Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| Snow Raider

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:54 am

As usual your Mrs is right

Maryokutai

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Post by Maryokutai » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:37 am

maf-me-quick wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:54 am
As usual your Mrs is right
Indeed. By choosing regemond as her partner for his great taste in TR games.

maf-me-quick

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| Worse than TR 2013

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun May 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Me and Tressdoss played Co-op and it’s surprisingly decent? Like it’s actually quite fun. I am super reckless apparently and it cost us our 7 day survival achievements. But even then it was quite funny (if embarrassing)

Yeah. Now I see that the co-op achievements are totally doable it makes me want to go back in and get all of them now.

tresdoss

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| Snow Raider

Post by tresdoss » Sun May 06, 2018 1:38 pm

TBF I should've given fair warning about the poison arrows but yeah, look out for spike pits too :lol:

I think we've got a fair chance at rinsing those achievements. :wink:

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun May 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Man this Cold Darkness thing is really going to be the thing that pushes me, actually. This is terrible.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 am

Tresdoss do you have any tips for the score attack stuff? Should it be low difficulty with lots of multiplier cards or high difficulty with multiplier reducing cards? Any cheat combos?

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Mon May 07, 2018 4:40 pm

There's a way to look at the leaderboards of each challenge (can't remember the actual button, sorry) while looking at them you can use credits to buy their card set up's... as long as it has a high multiplier and includes unlimited poison arrows (for combat scenarios) you should be good.

It's also a good idea to try to work out what score you actually need to get for whatever multiplier you're using with a calculator.

Oh, and try to keep that bonus chain up by collecting the blue flames and shooting the red things.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Sheesh so I tried going for some of these score challenges today, and since Tresdoss was right and you can pick the same card multiplier set up as other people technically it makes this easy. Like if you need 100,000 points on a level, and you go to the leaderboards and find someone with 800,000 points, although you have to do is pick their set up and make sure you aren’t less than 8 times as good as them, which is a fairly easy standard to average. However it just takes so long. Or it feels like it takes so long. I’ve done 5 levels, I have 25 to go. And best I can tell there is a maximum of about 60g to get out of it.

Like. Yikes. As much as I know it isn’t worth it, I hate seeing games in my list that aren’t at 100%.

Maybe this will be something I do here and there. Like if I just do a few levels a day then in a week it will be done.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Man, trying to do these puzzle rooms under time attack is the absolute worst and makes me want to throttle someone. Lara is super fucking slow, doing the procedures is so fucking slow, there are constantly timers ticking down everywhere

I might just do all the ‘action courses’ first and then use a YT guide to see how you actually do the puzzles because I don’t remember most of them

I really shouldn’t be doing this. I should be doing something I enjoy instead :evil:

tresdoss

Post by tresdoss » Fri May 18, 2018 12:42 am

Just run them first, don't even attempt to beat the scores... Get a lay of the level , where the multipliers are and that before trying for the score... You'll save yourself a lot of stress.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 am

I’m not sure if I said this before, and it’s probably me, but I find the aiming in this game to be so dramatically difficult. Like even standing still trying to shoot objects that are static is about 50% chance I hit, even if the target is quite big.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri May 18, 2018 1:58 pm

There's some input lag on Xbox. I never really noticed it but it's been confirmed by quite a few sources and never patched.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Maybe try performance mode. I have input lag in GoW at resolution mode but not performance
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Oh I can confirm that the input lag is real as fuk. But the aiming is weird as well, I think

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 18, 2018 3:24 pm

So I did it all, all levels all gold star. Achievement bugged. Tracking at only 93%. Looked around online and seems to be a rare but does happen kind of issue.

Sigh

I just why