The PS4 release schedule / Game announcment thread

For the latest happenings in the world of videogames
sleepery jeem

Re: The PS4 release schedule / Game announcment thread

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed May 09, 2018 3:49 am

Bio-Shock Style Soviet Shooter Atomic Heart coming to PS4

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEgeZrOOHM
There’s an ugly intolerance of honest expression afoot in our era.

Matthew Paris.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu May 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Death's Gambit Slashes Its Way to PS4 in August

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP2lB-xHpjU

This Castlevania-esque adventure doesn't appear to be pulling any punches, promising a very stern challenge. As with all games of this ilk, death is just part of the experience, as art director Alex Kubodera writes on the PlayStation Blog. "In the inevitable event of your death, we don’t want you to feel discouraged.

Matthew Paris.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon May 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Matthew Paris.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue May 15, 2018 3:58 pm

I can’t tell if Omensight is cool or not. It looks very good but need more reviews to come in.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 pm

So I was looking up reviews for this Omensigt game because it looks kind of cool, and this is the first paragraph of a user review on Metacritic

When I played through their last game, I ended up picking the story path every time, meaning I played the game in the least amount of time possible. I didn’t mean to do this – I made several decisions that I expected to be wrong, and ended up being right. Despite this, by the time I got to my fourth playthrough of the same levels, I was ready for the game to be over. I’m not sure I would’ve actually finished the game had I chosen the incorrect paths. While I thoroughly enjoyed the game up until that point, I couldn’t help but be burned out with the same levels being reused with slightly different narrative. This time around, there are fewer paths to take and each day feels shorter, which is refreshing, but I took a number of wrong paths extending the play time.

:lol:

It takes so many twists and turns I love it

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu May 17, 2018 3:31 am

First-person exploration game Shape of the World launches for PS4 June 6

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAyec2XK0E

•First-person explorer: Unwind as you wander surreal environments that beckon you to explore, hinting at distant landmarks and encouraging you to delve deeper into the woods. Travel at your own pace: no ticking clock or perils laying in wait will prevent you from enjoying your journey here.
•Play with an organic and mysterious ecosystem: Interact with graceful animals, ephemeral flora, and intriguing monoliths. Your actions will alter the world you discover in vibrant and unexpected ways, leaving you wondering what will happen with each path you forge and every hollow you stumble upon.
•Procedural population: The forest only materializes around you when you get close, and it regrows in a new way each time you pass. The game features a graphically compelling procedurally generated environment that shifts continually. What will you find when you retrace your steps?”
•A dynamic soundtrack that responds to the player’s travels: The audio shifts along with the visuals, providing an enveloping aural experience to match your psychedelic journey and amplify your immersion.

:| no.

Matthew Paris.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 22, 2018 7:10 pm

WipEout Omega Collection Demo Zooms to PS4

WipEout Omega Collection may be a simple remaster, but it's still one of PS4's best racing games, offering blisteringly fast, buttery smooth gameplay and a generous amount of content. The recent virtual reality update makes it even more enticing for those with PlayStation VR, especially as it happens to be one of the headset's best experiences to date.

If you've yet to be convinced to give the game a try, however, you're now able to download a demo from the PS Store. You'll have access to a Feisar ship and two race tracks -- Vineta K from WipEout HD and Altima from WipEout 2048. What's more, you'll also be able to play the demo in VR if you wish.

Matthew Paris.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue May 22, 2018 7:10 pm

I’m so confused. How,anytimes has this thing been released now?

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker launches August 31 in the Americas and Europe

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ypgtAyjSCo

Matthew Paris.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Earthfall launches July 13

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeDk_jFYGcU

Earthfall, from Seattle-area developer Holospark, is a cooperative shooter for up to four players. Using team-based tactics to fortify holdouts and complete objectives, players must work together to survive. Aliens have invaded, and it’s up to players to fight back with a modern arsenal of weaponry combined with the ability to fortify locations and create choke-points with man-portable barricades and heavy turrets.

Earthfall features a complete story-mode, wherein players will uncover the reason for the invasion, and more.

Key Features
•Cooperative Survival For up to Four Players – Team up with friends to survive the alien infestation. Robust multiplayer support and A.I. teammates stand ready to ensure a full team at any time regardless of available players.
•Build Your Defenses – Strategically deploy barricades to block the enemy hordes and install turrets anywhere to create perfect alien killing zones.
•Multiple Campaigns – Each campaign tells a story across several missions, allowing players to dive in and experience diverse settings and mission types across the Pacific Northwest.
•Close Encounters of the Brutal Kind – Deadly aliens come in all shapes and sizes, from massive drones armies attacking in waves to towering behemoths spitting plasma, every experience is different, each time you play.
•Battle Unpredictable Enemies – Earthfall features a dynamic spawn system providing a constant set of new challenges lurking behind every corner.
•An Unfolding Story – Every campaign reveals new content and secrets behind the world of Earthfall and the cataclysmic alien invasion.

Matthew Paris.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 am

I never really take this stance on a game because why would someone, but just this once I am so fucking glad that Days Gone is causing such a negative reaction. When the company who is funding the game has The Last of Us 2 in their portfolio how did this ever seem like a good idea, and even just the version of the thing they made who thought that was a good idea?

Who knows. Maybe it comes out and blows the doors off and is this new trend setting things. But I really think this game is going to be a big pile of dog shit and kind of hope that it is.

Kind of like Detroit but I liked Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit back in the day so I give it the benefit of the doubt

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 am

Detroit is Tommy Wiseau Bladerunner don't bother.
🌚

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Wed May 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Days Gone is getting a negative reaction? Can you summarise that? I've stayed away from all the news since I'm was looking forwards to it.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed May 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Just google it and hit ‘news’ and see for yourself. They recently demoed it and people seem pretty unhappy about it. Apparently it will also not make the Sony stage at E3. Which is probably for the best.

Why were you looking forward to it?

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Bikers, zombies and that AAA polish.

Hopefully it's all just a bit of teething problems and the final game will be fine.

Really I wish Valve would stop fucking about and make L4D3 for our zombie slaying needs.