Wrestling/MMA fans? WWE/TNA/UFC/INDIE PROMOTIONS discussion

When the other folders just won't do!
regemond

Re: Wrestling/MMA fans? WWE/TNA/UFC/INDIE PROMOTIONS discuss

Post by regemond » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:55 am

Sorry for the stereotyping, but it's making me laugh that in Wales a wrestling company's initials spell out EWE. I hope that was intentional and they're inviting the sheep jokes!

Just googled it - Doug Williams and Robbie E are there too! Decent card already!

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:36 pm

A good Royal Rumble match this year, but a very unexpected winner. That is really the best thing that they can think of? :|

regemond

Post by regemond » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Suppose having him win is better than the alternative of 'Roman wins LOL!'. I'm gonna be honest, I've completely lost track of WWE proper now, I only really watch NXT week to week and even then I still have last week's episode and TakeOver to watch!

Anyway, I'm off to see PCW in Liverpool this weekend. PJ Black has been confirmed (the former Justin Gabriel) as well as Timithy Thatcher (?). It's been a great laugh the last 2 times I've gone so I'm really looking forward to this one!

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:31 pm

I enjoyed the RR despite there being no surprise appearances in the 30.

My only disappointment was the 3 v 3 women's tag match being bumped to the preshow and I missed it. I did watch some of the preshow, but only from around 2320 hrs, just as the Raw Mens Tag Team title match ended.

Funny thing I saw yesterday was that some of the wrestlers were riding from the ramp to the ring on the back of a golf cart (just google it) :lol: It was a long walk by the look of it.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:14 am

The women's tag was nothing special. The least consequential match on the show.

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:58 am

Okay so watched Rumble last night, Seriously why they continue with Roman push is beyond me, the commentary is backwards talking about things that arent happening.
I can only imagine its Vince's input, who ever is calling the shots needs to shake it up a bit, get raw back down to 2 hours scrap the brand split, they Rosters are stronger together.

Scrap 205 and put into the other rosters put most of it in NXT and give it an extra 20 mins airtime.

The Talent also need more individual creative freedom and less restrictions in the main shows, its just damn stale so frequently, especially RAW.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:18 pm

Seems that Seth Rollins has reinjured his knee after the encounter with Samoa Joe on Raw.

Terrible news for him after so long out previously, and not good for his developing story arc either :(

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 pm

The results from the Elimination Chamber PPV were a bit surprising.

I was going to give it a miss, but will be watching it later on the WWE Network.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:13 pm

The Miz & Maryse take off of the Bellas and John Cena during Tuesday night's Smackdown was really well done :lol:

Together with the later antics of Fandango & Tyler Breeze, a genuinely entertaining tag team title match with American Alpha & The Usos, and Shane O leaping from the turnbuckle to the announcers table, it was one of the best episodes for a while.

regemond

Re: Wrestling/MMA fans? WWE/TNA/UFC/INDIE PROMOTIONS discussion

Post by regemond » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 am

Has anyone watched the WWE 24/7 on Kurt Angle?

I'm about half way through it and genuinely didn't know he broke his neck three times in such quick succession.

Going to finish it tonight, but it's great seeing an insight into his career. Even if they are using WWE's typical revisionist history - like skipping the time he walked out of an ECW event when he was first learning about the business.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm

I'll have to watch that one.

I was quite surprised when I learnt that Kurt Angle was part of the Foxcatcher team, which ended up with the tragic killing of Dave Schultz.

I saw the film at the weekend, albeit I though that the Team Foxcatcher documentary on Netflix (which I'd seen previously) gave a more comprehensive story.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:03 am

Former 3MB member Jinder Mahal holds the Heavyweight Championship. Former 3MB member Drew McIntyre holds the NXT Championship. Does this mean that Heath Slater is going to defeat Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship? :o

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Well never say never in the crazy world of WWE