Video Games +

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Sly Reflex

Re: Video Games +

Post by Sly Reflex » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:05 pm

I'll tell you what I remember of Bioshock 2. It was kind of bullshit but enjoyable. I lost the will to play it after a bug that filled up one of the rooms with water that glitched the game out and sent me hours back to a save I couldn't be arsed continuing from.

Also the multiplayer was done by a team that went on to do something else but I can't remember what, but it was maybe important.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Spyro the Dragon has a weird soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHkV2mULSlU?t=3540
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 pm

If you change a single string in the config file for Alien Colonial Marines on PC you can fix tons of problems with its AI

'Tether' is spelled 'teather' in it, causing extremely dumb aliens to be a thing.
🌚

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:54 pm

That's hilarious and weird. Fixing this seems like a three second affair so you can kind of clearly see how 'important' the project was for every party involved after they released it.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Is this the worst E3 demo ever? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTOOpFK ... u.be&t=52m

It probably isn't, but it's the worst I can think of for a big game like that.

Also this is actually a fair representation of what it feels to play this game in a lot of its big sequences
🌚

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:49 am

The illustrators of Golden Sun and Suikoden respectively passed away about a week ago: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/19/th ... ssed-away/

Couldn't find how old Kajiyama was but Fujita was only 47 and died from cancer.

Always liked Golden Sun's style. Haven't really played any Suikoden games with the exception of that weird DS spin-off Tierkreis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Aww, I bet Gremiofan is in mourning somewhere.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17006
Treating men and women the same makes them different, and treating them differently makes them the same.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Dark Souls 3 played with bananas

https://youtu.be/6HBxOS_qQMk

I'm feeling inspired. Can one hook an Arduino or Pi or whatever up to a PS4 and play BloodBorne with loafs of bread or is this really only doable on PC 🤔?
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Someone posted this before that they couldn't buy a game cause it was on PS+. Well apparently now the way it works is of you ever download the license to a ps+ game you will never be able to buy it digitally, even if you ask for the license to be removed or your plus expires https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/com ... ersion_of/
Even if your PS+ subscription expires you will continue to be prevented from purchasing either version of the game. Not the way it was in the past.

Even having a gamer support rep remove the game license from your library will not allow you to purchase either version of the game. Not the way it was in the past.

The implication of all this is that Sony may have radically changed its policies on the ability of gamers to purchase any version of a game once they have had the free PS+ version.

This might affect all past PS+ games or it might only affect free PS+ games released as free games after a certain date.

They might do something like this to try and force people to stay subscribed to PS+ in order to continue playing games they want to play, games they may have already invested large amounts of time in.

Soon after I got the free version of Bloodborne the complete version of the game went on sale for cheaper than the DLC alone but I could not buy it.

Then later my PS+ subscription ran out and the complete version of the game came on sale again but I still could not buy it.

I wasn’t able to buy the base version of the game either. Then I had the reps remove the game license from my library but I still could not buy it.

I was unable to buy other games I formerly had as free PS+ games during the time I had no PS+ subscription as well.

This is bad.
From now on I guess I won't be picking up plus downloads. Don't want my library to be held ransom behind a sub
🌚

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:30 am

Fucking hell that's idiotic.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:25 am

That's dumb.

That's got to be changed at some point surely.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:06 pm

In those circumstances just buy the game physically I’d say. Or use another account, mountain out a molehill comes to mind.

Think it’s a bit silly not picking up your PS+ games every month just because you may or may not want to buy them at some point in the future personally.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 pm

I don’t remember the last time I downloaded a PS+ game. Not even because of the licensing stuff but the last time they put something out which wasn’t bullshit was Bloodbourne, and I already played that, so

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Mole mountain or no I'm not much into subbing for stuff you lose access to. When it's something like games or music anyway, TV shows are different (watch once and done). Even if digital ownership is transient I much prefer it to renting forever and ever.

After a while it gets a little bit like

Ironically the only reason I got a plus sub is for Bloodborne and Dark Souls messages. I don't use it for anything else :(
🌚

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Also the guy that posted that thread deleted it so it sounds like it's just a bug with this particular game
🌚