Food

When the other folders just won't do!
Bilge Rat

Re: Food

Post by Bilge Rat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:51 pm

2400 seems like a lot unless you are really tall. The recommended intake for the average male is 2500, so if the average male ate only slightly less than that then it would take months for any significant change. I'm 6 foot and my understanding is that I need to aim for less than 2000 calories to lose weight.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Uh, that's a good point.

Even if I lose it steadily I think that's good, though. Maybe aim for like, 2000 and under a day or something.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:28 pm

I just had 2 peanut butter sandwiches and a swig of milk for lunch. I think I might be a 5 year old?

Skev

Post by Skev » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:21 pm

"Sorry, sorry, I know you disapprove of swearing so I'll sort that out. You are a boring F, star, star, CUNT!"

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 pm

Jesus christ that looks amazing, had something similar at my birthday meal at an American restaurant in Boxhill:

MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

latisha

Post by latisha » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:02 am

I prefer more veggies than meat though sometimes I combine veggies and meat.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Anyone do packed lunches for work? Trying it this week and find it a huge expenditure reducer, but I'm sick of eating rice and vegetables and shit.

Shoreditch NOT a cheap place to eat! :x

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Yes, I bring in sandwiches or any leftovers from the evening meal, then have a bag of crisps, a snack bar & piece of fruit - all brought in from home, rarely go to the cafe/restaurant at work - apart from having a fry up breakfast there, mid-morning, on a Friday.

Seems odd that some people spend >£5 per day on food at work, whilst I spend (I guess) <£10 per week on stuff for a packed lunch.

Then again I'm happy to bring in my own* tea, coffee & milk to make a brew rather than going down to the Costa stand.

I mean, fundamentally I go to work to make money, not to spend it whilst I'm there. :lol:

* sadly the reduction in numbers meant our communal "tea club" expired.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm

So because my knees are banjaxed I'm going to be working from home for a while I think. So I went and installed an app called mealtime and bought ingredients on amazon prime and tried cooking something that I've already forgotten the name of.

It's fun, I'm still alive also so maybe I might be able to get good at this and move away from just cooking veg and meat and shit and actually cook real meals.

On the downside cooking that meal was really fucking messy, not used to having to do so much cleaning up after cooking.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 pm

That sounds like the blue apron thing advertised on GB all the time. I would try a service like that because not only can I not cook for shit I get very confused and indecisive in supermarkets. It just end up with me eating the same things all the time

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Also I'm incredibly fussy around food

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Blue Apron charges 10 dollars per meal, only in SF could someone consider that a good deal. Blows my mind people would pay that much.*

I find prime now good because I can avoid the awkwardness of not quite knowing what I need to buy when I can browse the ingredients on my phone. Only thing is you're limited to either buying from Morrissons or Amazon (maybe different postcodes have different options) and you kinda should pay the £2 otherwise you're basically worse than Hitler.

Also if you cook a bad meal it's still food so long as you're not putting undercooked chicken inside you or something dangerously stupid like that

*Also square-space, watch some youtube videos for a few afternoons and learn to host that stuff yourself. It's fun and easy.