last movie you watched

When the other folders just won't do!
One-armed dwarf

Re: last movie you watched

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue May 15, 2018 9:16 pm

That's it I lived in a parochial house 🏠

That's how I got confused

( I'm serious I lived in an old priest house that looks just like the Fr Ted one )

( It was a very parochial upbringing I do say )
🌚

regemond

Post by regemond » Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 am

One-armed dwarf wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Anyone hear about this new Lars Von Trier film? Makes antichrist sound parochial.
Oh God. Antichrist was one of the weirdest/worst experiences I've ever put my eyes through. Just, there's things in that film that will literally never be erased from my brain.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 am

Well this new one makes that old film seem like an old priests house.

Murdering kids and taxidermy anyone? 😫🤮

Lars von Trier's 'gross' and 'torturous' film prompts walkout - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44129653
🌚

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu May 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Deadpool 2

So the first film managed to convey a fully realised Deadpool into a fairly generic setting. This film, manages the opposite. You have a fully realised X-Men world with a Deadpool that has grown noticeably stale. The Merc with a Mouth has become an annoying, melodramatic c*nt. The forced moments of drama really seem at odds with characterisation. It would work if this Movie Deadpool had been demonstrating the overt insanity and mood swings of his comic book counterpart, however this isn't the case. There is also a particular scene that grated on me in equal measure to the Spider-Man scene in Infinity War, watch the film and see if you can pick it out? :wink:

For the second comic book movie in a row, the "humour" all fell flat. Aside from the Debut of X-Force, which actually made me laugh out loud. After about the first twenty minutes or so I became engaged with the film. That being when the rest of the main cast entered the film. Josh Brolin is two for two. Cable and Thanos, both outstanding and each portrayal noticeably different. Domino is also a surprise highlight of the film I wasn't expecting. There are so many cameos and references in this film, you'd have to be an X-Fan for several decades to appreciate them all... :mrgreen:

Once again, through Deadpool, we get a decent X-Men film, better than X-Men Apocalypse at least. Although this time Deadpool himself is the weak link. 8/10

Oh.. and DON'T STAY TIL THE END, there is no after credits scene. Mid-credits, yes. After credits, no.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 pm

:lol: You got me again. Sounded bad but then an 8/10 gut punch.

👍🏻

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am

Deadpool just seems one of those things where you laugh at the cute marketing but are best off not watching the films.

Look at this shit
Image Image Image

No way the film is better than that.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri May 18, 2018 8:50 am

That can’t be real?

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am

Yeah they filmed the whole movie over again but every part played by Deadpool.

You can even watch Deadpool castaway.

"Wade Wilson"
🌚

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Fri May 18, 2018 3:05 pm

I can't say I approved of Deadpool's portrayal of Lieutenant Dan in Forest Gump. It loses a lot of the dramatic tension when his legs just grow back again :roll:

DifferentClass

Post by DifferentClass » Fri May 18, 2018 3:09 pm

They're magic leegs.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Fri May 18, 2018 10:03 pm

The Deadpool marketing is legit amazing.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun May 20, 2018 10:04 pm

I may have said this before, but I honestly believe that whenever they end up making the next Batman movie, they have to put the white lenses into the cowl. It just gives Batman a greater sense of power and immortality

I want my Superman to be really human but I want my Batman to be that eternal and dark and mysterious. And I think you get that more when you can’t see he’s eyes because you don’t know what he’s thinking.

Also I’ve said before that my favourite Batman character is Gotham. They really need to start CG’ing Gotham 8nto the movie because it looks awesome

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon May 21, 2018 9:53 am

I just think they should wait 10 years and do another Christopher Nolan film but with an old Christian Bale.

There's a comic about an old Batman, they could do that or whatever.

Anything other than those shit DC forced 'cinematic universe' rushjobs they've been doing.
🌚

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 am

They already leveraged some of the stronger images of Dark Knight Returns in BvS, and even though lots of people love it I have no interest in a Batman Beyond.

Same as I have no interest in another Nolan Batman movie. I want to see a really good comic book Batman, because really we haven’t had that yet. Like Batman Begins is quite comic booky, I suppose. But Dark Knight is - impossible - but still a really grounded Batman film. At least in the reality they create for that film.

But I want to see comic book Batman. As much as I love the Dark Knight for all kinds of reasons, that film never delivers this

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Mon May 21, 2018 2:23 pm

The Two Burton Batman films are very comic-booky. On an aesthetic level at least, that is Batman. On the flipside of the 'comic book Batman' descriptive, you have Adam West Batman and the Schumacher films...
Pick you poison :roll:

Also, for Batman Beyond, Michael Keaton should reprise the role of Old Bruce Wayne. He'd nail it!