Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: Devil May Cry V |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 am

That is nothing like Dante

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 am

You can tell its Dante in my Mind, Dont mind him looking slightly different, my Issue with DmC Dante was attitude.
He just didn't come over as the cocky Bad-ass he should be.

Hopefully this game will fix that, Regardless an older more Rough Dante could be pretty Cool.
Curious who the 3rd Playable character will be.

Really not sure on the music though, really does not sound very Devil May Cry.

Still Excited for the game though.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:59 am

There are rumblings that they will take some stuff from Dragon's Dogma and put it in this which could be a good way to finally break free of the shackles of the Resident Evil exploration stuff.

Roam around a larger less linear but not open world area with hubs. Would much enjoy.

DD has some great stuff in it, even has some DMC moves.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Re: Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Pat and Woolie with the best reactions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rfBRccwRI&t=4150s

Guy on right == my emotions when seeing it
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Imagine how good it would of been if you didn’t know about it before hand

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 pm

You are becoming Blakey with spoilers.

I did not know this would be announced, I just suspected it would be.

Also it has everything in that trailer I could possibly want a DMC5 to have, so how can you predict that?
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Predicting and surprise are like counters, I think

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Also this got posted in November

We can't have moratoriums that long that's crazy
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:56 pm

All right if it showed up in November that’s fair. I thought it was this week.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Due to Nero hype I'm doing a Legendary Dark Knight playthrough on DMC4.

I haven't done it ever before and it's really crazy, I don't play so well. Long time since I played DMC4 cause it's sort of not one of my favourites. Possibly even my least favourite. But sometimes at certain points it just manages to be awesome.

https://youtu.be/VopHj3UlRyA
https://youtu.be/jDLaeDNDrfs

These captures are at 30fps, but the game itself sticks to 60 and never drops. Power of MT framework. DMC dead rising style.

They definitely won't have this in the console version of DMCV. Maybe PC. Maybe Xbox X can do it's who knows.

Will be nice to have a proper camera system for once also.

Nero has best taunts

Edit: I found DMCV gameplay https://youtu.be/jyLsYii7wOE
🌚

DifferentClass

Post by DifferentClass » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:48 pm

If DMCV doesn't shoot for 60fps I'll be very surprised. It was only the initial release of DmC that wasn't and all the others were. DMC4 was still a pretty game during its release and mostly hit 60.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Sorry I didn't mean it wouldn't hit 60fps (they said it will). I meant that they couldn't have the enemy count in the video I did. I'd like to be wrong

Legendary Dark Knight mode is Hard Mode of DMC with Dead Rising level of enemy numbers
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 am

More I think on it more I think this will go down a Force Awakens route and develop the young blood of DMC a bit better and sort of pass the torch on a bit.

They were trying to do an Obi Wan Kenobi thing with Dante in DMC4 but it didn't work super well. But now Dante is this super grungy old man and Nero has the snark of Dante but modernised and less snivelly than in 4 so it could click really well. Also old-new-old Dante is such a post mid-life crisis version of him that acknowledges how out of touch the style of that character is but embraces the stupidity of it. Least that's what I extrapolated from that little tease at the end.

This is what Devil May Cry needs. Dante peaked at DMC1. DMC3 only worked cause it was such a different spin on the character from an earlier point in his life. The idea behind the reboot was fine but it was too big a departure and reinterpreting old characters and tracing the outlines of the original story was never that interesting unless they do some wild spin on it, which they did not. For the old series there's nowhere to go after killing the Prince of Darkness himself and they have already done Dante v Vergil (which is why seeing all that again in DmC was boring).

But they haven't done Nero v Vergil and the relationship there could be a lot more interesting cause Vergil is his father. That character is a blank slate almost. They just need to jettison that Kyrie crying stuff or whatever DMC4's JRPG plot was. Can't remember it all cause I always skip the cutscenes in it since my original playthrough.

Question is is Vergil still a villain at this point.

I've been watching a bit of DMCV gameplay and all the animation timings for Nero's attacks look the same as in 4. Max Exceed is back in. It's got all the critical parts, they just need to implement some sort of style switch with the hands he equips so all the best Nero combat isn't locked purely behind learning Max Exceed.

For Dante he needs a serious rethink cause his style switching stuff was just too much in DMC4. He had like 100 attacks or something and none of them felt 'at hand' with the way Nero does, or even DmC Dante for that matter.

I think the perfect DMC will have DmC's easy access of more advanced combat options but without the limited skill ceiling of that game. Bayonetta has changed the rules of the genre in that respect, it's not just this bastion of high-skill players only. It's fine to give a leg up but even better if the possibilities feel endless once you're into it.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm on mission 10 of DMC4 on LDK mode. If I recall this is where the tag-in happens or somewhere around this.

Returning to this after so much time reminds me of how conflicted I am on it. Sometimes I think it's the worst game in the series. For the tone and direction of its story, the lack of any real innovation (especially with Dante's moveset), the dated Resident Evil exploration and of course the legendarily awful structure of the game itself.

But you know there is some stuff in this game which is still really really cool. The enemy design is well above DMC3 and it does have some cool boss fights (a thing it's got over DmC). Nero is such a fun character to play.

Also the enemy count in this mode is really mad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uveGfzTRL98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG0JjASu_CY

Like it just sort of breaks the camera. It's not meant for this kind of thing.

Nero needs some new movement options in DMCV, I keep having to use this awkward 'calibur' move where you push back and forward on the stick to flash forward with an attack. But the camera is so wild (especially when you can't see Nero behind 40 enemies) that it's really hard to work out your orientation for those position based attacks with the R1 button.
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Nero's new battle theme topped the rock charts of UK iTunes this week https://www.resetera.com/threads/ali-ed ... rts.48744/

lol that's great.

We a thirsty fanbase.
🌚