Destiny 2 |OT| Lance Reddick Simulator 2017

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: Destiny 2 |OT| Lance Reddick Simulator 2017

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Well I did PvP because it was a quick way to grind gear so I could continue the story, so I just did the quest stuff while I was there because why not? And it worked I’m now 487 and tracking down those guys in the new zone

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Quickplay will give you gear just as well and you won't get bummed as much. That's all. Investing in a quest I don't see you persisting in so thought I'd give you a heads up. Playing ranked competitive in any FPS will be tough if you aren't a regular PvPer.

Otherwise carry on 👍

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 pm

So yesterday I beat the new Destiny campaign which was pretty decent and have now hit the grind for equipment portion of the game. It used to be you logged in once a week did the weekly objectives that took about 3-4 hours for equipment and that was it. That is now the same but they have also retooled it a little bit where there appears to be daily challenges as well, but also they’ve put higher emphasis on bounties for powerful gear.

Bounties are like a mix of generic quests and challenges. You go to an NPC and they will have either “Go get X amount of kills here/using this/in this mode” or “Go kill this guy for me”. And I think if you’re a hardcore Destiny player this is probably a smart decision because it keeps people playing daily, it gives them more to do. But to me this is a massive undertaking that I don’t have the patience for.

Firstly because you have to fight through all kinds of loading screens to get to the NPC’s but also they all seem to have a mix of easy and difficult ones. So I need to do twenty of them so I’m flying to one planet, doing a couple easy ones. Flying to the next planet, etc, etc.

I didn’t even get off the first planet it was like “Get twenty grenade kills” I got 6 and gave up.

Unless there is a super efficient way of doing this I’m not sure I can stomach it. I’m all right doing the simple objectives like play 5 multiplayer matches and play 3 strikes and yada, yada. But any more than that is a big ask.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Take it from an MMO burnout, don't do daily gear treadmill shite. It's a time vampire with little payoff.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:13 pm

This will sound odd and I can’t explain it but Destiny 2 feels like the most modern game ever. And I don’t mean good, but like. I don’t want to say I feel younger when I play it, but I feel like I’m playing a game that younger people play I gues and I can’t really describe it but it’s nice sometimes. Like, oh, I’m not completely out of touch with everything else. Just mostly

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:22 pm

🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:25 pm

That’s me on the wall

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:42 pm

I fucking hate the multiplayer in this game. On average my K/D is 1.5 or higher in quick play, with every now and then just having and off match and getting my shit pushed in. And yet I’m always on the losing team. I would love to know my total K/D bs total W/L

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:58 pm

https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/psn/Maf-me-quick

Hmmm 🤔 a lot of red there. My prognosis is; you suck 😝

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:16 pm

I mean, yeah. Like I’m bad at PvP for sure, but the last few times I’ve done PvP I feel like I’ve done really well and yet the team I’m on always gets fucking trounced. The highest I’ve got on this 5 win streak since the expansion is 2.

The first game I played today it ended with one of those “We’re breaking up the match to find better suited teams”

Yuck I hate the PvP in this.

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:38 pm

I used to hate that "We're breaking up the matchmaking to find a better team" thing. Aye, it never did that when I was getting my arse fucked. I could play 10 games and I'd be still put against the same team to get my ring split. As soon as I'm balls deep in another team it's throwing down a mercy rule and finding someone else to **** me. Otherwise just keep letting the other team cumming in my ass and on my face, because **** me, right?

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Pious quick give me that Homer gif
🌚

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:55 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:16 pm
I mean, yeah. Like I’m bad at PvP for sure, but the last few times I’ve done PvP I feel like I’ve done really well and yet the team I’m on always gets fucking trounced. The highest I’ve got on this 5 win streak since the expansion is 2.

The first game I played today it ended with one of those “We’re breaking up the match to find better suited teams”

Yuck I hate the PvP in this.
I'm messing.

But yeah it's harsh on your own. Unless your good enough to carry a bit being on your own your left pairing with the dribs n drabs.

I don't mind Quickplay as I tend to do alright. Skill based match making isn't as strong there so you're going to get a mixed bag. Some you stomp, some you get stomped. Competitive will actively **** you tho. All sweaty games in there.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Will you help me do gambit matches this week? I’ve never done them and I’m only 511.

EDIT: Also Iron Banner stuff.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm

No :P