Gaming chair - scam or real thing?

Your chance to get your questions answered by the people in the know...
therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Re: Gaming chair - scam or real thing?

Post by therealjaxon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:31 am

Not bad chairs actually :)
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:06 pm

I think I am going to get one so I don't have to put up with my current one falling apart. There is a review video on YouTube of a fat guy sitting on one so I will check that out first.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Fat guys = best testers :)

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:56 pm

I ended up ordering the chair. It only allowed me to have it delivered to my billing address and it forced me to pay an extra £5 for next day delivery since that was the only option, but at least that allowed me to control when it would arrive. I knew that I would be home all day on Wednesday and Thursday and it said that the delivery was next day if ordered before 1pm, so I deliberately ordered it after 1pm on Monday to give them that little bit of extra time. Even if they somehow failed to deliver on Wednesday then I would have Thursday to fall back on.

Of course by the end of Thursday it had still not arrived, but they did then send me an email to say that it was coming. I had to risk getting caught working from home to be in on Friday but it did not arrive then either. I couldn't go out for a walk this morning just in case they decided to deliver at the weekend. It now looks like I am going to need to take a chance on not going back into the office on Monday either.

I think I just need to accept that I can't have things delivered to my house. It's a real shame, but every single time I attempt to do it I end up with a huge mess.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Do you live on an island? Top of a mountain?

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:41 pm

There's a bit missing :evil:

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:20 am

Oh ffs! :x

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:16 pm

The fuckers got me again. They told me that the replacement part would be dispatched on Monday. I had to keep an ear out on Wednesday and Thursday, risk working from home on Friday and stay in the house all day today, ultimately for nothing. Assholes! :x

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:54 am

Buy a beanbag.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:56 pm

My missing bit eventually arrived. In all it took almost a month from me placing the order to me having a functional chair.

I definitely like it though. It has an awesome adjustable lumbar support cushion, plus a neck cushion that is also super comfy. Other than that it looks and feels good.

As to whether gaming chairs are a scam or not... well, it is still a chair. If you were expecting something revolutionary then it is not that, but then I don't feel that I paid too much more than I would for a bog standard office chair. Overall it has still exceeded my expectations due to the awesome cushions.

NotCreativeJake

Post by NotCreativeJake » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Yeah, gaming chairs are a real thing. Of course not all of them, some big name shops just use it to boost the sales as therealjaxon said. But if you know what to look for in a gaming chair it's pretty simple.

Gaming chairs are gaming chairs because they are made for gamers and as such they are expected, at the very least to hold well, function properly with heavy loads in it, be comfortable for long periods of use, be very comfortable and healthy in general (lumbar support, neck support cushions and ergonomic design). Also in most cases pc gaming chairs recline 90 degrees for sleeping and relaxing purposes. As the prices increase so does the overall quality and extra functions like 3D or 4D adjustable armrests, tilt function (so you can get yourself settled into a prefered position), little footrests on each of the legs etc. come to light.

There a whole lot of things to know about gaming chairs, but, yeah, they are the real deal.

This actually my cup of tea because I have recently started a very humble (I'll call it that) blog about gaming chairs. But I'd like to think I have enough info to get anyone off on the right foot as far as they go. If you'd like to go into details and see some recommendations on what the best gaming chairs right now are feel free to read up http://www.gamingchairsxp.com .

Fun fact: most of the high-end g-chairs are made with a real patented sports car seat that are made from breathable material and are very sturdy in general.

anon

Post by anon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 pm

ive been using a DXRacer gaming chair for a very long time now. I recommend it. It is the most comfortable chair I have ever used.

anon

Post by anon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 pm

This site has loads of selection with decent prices http://pc4u.org/best-gaming-chairs/

AkselVerg

Post by AkselVerg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:33 am

:D I like the name of this post. What can I say, I'm certainly not a professional, but a gamer with a great experience.
When you sit at the front of PC for a few hours, the back begins to numb, hands, by the way, too, and if there are no comfortable armrests, it's generally a nightmare! Many now say - what a dilute, I'm sitting for hours at my work by the computer and nothing! So it is so, BUT! When you play action, you can not always be able to stop and change your position on the chair, especially if it is the online or massive player game, because if you are, for example, fighting, even a second of your turn will be worth you and your friends` life if it's a team game. Sometimes the battle lasts an hour or more. Therefore, comfort is above all, you would not have enough time to stretch the lumbar loins. In addition, check out a few streams from cyber-sportsmen. What are they sitting on? That's right - on special gaming chairs. Because the game chair for the player is not a whim, it is a necessity. I have a chair from Cherry Tree. (Approximately like this https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/best-gaming-chairs) I'm completely satisfied with it, its worth its money.

Summarizing, If you are an average player who just spends some time enjoying a nice solo game or with a team or friends, you don't need extra gaming chairs, but if you are a player who spends more than 5 hours at a computer in active battles - I advise you to think about the game chair, yes You can always be patient, but one should not forget about health, the spine is not a joke. How many of us, gamers, frankly have a good posture?) :o
P.S. Check wiki about posture, it is very... Motivates :twisted: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poor_posture)
P.P.S. TA, hope I`m not too boring.
Laptop: Asus G53SX, 3D Vision kit, Samsung EVO 250GB, HDD Seagate 50GB, GeForce 650m, Intel i7
Console: PS4 Slim white
Other: HP ENVY 5030