Brexit the Donald and the New Puritans: Doomed, we're all Doomed

When the other folders just won't do!
sleepery jeem

Re: Brexit and the Donald : Doomed, we're all Doomed

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Interestingly enough the Aussies are have issues with the gay marriage postal pole their having.

Seems that people are so used to using their phones over there that the fact that they have to post the form is causing confusion as many "youngsters" don't know where their nearest postbox is.

Nothing moves slower than bureaucracy I'm afraid.

In other :shock: astonishing news, it seems that The Donald stopped World War 3 two months back when he convinced the Saudis etc. not to attack Qatar.

:roll: honestly if The Don isn't gonna destroy us all whats the point of his existence :?:

:!: oh and he was wire tapped before and after the election : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJFaD9ClX2M

:| jeez stopping a war and telling the truth...... :!: that's not the Donald its a replicant :!:
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

This should probably be called the politics thread or sumthing now.

Or at least something which encompasses moaning about millenials/leftism/PC culture stuff and not just Brexit and Trump.

Now I need to update my blog

*sips on avocado toast and takes bite out of green tea latte*

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:24 am

"A Third of the Police Want Guns"

Uh, no

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:24 am

Can't even be trusted with the fucking speedometer guns mind about ones that end lives

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm

One-armed dwarf wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

:? avocado...that's a green orange in'it :?:

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:43 pm

No it's the thing with thing on the thing

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:44 pm

No wait I'm thinking of ice cream

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:08 pm

A green orange is a lime.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 pm

One-armed dwarf wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am
This should probably be called the politics thread or sumthing now.

Or at least something which encompasses moaning about millenials/leftism/PC culture stuff and not just Brexit and Trump.

Now I need to update my blog

:? been mulling this over and I cant think of anything better than the plaintive cry of Doomed we're all Doomed from Private Frazer as to my sad resignation at the collapse of common sense and the rise of the righteous minority that make up the millenials/leftism/PC culture that has infested the lands.

Anyway, here some more doomed news....

First of we have some pretty disgusting news up here with twitface vomit from Action for Trans Health Edinburgh (ATH) over my previously reported attack on a 60 year old woman ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36764&start=585#p586648 ).

"punching terfs is the same as punching Nazis. Fascism must be smashed with the greatest violence to ensure our collective liberation from it"

"violence against TERF's is always self defence"

:| if anyone can support this logic please step forward and justify it, please I dare you :!: .

Also of interest is the fact that this very same group was actually called on to give evidence to a parliamentary committee :shock:

Relating to this issue was an interesting article into the work of gender psychotherapist James Caspian and his work in studying Detransition, for over 16 years he has worked helping people with their gender issues.

For his first 13 years most of his patients where adult men, but in the last few this has flipped on its head to younger women who saw changing gender to be a "panacea" for a myriad of mental health issues.

Caspian believes we are seeing "what Jung called a collective complex" in essence a form of mass hysteria, similar events take place all the time apparently, mass fainting etc, one of the more interesting ones was the Glass delusion ....
Glass delusion

Cases of the delusion spiked across early modern Europe. Even King Charles VI of France was a sufferer and was reported to have wrapped himself in blankets to prevent himself from shattering.

Andy Lamejin, a psychiatrist from Leiden in the Netherlands, recalls his search for contemporary cases, and remembers the astonishing moment when one cropped up in his own hospital and he was offered the chance to probe the meaning of this enigmatic delusion with a living patient.

Adam believes the ‘glass delusion’ has powerful contemporary resonance in a society where anxieties about fragility, transparency and personal space are pertinent to many people’s experience of living in the modern world. The feeling of being made of glass could be a useful way of understanding how we negotiate society – one that is increasingly crowded, but also one in which modern technological advances isolate us and offer apparently boundaryless communication.

Professor Edward Shorter, a historian of psychiatry from the University of Toronto, suggests that it’s the material of glass itself, and its newness in 17th century Europe, which holds the key to understanding the disorder. Throughout history the inventive unconscious mind has pegged its delusions onto new materials. In the 19th century, cement delusions appeared when it emerged as a new building material, just as common delusions of recent decades include the fixed, false belief that the CIA or other security services can download thoughts through micro-transmitters.

Caspian believes that social media is amplifying this hysteria and that many "trans" individuals are damaging themselves for life with this latest groupthink/hysteria/cultural trend.

:| fascinating stuff from an anthological point of view.

Moving on and today we will find out if the far right AfD will be the official opposition in Germany, :| cant say I like the idea of it, but on the other hand I consider the far left just as bad so heres hoping for balance.

Then of course we have the arrests in Spain of Catalonian separatists causing yet more headaches for the EU.

:| life is many things, boring it is not.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:47 am

All this talk about 'bending the knee' to the American flag has me thinking about Danaryes Targaryen.

Also the bit about wiping out the Korean peninsula with fire and fury the world has never seen.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:09 pm

You're all sitting a bit further away but let me tell you those 13% the AfD got in Germany yesterday have set the internet world on fire.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Are people surprised by that? Because it seemed like the polls were saying 'This thing will happen' and then the thing happened.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:34 pm

EDIT : sorry dwarf missed your post, what surprised many was that it was thought that the AfP vote would disintegrate not grow.

Yeah the 13% came as a surprise to many, I was watching mostly France 24 following it and most of the commentator's where thinking 8-9% at most.

So it gives them around 80 M.P.'s (sounds a lot but their parliament is larger than ours), what's more interesting is that Merkal's lost so many.

Worth noting is the way more votes went to the right with the AfP and the FDP picking up votes, rather to the left to the Greens etc.

I suspect quite a few more people voted FDP rather than brining themselves to vote Afp, so it does move the political spectrum in Germany further right overall I think.

:mrgreen: roll on the Catalonian referendum and Italian elections.

:lol: the Unions and Momentum stop the EU vote at the l=Labour Party Conference : http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/b ... c77331e45c

All those young Labour puppy love voters must be very confused by this, why would Uncle JC do this to them?.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:16 pm

I thought this apt for this thread...

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 pm

:lol: agreed Pious.

:? just a little side thought, the SNP has been making much of its delegation it has sent to Spain but for the life of me I cant find any mention of its delegation to Kurdistan.

As far as I can tell it fits the SNP criteria...

previously independent region once upon a time

dictated to by larger political/ethic parent state

like in Spain the vote is considered illegal

:? so why no help from brave SNP foot soldiers in the wilds of Kurdistan :?: