Monster Hunter World.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
DifferentClass

Re: Monster Hunter World.

Post by DifferentClass » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm

I think since Maf may be starting this soon I am going to use it as an opportunity to say DON'T TRIP YOUR TEAMMATES!

It may not matter a whole lot for a large portion of the game, and I know accidents happen. Basically, some weapons have moves that can knock your teammates out of their combos if you make contact with them. But I feel like even at high-level people flail their way in not considering the others around them. When it comes to Tempered versions of high difficulty monsters then that can be a matter of success or failure.

I'm having more problems with Tempered Deviljho than I feel I should while playing with randos. When I fight Deviljho the weapon I have the most success with is the Hammer. It's a large blunt weapon that as well as being pretty high damage can also make the monster dizzy (making it attack at nothing) and knock it down with repeated blows to the head. It's useful. But the number of times I can't do this because some damn Gun Lance user comes up behind me and knocks me out of my big combo to poke it a few times is staggering.
You see a Hammer user wailing on its face? let them be. I spent a lot of time as a Long Sword user and I was rarely at the front of a monster. I was chopping its legs and tail.

With the more difficult fights, you need to do optimal damage and getting in each others' way is a good way to fail at that. It also means miscalculations could happen when you try to start up another shorter combo and get rekt before you can finish it.

So I guess I'm just saying it's good to learn where you should be in relation to the monster and your teammates.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Good tip.

But Maf ain't gonna get that far 8)

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Monster Hunter: World Goes Full Bloom With Street Fighter V Sakura Collab Event On May 4

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/20/mo ... -on-may-4/
Treating men and women the same makes them different, and treating them differently makes them the same.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Shipments and Digital Sales for Monster Hunter: World Edge Towards 8 Million

Sales for Monster Hunter: World may have slowed down recently, but Capcom has updated the official figure to 7.9 million -- a further 400,000 copies since March.

This news comes alongside the publisher's financials for the last fiscal year, and it shows a company in good health. Net sales were up year on year by 8.4%, and profits were up by 17.5%. Capcom forecasts even more growth over the next financial year, too.

In case you were wondering how Monster Hunter: World stacks up against Capcom's other best sellers, here's the top 10:
1.Monster Hunter: World - 7.9 million
2.Resident Evil 5 - 7.5 million
3.Resident Evil 6 - 7.1 million
4.Street Fighter II - 6.3 million
5.Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - 5.1 million
6.Resident Evil 2 - 4.96 million
7.Monster Hunter Freedom 3 - 4.9 million
8.Monster Hunter Generations - 4.3 million
9.Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 4.2 million
10.Monster Hunter 4 - 4.1 million

And...

Gears of War Developer Rod Fergusson Wants the Brumak Added to Monster Hunter: World

https://www.dualshockers.com/gears-war- ... ter-world/
Treating men and women the same makes them different, and treating them differently makes them the same.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Wed May 09, 2018 9:10 am

If it's not ridden by Marcus and Dom I'm not interested.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat May 12, 2018 6:21 pm

In honor of the Monster Hunter Championship Hiroshima qualifier, people are getting 26 Armor Spheres. That comes out to 1 Heavy Armor Sphere, 3 Hard Armor Spheres, 5 Advanced Armor Spheres, 7 Armor Sphere + items and 10 standard Armor Spheres. These can be used to upgrade your armor at the Blacksmith.

In addition, the official event calendar for Monster Hunter: World has been updated. People can see when current Challenge Quests and Event Quests

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat May 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Monster Hunter: World’s Kulve Taroth Siege Returns, All Hunters Get Free Scales Pack

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/25/mo ... sIeBpzO.99

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 am

Monster Hunter: World Gets New Lunastra Event Quest And Free Potion Pack For All Hunters

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/01/mo ... uxpUEvd.99

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:55 am

Monster Hunter World Gets Free Bomb Pack and Gold Wyverian Print; Event Quest Schedule Updated

https://www.dualshockers.com/monster-hu ... bomb-pack/

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Monster Hunter: World | Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration | PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k36okOhNaSs

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Monster Hunter: World Summer Twilight Fest Starts On July 13 With Plenty Of Bonuses

Capcom announced that the Summer Twilight Fest is soon underway at the Celestial Pursuit, and the event will start on July 13 with a bunch of quests, daily login bonus, limited bounties, and more surprises.

Similar to the Spring Blossom Festival back in April, the Summer Twilight Festival will come with a decorated Gathering Hall with NPCs found in summer-themed outfits. Your Poogie and the Handler will also come with special costumes to match the event.

And like the previous event, all previously released Event Quests will be available, including exclusive Summer Twilight Fest quests. It’ll also come with a daily login bonus and limited bounties, and other special surprises that have yet to be revealed.

The Summer Twilight Fest starts on July 13 at 9:00am JST and ends on July 27, 2018 at 8:59am JST. More information on the event will be

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Monster Hunter Is Getting A 3D Animated Special Set To Premiere Globally In 2019

Capcom will be teaming up with Pure Imagination Studios, the independent micro-studio that has worked on various projects on multiple platforms for clients including DreamWorks, FOX, LEGO, Marvel Entertainment, Merlin, Rovio, Six Flags, Warner Bros., and more.

Both companies will produce and co-finance the special, with Pure Imagination Studios overseeing domestic and international sales. The special is written by Joshua Fine, who worked on Ultimate Spider-Man. Monster Hunter: Legend of the Guild tells the story of a brave young man determined to prove himself as a monster hunter worthy of recognition; however, his chance arrives all too soon when he discovers that his remote village lies in the path of an Elder Dragon—a veritable force of nature made flesh.

Here’s a quote from Monster Hunter series’ Executive Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto:

“We are thrilled to return fans to the universe of “Monster Hunter” and expand the series’ rich lore. We think die-hard fans will appreciate our dedication to the source material while those uninitiated to the series will still be treated to an epic adventure in a wholly unique world.”

Pure Imagination’s Chief Content Officer, John P. Roberts, also commented:

“At Pure Imagination, we focus on building content driven eco-systems and experiences that can live across multiple platforms of engagement. With Monster Hunter, our talented and diverse group of animators, storytellers and producers, who have created content for LEGO, Marvel and Star Wars, are collaborating with Capcom to create a powerful and engaging story universe to serve its enormous global fanbase.”

Monster Hunter: Legends of The Guild premieres worldwide in 2019. Production for the special is expected to be completed this winter.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Monster Hunter: World became available for pre-order on Tencent’s WeGame platform on July 10, 2018, and the WeGame page was also the source of the leak for the game’s PC version requirements. Tencent announced over the weekend that in just under two weeks, the game has reached one million pre-orders. [Thanks, VGTime!]

WeGame preorders don’t cost money, and only charges players when the game officially releases, which is most likely part of how the game got to that number so quickly. Another likely reason is that this is the first time a mainline game has officially come to PC in Simplified Chinese. (Monster Hunter Frontier and Monster Hunter Online have gotten Chinese releases, but are not part of the mainline series)

It is interesting to note that the Monster Hunter series has actually quite the fan following in mainland China, especially with the Portable subseries on PSP. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd in particular had a full Chinese fan translation patch up one week after the release date in Japan.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Are people done with Momster Hunter for this year or is anyone getting Monster Hunter Generations Uktimate that is coming out on Switch in September?

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:02 pm

You fucked about and missed one of the best games of this year.

I'll probably go back to it once all the free content has dropped, hopefully use my big dick energy to pull a few people in with me.