that it's like that.

Whole reason I had multiple saves was on account of this shit happening accidentally, thankfully it just so happens right when I get the plat and not after making massive progress somewhere else.

This was a grindy trophy. Difficulties don't stack and you have to do stupidly easy modes just to get the trophies for them. It's why I only have two plats, lots of games don't really have good trophies or they are all about collectables (gave up on platting ACII after that feather shenanigans but I got really close)

Now time for the best DMC, DMC2. Platting this will be even more fun.

On September 22 and 23 (Saturday and Sunday) they will be showing off DMC5 stuff again. They're going to be showing off Dante at one of these.

https://ougaming.com/3/4784/capcom-s-tg ... d-with-re2

Also Resident Evil 2, Street Fighter and Megaman 11
September 22

10:00 to 10:10 – Opening
10:15 to 10:55 – Dragon’s Dogma Online Special Stage - The latest information on Dragon’s Dogma Online. Featuring producer Minae Matsukawa, director Kento Kinoshita, and guest Takuya Eguchi (voice actor).
10:55 to 11:10 – Dragon’s Dogma Online Studio Interview
11:15 to 12:00 – Mega Man 11 Special Stage – Live gameplay of the Mega Man 11 game systems, a new boss, and a new stage. Featuring producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya, Ucchi, and guest Katsuyuki Konishi (voice actor).
12:00 to 12:15 – Mega Man 11 Studio Talk and Booth Introduction
12:25 to 13:15 – Devil May Cry 5 Special Stage – The latest information on Devil May Cry 5, including the announcement of the game’s Japanese voice actors. Featuring producer Michi Okabe, producer Matthew Walker, director Hideaki Itsuno, and special guests.
13:15 to 13:30 – Devil May Cry 5 Studio Talk and Booth Introduction
13:45 to 14:30 – Resident Evil 2 Special Stage – The latest information on Resident Evil 2 and live gameplay aplenty. Featuring producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and producer Tsuyoshi Kanda.
14:30 to 14:45 – Resident Evil 2 Studio Talk and Booth Introduction
16:00 to 16:40 – Ace Attorney Series Special Courtroom 2018 – The latest information on the Ace Attorney series fans won’t want to miss. Featuring producer Motohide Eshiro and director Shinsuke Kodama.
16:40 to 17:00 – Studio Interview and End Talk

September 23

10:00 to 10:10 – Opening
10:15 to 12:45 – Monster Hunter: World Dream Match in Tokyo Game Show 2018 – Featuring producer Ryozo Tsujimoto, executive director and art director Kaname Fujioka, and director Yuuya Tokuda.
13:00 to 13:10 – Live Program Opening
13:10 to 13:50 – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Special Stage – An introduction to Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and related information. Featuring producer Shuuhei Matsumoto, promotion producer Tomoaki Ayano, and guests No Motion (Tomoyuki Yano and Kotetsu Hoshino).
13:50 to 14:00 – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Studio Interview
14:05 to 14:35 – Mega Man 11 Special Stage – Featuring producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya, Ucchi, and producer Daizo Nonaka.
14:35 to 14:40 – Mega Man 11 Studio Interview
14:50 to 15:35 – Resident Evil 2 Special Stage (not live streamed) – Featuring producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and producer Tsuyoshi Kanda.
15:00 to 15:45 – Capcom TV! TGS 2018 Special
15:55 to 16:45 – Devil May Cry 5 Special Stage – Featuring producer Michi Okabe, producer Matthew Walker, director Hideaki Itsuno, and special guests.
16:45 to 17:00 – End Talk
They've said before that he will be closer to 3 Dante than 4, whatever that means. I think it probably means he will be less complicated. Will be interesting to see and read the reactions. Any backtracking on the complexity of 4 Dante is going to have some major online backlash I think but I much prefer 3 Dante. To the point I'm not even bothering playing his level in 4 before 5 comes out.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Dante's battle theme just got uploaded on DevilMayCry youtube

https://youtu.be/x3eW_ZKT_FI

Last 5 minutes it got put up.

I must go now to a quiet place and do a first listen to the track that'll be all I hear for hundreds of hours playing this game for the next 5 years.

I guess a Dante trailer is imminent as well
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:09 pm

oh my god its awful
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:41 pm

It’ll grow on you over the next 5 years, I’m sure