When the other folders just won't do!
sleepery jeem

Re: Currently Listening To Thread.

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:21 pm

8) nice...

Metal Mythos: IRON MAIDEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYczQOvVKpY

Watch it or we'll send Eddie round.
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.
We used to call this bigotry.
Now we call this being woke.

Andrew Sullivan

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Neutral Milk Hotel's seminal album Aeroplane over the Sea is 20 years old today.

Let us all listen together and share our opinions on what pitchfork reckons is the best album ever or something over a nice chai latte.

https://youtu.be/5pl3XwTSfek

I'm fairly sure this album is what a Wes Anderson film sounds like in music form.
Punished Dwarf: A dwarf who must plat Devil May Cry 2

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:52 pm

:? wots a chi latt :?:

As for the album, the only that I kinda liked was Holland, 1945.
The goal of our culture now is not the emancipation of the individual from the group, but the permanent definition of the individual by the group.

Andrew Sullivan

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 pm

But do you love Jesus Christ

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Oh god no.

Andrew Sullivan

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 pm

This thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isic2Z2e2xs

Gustav Holst, the Planets.

I feel like I've heard this in every big blockbuster film ever. Some Gladiator in there. Also apparently influenced Star Wars

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Disclaimer: I don't listen to music. I have no favourite band or genre and I couldn't care less what is good or not. To me it's all the same: background noise.

"So why are you here, Pious?"

Because I have recently caught on to Podcasts, which is what I'm currently listening to. Being a somewhat ghoulish type, I have an interest in Serial Killers. To gain insight into such characters, often a mindset both alien and intriguing.
For example I recently listened to a three part series on an infamous duo: Fred and Rose West. Now I was 10y/o if that, when they were caught and their crimes came to light, so naturally Mum & Dad didn't really follow the gruesome details while my brother and I were in earshot. Grim as f*ck, is the conclusion I came to. Both of them. From their early days to their arrest, they are a succinct example of what I would think 'Evil' to be. The Real Life kind.

The Podcast, for those curious and otherwise inclined, is called "All Killa, No Filla". Narrated by two comedians, who try to inject some gallows humour in early on... Before it gets really bleak.

regemond

Post by regemond » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 am

Pious the chosen wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:01 pm
Disclaimer: I don't listen to music. I have no favourite band or genre and I couldn't care less what is good or not. To me it's all the same: background noise.

"So why are you here, Pious?"

Because I have recently caught on to Podcasts, which is what I'm currently listening to. Being a somewhat ghoulish type, I have an interest in Serial Killers. To gain insight into such characters, often a mindset both alien and intriguing.
For example I recently listened to a three part series on an infamous duo: Fred and Rose West. Now I was 10y/o if that, when they were caught and their crimes came to light, so naturally Mum & Dad didn't really follow the gruesome details while my brother and I were in earshot. Grim as f*ck, is the conclusion I came to. Both of them. From their early days to their arrest, they are a succinct example of what I would think 'Evil' to be. The Real Life kind.

The Podcast, for those curious and otherwise inclined, is called "All Killa, No Filla". Narrated by two comedians, who try to inject some gallows humour in early on... Before it gets really bleak.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alivelez/16-tr ... reX6PAKB6K

Buzzfeed article? Yes.
Full of true crime podcasts that might catch your interest? Also yes.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:44 pm

regemond wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 am
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alivelez/16-tr ... reX6PAKB6K

Buzzfeed article? Yes.
Full of true crime podcasts that might catch your interest? Also yes.
Ta. I don't know what the significance of "buzzfeed" is, but I will look into it. :D

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Buzzfeed is the website full of inane brain-cell killing articles with titles like '17 reasons way Bay Area burittos are best in the world' (said article is just gifs from Community and Arrested Development.

I pulled that shit from my arse but I guaran-fuckin-tee you that you can find one almost like it.

That said they've tried to pivot recently into serious journalism. But put their foot in it as being the website to unleash the then uncorroborated Steele Dossier (Trump pee-tape document) on the world and damage the cause of fact-checking journalism.

Said doc has gotten corroborated by actual real life shit recently especially with the Cohen case but at the time it was not and gave great ammo to attack legitimate news outlets as 'fake news'.

'Buzzfeed is a flaming pile of garbage' - 45th president of the United States. Only wise thing he's ever said.

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Buzzfeed. All the content and annoyance of a pop up in website form.