Jeem's Travels : Content links page 1.

When the other folders just won't do!
sleepery jeem

Re: Jeem : London's Calling

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:36 pm

:| £20 for the autograph was enough, £20 more for a photo was just a bit to much (remember I only took £100).

The sneak bobble head was actually on a random merchant stall along with the strength and barter heads, there was an official Fallout 4 stall there It had vault boy mugs, t-shirts, poster etc.

:oops: sorry didn't think to take a pic.

Anyway...

Todays been a bit of a disaster...

tried to put my laptop away in the room safe only for it to jam, security got it open but it seems the door is slightly damaged so he recommended storing my laptop at the front desk just in case.

Made it to the Imperial War Museum, the Holocaust exhibit was moving, scary and sad (very well put together) but as I was moving out of the way of some kids on the stairs down I stumbled and tore my right calf muscle its rock solid and fekkin, fekkin, fekkin sore.

I can handle the flat ok and going up stairs is doable but :| going down them.... :cry: ....screw the house's of Parliament I back at my hotel and staying in with an ice pack and some pain killers.

:| should have took the cold blood pudding at breakfast as a sign and stayed in bed.
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Wait...... £20 for an autograph? :o No wonder he was so cheery! I thought they did that stuff for free :|
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

Noozles

Post by Noozles » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Awesome thread... good work...

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:53 pm

:oops: oh god help me, I cant stop....

As I was feeling low earlier when I hobbled out of Hammersmith station I succumbed to weakness and bought a box of....Ben's Cookies......oh dear god the hazelnut praline is so, so good......

starting to feel sick but I cant stop 4 down 3 to go :oops:
Free speech and the ability to tolerate offence are the hallmarks of a free and open society.

Erika Christakis.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

retro74

Post by retro74 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Great thread this Jeem, really enjoy reading it

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:33 am

sleepery jeem wrote::| £20 for the autograph was enough, £20 more for a photo was just a bit to much (remember I only took £100).

The sneak bobble head was actually on a random merchant stall along with the strength and barter heads, there was an official Fallout 4 stall there It had vault boy mugs, t-shirts, poster etc.

:oops: sorry didn't think to take a pic.

Anyway...

Todays been a bit of a disaster...

tried to put my laptop away in the room safe only for it to jam, security got it open but it seems the door is slightly damaged so he recommended storing my laptop at the front desk just in case.

Made it to the Imperial War Museum, the Holocaust exhibit was moving, scary and sad (very well put together) but as I was moving out of the way of some kids on the stairs down I stumbled and tore my right calf muscle its rock solid and fekkin, fekkin, fekkin sore.

I can handle the flat ok and going up stairs is doable but :| going down them.... :cry: ....screw the house's of Parliament I back at my hotel and staying in with an ice pack and some pain killers.

:| should have took the cold blood pudding at breakfast as a sign and stayed in bed.
I've always just left my laptop in hotel rooms and never had any problem, my laptop's too big to fit in a safe anyway though :lol:, also, remember to take the lift next time, eh? ;)
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:47 pm

:shock: couldn't do that, just don't trust humans that much.

Anyway here's a few snaps from yesterdays aborted visit to the Imperial War Museum.

Main entrance guarded by a brace of 15 inch big gun.

Main hall with a Harrier Jump Jet, Super Marine Spitfire, Doodlebug and V2.... :mrgreen: finally able to put knowledge gained after years of reading Commandos to good use.

And finally one of the finest field guns of the second World War, the German 88'.

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Today went a little awry as I spent much longer than originally anticipated in the Hunterian Museum (4 happy hours), so as I was close I went a dodder round Covent Gardens then on to the Comic book museum.

Hunterian Museum.

If you have even the slightest interest in anatomy or medicine this is a must see in London, with hundreds of specimens and well presented displays into the dawn of professional medicine it was fascinating :D

Sadly honest joe jeem obeyed the no photo's rule whilst every other smegger strode in snapping away on their phones :roll:

did find this online as an example...

Covent Garden was tacky but interesting to walk around did find a toy shop that does old fashioned theatre toys : http://www.pollocks-coventgarden.co.uk/index.php/

Picked up a few of their folding toys...

...like this kinda thing myself though I have no doubt the nieces will probably steal the carousel I bought when they see it :roll: still most of the funs in the building.

:oops: Was so distracted I completely forgot about the Film Museum might go back if I have time, ohh and I can recommend the German hotdog stand outside the meat market just as good as the dogs I had in Berlin.

Erika Christakis.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 pm

therealjaxon wrote:Wait...... £20 for an autograph? :o No wonder he was so cheery! I thought they did that stuff for free :|
Few years ago when I went to one of those sort of things at the Excel Centre they'd only sign stuff that you bought there & then from their merch stall :roll:

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:22 pm

That's pretty rough imo. If I were popular and people came to see me and grab an autograph, I wouldn't charge for it.
Thats asshole territory.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:25 am

sleepery jeem wrote::shock: couldn't do that, just don't trust humans that much.
Wait, you don't go in lifts?! :shock: :P

Some fascinating pics though, went to the museum when I was in school and loved it, too young to go in the Holocaust bit at the time, but enjoyed the WW2 trench bit quite a lot, it's a fantastic museum.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:38 pm

:( :( :( awww see what I missed on Saturday....

Cosplay Montage Video from MCM London Comic Con : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TBIL76 ... r_embedded

Also.....

Got off at Covent garden and decided to cross to the south bank on foot over Waterloo...

Passed the Eye was the Namco funzone....bit crap to be honest :!: but this old fashioned shooting gallery put a smile on my face :D loved these things as a kid...

Earned about a hundred tickets but only kept a few as a souvenir, gave the rest away.

There was only 5 machines that interested me the best being this Star Wars battlepod...

:oops: and I must hang my head in shame folks as YES ! I missed the exhaust port :oops:

Wasn't originally on my list (and if I'm honest the £7 for the 15 min. it took to go round it wasn't worth it) but I took a dodder round Horse Guards museum...

It was then off to the National Gallery, spent a good 4 hours there...

Though much as I love religious iconography I always love coming across the wonderfully macabre painting that exist from the 15th-17th century's, this one was a favourite....

Quite a good day overall, and I just rounded it off by watching Spectre...which was ok I suppose.

:D Natural history Museum tomorrow :D :D :D :D WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! DINOSAURS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Erika Christakis.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:20 pm

:D

Still having to hobble around but the pain was well worth the 4 hours spent in the Natural History Museum, though I will admit it definitely set up more for kids theses days it still have enough hard info. to keep me happy.

Do like a well stuffed bird..

I also have a love of geology, and though I learned nothing new the exhibits where well laid out an informative.

:D Even treated myself to a lovely little ammonite fossil, always remember as a child searching for one but only finding fragments.

Upon leaving the Natural History Museum I was appalled to see a queue of at least 300 waiting to get into the Science Museum :| so I went to the V & A instead.

And I'm glad I did...

Now when I was researching this trip I ruled out the Victoria and Albert Museum as the exhibition seemed to all be about fashion :| but there was a plethora of wide ranging exhibit's from around the world...

English Lord burial casket carved with St Gorge slaying the Dragon.

A stunning Italian sepulchre engraved in Ivory with the birth to death and resurrection of JC.

And if I remember rightly this is a grotesque but beautiful grave/tomb guardian from south east Asia...

:? still undecided about trying an early start on the Science Museum tomorrow or just sticking the British Museum instead, see how I feel in the morning.

Erika Christakis.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Doing well on your trip :). Get up early tomorrow and head to the Science museum :D