Kingdom Come : Deliverance.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
shinymcshine

Re: Kingdom Come : Deliverance.

Post by shinymcshine » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:08 am

Sabotage the execution - well the result was fine, all executions were botched, and I got the reward, but my method was heavy handed. I shot the barking dog with an arrow, which alerted the nightwatchman, who I drew a distance from the camp then killed him. Sabotaged the tongs with poison, swapped the rope for the rotten one, then went looking for the sword.

I then woke up the executioner, in a failed pickpocket, had a fistfight and knocked him out, the stole his key and sword from chest. Took sword to Rattay to blunt it, got stopped for stealing, talked my way out of it, blunted the sword, returned to camp. Then had a fist fight with the executioner and 2 henchmen, returned sword to chest.

Went back to report my progress, then on to watch execution, but collared by guards for earlier theft, and fined a whopping 1200 grotchen!

Still it was all, probably, worth it in the end.

Im sure a stealthy approach would have been better :lol:

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Did the stealthy run, think I put sleeping potion in the stew which took care of the guard after a 5m wait then picked the lock...do remember tacking ages to find the rope though, never occurred to me it was in the loft.

If you have stolen stuff on you just dump in in your chest and after an ingame day or so it loses it stolen status, apparently you can also sell goods you steal from one town in another one without penalty though I don't remember trying it though.

Makes historical sense in a way as bailiffs would only keep track of crimes in their districts.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Loads of progress today (way too hot for going outside again, after 10 hrs in the sun yesterday).

Started off by completing the exorcism quest, then killing Runt at the bandit encampment.

Then, a surprisingly complex adhoc branching side quest, starting with a rumour from the landlord at the Talmberg tavern regarding poachers, and after a good few twists and turns, culminated in me accepting the appointment to be the Master Huntsman of Talmberg (which unlocked an ultra rare trophy too (PS4)).

Wow, didn't see that one coming.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 am

8) yeah, often what I thought was a simple featch quest grew legs and rarely in a boring way.

News of the Hardcore modse...

Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s Hardcore Mode that was released a few days ago that turns the game into a true survival roleplaying game.

When playing in Hardcore Mode, there will be no autosaves, no health or stamina bar, no fast travel, and many other obstacles for players to overcome. Unusual “perks” are also available to make the game even harder.

Players will have to choose at least two when they start a new game in Hardcore Mode, like Haemophilia or Numbskull, and finishing the game in this state will unlock new achievements.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Did a side quest and just not sure what it's achieved or if it's even finished.

It started with talking to Matthew & Fritz at the tavern, then with Andrew the landlord, and a wild goose chase getting Cuman armour, then talking to people who "knew" how Cumans dressed.

So collected wolf tooth, raven feathers and dog hide, which is now a Cuman disguise in my inventory, but seemed weird there was no follow-up quest to actually use the disguise to do highway robberies with Matthew & Fritz?

Especially since its such a ridiculous disguise.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:35 pm

:? wonder if that's the glitched one?....hold on...

Found it, did Olena glitch out on your run perhaps ?, but thinking about it I don't remember using the armour either, maybe it was something unfinished that they dropped.

I do remember being told about robbing the wagon to the quarry, but much like the stealing for the old whore I just left it uncompleted rather than tarnish my reputation.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Spoilirish on the DLC.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance's New Hardcore Mode is Brutal - New PS4 Gameplay

PlayStation Access : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1VYkRPNHFs

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Did another main mission today where I visited the stables which had been raised and there was now a plague there.

It was kind of odd though, as prior to triggering the mission I'd visited a miller who'd asked me to steal a horse from there, but when I arrived there were no animals around, so I just thought it had glitched. Anyway the mission later explained why.

Whilst I had no problem with asking around, going to the monestary, diagnosing and making the right antidote, I still couldn't get in to see the captive. Whilst I'd bribed a lady to leave the barn door unlocked it wasn't, and I didn't fancy hanging around too long incase he died. The guard prevented me from the me from just lockpicking, so I tried to stealthily knock him out, which failed, culminating in a fistfight and a 200 grotchen fine. But it did then leave the door unguarded,so I cured the captive and successfully interrigated him, then took him to the prison in Rattay.

Next stop, to meet the coin forger.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 am

Another bout of main quests, which perhaps didn't go as well as it might, but finished up okay.

I investigated the crossroads where the forger was to meet, found the ransacked cart, followed the blood trail and questioned the bodyguard, but the the knight escaped. Caught up with him at the tavern in Saussus but after lockpicking his chest whilst he slept he woke up and ended up on my sword. Then I read the book he was carrying and learnt that I'd probably just killed an ally :-(

Well I took the book to Rattay then went off to Saussus to investigate the forgeries. Visited the blacksmiths, found who had the copper, but no dialogue options would let me progress that. Heard out about the quicksilver and the engraving stamp, so went and found out about them. Learnt about the kidnapping of Esther from the bathhouse, talked to the trainee engraver who confessed all, then shookdown the brute who squealed the location of the mine (I let him go too, since killing him in the town seemed unwise, and I didn't fancy the walk back to Rattay to put him in the dungeon).

Went to the mine, killed the bandits in the camp, and those on the way into the workshop. Convinced the leader to surrender without a fight then got a concluding cutscene of his arrest, and quest finished.

Albeit whatever happened to Esther and the guilty blacksmith I don't know?

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:43 pm

You missed out twice there, You needed to catch the Knight on horseback he then attacked you but surrendered when you caused enough damage.

Even then you still had the option to kill him, but I let him live and he agreed to help me (though I did most of the work in the mine) he then went his merry way after the ringleader was arrested.
sleepery jeem wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:53 am
Ones of the touches I like is the way Warhorse has written Henry's tale into History, take this guy...
Did he exist maybe maybe not, but the Roseburgs he is working for did and their actions in the games narrative are based on historical record.

As for Esther, you missed out on rescuing her i'm afraid, you interrogate the boyfriend then follow the dice player (I waited till he was on the bridge) interrogated him for her location knocked him out and threw him in the river to drown (natural death so no penalty :wink: ) rescued her and earned a discount form her Madam if I remember rightly.

:?: that said, given the way this game is a little broke at times she might still be up there (she is at a small camp just N/W of the mine entrance but up top along the ridge line.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:54 pm

In some way don't mind missing stuff if it's my own fault, and it's sort of refreshing that it lets you solve things in different ways, even if that's a partial completion.

Anyway today I investigated the old silver works and mines, then had a look for Theresa who I couldn't locate. But I did look in the mines in that area too, and they were pretty extensive.

I then cleared a few of the Cuman camps* around Talemburg before running into Hans in Rattay and doing a mission with him, Bernard and a small posse, which I resolved peacefully through my fine negotiation skills.

I'm still surprise quite how big this game is.

* It's still a bit irksome when killing the bandits etc that they often roll off down the hillside once dead, meaning that trying to find them after the melee to loot for evidence is almost a mini quest itself...

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Well I've now joined the monestary in order to uncover the traitor, Pious, in the bandit gang, albeit I went back to Radzig after accepting the task and he'd rather I took him to the bailiff rather than killing him.

Psalms, and chores await, I've been given my daily schedule .

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Out of the monestery now, seemed like a good idea but not that well implemented (having to adhere to a schedule, do chores, sneak around in the meantime doing main and subplots - all seemed like too much effort for me, and a hit in the game pacing - especially with a couple of nights in the reflection room too (aka cell)).

So I found Pious, did the bits for him and left a few subplots undone , and now I've been back to Radzig and the bandits, and I'm now a prisoner (well escapee on the run) in the bandit fort.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:45 am

Dang it, got a broken part of a main questions and can't progress it (guess I'll lose 2 hrs progress and go back to earlier save and try events in a different sequence).

I'm doing the Seige quest and I'm now suppose to wait for an assassin to appear at midnight, but they never do, I've tried waiting many different nights, skipping forward every hour, hiding in different places etc and they just don't show up, do the trebuchet engineer won't leave the house :-(

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:59 pm

:? cant remember that bit i'm afraid, hold on...

This might help : http://www.gosunoob.com/kingdom-come-de ... -assassin/

Chinese UN Mission.