Kingdom Come : Deliverance.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
sleepery jeem

Re: Kingdom Come : Deliverance.

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:53 am

Ones of the touches I like is the way Warhorse has written Henry's tale into History, take this guy...

Did he exist maybe maybe not, but the Roseburgs he is working for did and their actions in the games narrative are based on historical record.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Easter Update 1.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_zMzjfhYHs

:roll: hipster beards oh feck off.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:22 am

New 11GB patch released, basically the PC patch above.

Kingdom Come Deliverance Patch 1.4.3 For Consoles Has Been Released, Multiple Bugs Fixes And More.

New features
•Henry can now change his hairstyle and beards in bathhouses.
•Unarmed mercy kill added.
•Real easter eggs added. Hunt for the golden egg can begin! Also, there is a new Easter-themed weapon to be found.

Fixes
•Ressurection day is upon us! Some NPCs that died due to the physics glitches have risen from their graves.
•Fixed the problem with the Mightier than the Sword quest related to the scribe.
•Rattay archery competition works on advanced difficulty.
•Fixed save issue in the House of God quest.
•Cutscene after the completion of the quest Questions and Answers should trigger properly.
•Rattay armorer should no longer get stuck in an infinite sleep behaviour.
•Player with an equipped bow can now be dehorsed by enemies.
•Fixed a bug with an instant game over in the Trial by Fire quest.
•Player can no longer lock on a non-existing opponent.
•Fixed instant game bug over in Baptism of Fire quest.
•Crashes after timeskip/fast travel should no longer occur.
•Game no longer crashes after “The Sport of Kings” quest.
•Crash after walking into Straw’s house during the “Pestilence” quest is fixed.
•Crash after finishing the “Pestilence” quest is fixed.
•Very rare crash after loading a game is fixed.
•Another 200 major bugs fixed.

Known issues
•[Rare] Attacking stops working.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sun May 13, 2018 6:34 am

Kingdom Come, here I come!

Well, after installing & patching.

OK seems alright so far, tutorials were a bit scant (have a fistfight, without knowing the controls) and the bit where I was escaping on a horse with an arrow in the leg needed repeating several times before I realised I had to just ride to the castle (on screen tip said to find someone to bandage wound, hence I was riding around, bleeding out, looking for someone).

Still it looks decent enough to spend a pleasant few weeks/months with.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 am

:lol: yeah its very vague in places, also you will find fights tough at first and unless you have good armour on leg it against more than one opponent.

Interested to see what you think of the bow (do not use it in combat early on) as it takes some time to get used to the sweet spot so stick to hunting rabbits for now.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Mon May 14, 2018 7:59 am

It'd be nice if they put bits of the codex up on the loading screens so I could at least read them whilst waiting.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sat May 19, 2018 8:55 am

So far Im convinced there's a great game here, if only it would stop being so obstructive and let me play it.

I eventually escaped the confines of the castle, albeit not through some disguise (since I couldn't find the soldier armour anywhere, but by getting thrown in a cell for stealing, then thrown outside castle gates, then running off ).

Finally past the opening title sequence, and trying lockpicking again, but still without success. It feels like one of those clunky PC games from 20 yrs ago at times, but it does seem like there's some promise there.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat May 19, 2018 4:44 pm

8) that was a great opening I thought.

Yeah you'll find most missions have several ways of working through them.

The armour you where looking for...

was in a chest just above and to the left of the Castle portcullis

You could have also waited till night and knocked out one of the guards patrolling the battlements (being sure to move his body out of plain sight)

Or the simplest way was just to jump down off the drawbridge :lol:

As for the lock picking, just keep at it and it becomes second nature, also there is a thief potion you can mix up that bumps up your skill level whilst picking.

Bear in mind that the locks position changes every time you look at a lock so try a few goes to see how the position of the sweet spot changes.

:!: and I cant emphasise this enough PICK FLOWERS :!: every chance you get, not only does this unlock some very useful perks but early on it a major source of easy cash to pay for a room to save.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 am

Getting the hang of it now, albeit had to watch a couple of YouTube videos in order to actually understand the mechanics of both lockpicking and pickpocketing since, for me, the tutorials didn't clearly explain what I was expected to do. Turning off the rumble certainly helped, and I've picked a couple of locks 'in game' now.

Currently I'm doing the Hunting mission, but even 8 hrs in it still feels like I'm in an extended tutorial (there still so much I don't know how to do).

So far I'm finding it to be almost as much of a medieval simulator as an RPG, what with the need to sleep, eat, washing etc, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Perhaps those that liked the realism of Zelda BotW should give this a go?

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun May 20, 2018 4:37 pm

I've posted a few things in the last 4 pages (all story spoiler's in tint print).

The most important thing to remember is that you are starting from scratch and teaching yourself how to survive in the world, keep using any skill and it improves over time.

It a more realistic system than most RPG's have but its needs a patient player to keep going till at least Lv.10 to see your efforts rewarded.

You can cheat and go online and find a map with all the buried loot graves, but even then without learning the games mechanics it only helps you so far.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 pm

I've got 5 maps (which were part of the included DLC?) but haven't free roamed too much around Ratten yet, and I beat up the guy who owed your father money (again) and he told me about a cache under a dovecote, but not explored there yet either. Thought it best to go through a few story missions to pick up basic skills first.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Hunted some rabbits, which was actually really fun, then killed a kidnapper, and scared the other away.

Really getting in to this now, it's still a bit daunting, in terms of content, but growing on me so much.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed May 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Is there any way of knowing where a main quest has a time limit or not, as I've got a whole bunch of stuff I've picked up (and stored on my horse) but I'm now looking for Ginger and don't know if he'll hang around (he's with the charcoal burners apparently)?

I intended to offload a bunch of stuff in Rattray before I started the first bit of the quest, but if I left the courtyard area, rather than speaking with the Captain I failed the quest.

Also, I really fancy a free wander too.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Don't worry about Ginger you can leave his quest line as long as you like, but yes you can fail some side quests easily enough (think I failed 3) some have a time limit other a location barrier but most fetch quests will sit happily enough.

Agreed on how vague it all is at times, but I don't remember being really frustrated overall by it.

Chinese UN Mission.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sat May 26, 2018 7:17 am

Getting use to the pacing of the game now - it's a real slow burn, if you try to rush things then it's not a game suited for that. Combat has to be approached carefully, Lockpicking is a learnt art, even fast travel isn't that fast, and there's patience needed when searching for specific objectives in a broad search area.

Had trouble with the 2 bandits who were after Ginger, so took an alternative approach (waiting till they slept and killing them in their bedclothes). Honorable it was not, but it sure was effective.