Retro Gaming : Featuring : Plug N' Play.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
sleepery jeem

Re: Retro Gaming : Featuring : Plug N' Play.

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:26 am

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Will Get 10 Free DLC Games

NIS America had some good news for people planning to pick up the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection for the Nintendo Switch. At PAX West 2018, the company revealed that there will be 10 more games added to the compilation after launch. These extra titles will all be free DLC.

All of the 10 extra SNK 40th Anniversary Collection games will pre-date the NeoGeo era. Only five of them were revealed during the PAX West 2018 panel.

•Chopper I
•Fantasy
•Munch Mobile
•Sasuke vs. Commander
•Time Soldiers

This is in addition to games already confirmed for the collection, like Alpha Mission, Crystalis, Ikari Warriors, Prehistoric Isle, and Psycho Soldier.

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection will come to the Nintendo Switch in North America on November 13, 2018 and Europe on November 16, 2018.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 pm

The NeoGeo Mini Console up at Amazon for pre-order for £129.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H472N6H/?tag=22

Product Description
The original and arguably greatest arcade console is back! To celebrate 40 years of gaming, SNK are proud to present the NEOGEO Mini, a portable arcade console with 40 classic NEOGEO games from legendary franchises such as King of Fighters, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury and many more. Featuring a 3.5 inch display and classic arcade stick controls, the NEOGEO mini delivers an authentic arcade experience in the palm of your hand. Measuring at 152mm x 135mm x 108mm, connect the NEOGEO to any portable power bank using the included type C cable and enjoy portable arcade quality gaming on the go. Once home, you can continue the action on your big screen. NEOGEO features HDMI output (HDMI Cable not included) to allow you to connect your console to your TV or monitor. You can even connect up to two additional controllers (sold separately) to enjoy home console style multiplayer action. NEOGEO - the legacy lives on.

Featured Games:

Action Games:
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
King of the Monsters
King of the Monsters 2
Sengoku 3
Magician Lord
Blue's Journey
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
Robo Army
Crossed Swords
Mutation Nation
3 Count Bout

Fighting Games:

King of Fighters 95
King of Fighters 97
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 2000
King of Fighters 2002
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Garou: Mark of the Wolve
sSamurai Showdown II
Samurai Showdown IV
Samurai Showdown V Special
Last Blade 2
World Heroes Perfect
Kizuna Encounter
Ninja Masters

Sports Games:

Top Players Golf
Super Sidekicks
Football Frenzy

Shooting Games:

Blazing Star
Last Resort
Ghost Pilots

Puzzle Games:

Puzzled.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Yeah they released a new trailer for the NGM as well....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWwoghgG1Tw

Found this hands on as well...

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker ... -imperfect
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:03 am

Intellivision Entertainment to Fully Unveil New Console at Portland Retro Gaming Expo

The new Intellivision console will now be unveiled at Portland Retro Gaming Expo on October 20. For those of you who aren’t aware, this is one of the most popular retro gaming conventions in the United States that runs from October 19 until October 21, and probably one of most fitting events they could’ve chosen to reveal more at.

We should also expect a ton of information about this new console to drop during this keynote. Intellivision will unveil the name, branding, hardware specifications, online features, controller, development tools, price, and release date for the console during the event. They also plan on releasing some 3D renders of the console and controller so people can get a better idea of what to expect.

When it comes to games, they will also be discussing launch titles, the developers and publishers they have partnered with, and all of the game licenses they plan on utilizing. Outside of the main keynote, Intellivision Entertainment will also be holding a Blue Sky Rangers panel where the management team for the old Intellivision console will discuss their experiences and a talk with company President Tommy Tallarico about audio creation in retro games.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Videogame Pioneers 1. Nolan Bushnell (Atari)

Consoletronix : Part one of a new series in which i take a look at some of the pioneers of video games and we begin with one of its most important contributors, Nolan bushnell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj2NhErplM

Enjoyed that.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:10 am

Action platformer Astalon: Tears of the Earth coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk_QIdmS11Y

Three explorers wander through a post-apocalyptic desert to find a way to save the people in their village. A dark, twisted tower has been pushed up from the depths of the Earth… but does it hold the answers they seek?

Astalon: Tears Of The Earth is LABSworks’ love letter to the games of the 80s, but what may seem like a simple action platformer has several surprises under the hood!

Use the unique skills and personalities of three different characters to explore an evil tower. Defeat terrible monsters, find powerful items, and solve puzzles, reaching new heights in the tower with every attempt. Strengthen your party and change the rules by embracing death… and discover the countless secrets of the world of Astalon!

Key Features
•Beautifully detailed and authentic-looking pixel art, inspired by the 8-bit era of video games
•Character art by Ryusuke Mita, creator of the manga Dragon Half
•A chiptune soundtrack by video game music group KILLSCREEN
•Hundreds of rooms – countless hours of challenging exploration await you!
•Collect a variety of magical items that will bestow your three characters with new abilities

:| so retro it cant go anywhere else but here.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:11 am

Sega has delayed the Sega Fes 2018-announced Mega Drive Mini (name tentative) to 2019.

According to the company, while the device was in development for release in 2018, the response to its announcement was particularly big overseas, and a Genesis model for North America and Mega Drive model for Europe are now in preparation with plans for a simultaneous worldwide release.

Also, in order to Sega achieve a level of quality that Sega fans expect, Sega has established a system to rethink the design of the device with the original team at its core, as well as cooperate with Japanese developers proven in software development.

Chinese UN Mission.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 am

Sony announced a PS Classic. 20 games. Games confirmed so far are Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms

There are no analog sticks on the controllers though. Also isn't Jumping Flash fucking dogshit.
🌚

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:35 pm

One-armed dwarf wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 am
Sony announced a PS Classic. 20 games. Games confirmed so far are Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms

There are no analog sticks on the controllers though. Also isn't Jumping Flash fucking dogshit.

:roll: see what I miss spending a day in hospital :roll:

More on This...

YT vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTYnNZRJscQ

The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring the same controllers and similar packaging.

Each unit will also come with an HDMI cable to connect to your TV, alongside two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles. PlayStation Classic will be available for €99.99 (RRP) on 3rd December, 2018 – a historic date for all of us at PlayStation.

:| £90....ouch, given I've still got both FF7 and Wild Arms I gonna need to see more to convince me.

Chinese UN Mission.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Hope all is well Jeem, or as well as can be.

You can get a Vita TV for far less and it can download PS1 games and has wireless controllers, this is definitely one of those 'put on the shelf and use once' type deals like SNES mini
🌚

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:03 am

I've still got my PS1 and give it a play every once in a while. What I do find is though is that the older games, which use the dpad rather than analogue sticks, are real thumb shredders after a few hours.

So, unless they're going to put some of the niche/hard to find games on there, Vandal Hearts, Suidoken etc, then I won't be buying.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:25 pm

:mrgreen: got both Vandal Hearts :mrgreen:

But yeah agree with you on the pads, years of sticks have made our thumbs soft.

Chinese UN Mission.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Is the PlayStation just a really good looking machine or is that the nostalgia talking

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:19 pm

It's uggo

PS2 looks nice especially skinny one.

I enjoy how beastly the fat PS3 looked until you got fingerprints on it.

All PS4 is uggo.

360 looks nice.

Xbone I haven't even ever seen one.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Yeah. That model is very plasticky and industrial. But it has the memories. The PSOne, though. That thing is beautiful.

The Xbox One is actually not a good looking machine. The Xbox One X is a massive improvement but I think the white Xbox One S is the best of the bunch