last movie you watched

When the other folders just won't do!
Blakey

Re: last movie you watched

Post by Blakey » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Yeah, I know Winter Soldier is well regarded, it just didn't resonate with me and I'm not quite sure why to this day.

Logan is probably better than most MCU films true, but only matches Avengers 1 & 2, GotG 1 and Doctor Strange for me. I think Deadpool is eclipsed by most MCU movies for me really, I did really enjoy it, but it's only better than a few of them (GotG 2, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man) for me.

I get why you'd think that about Ant Man but don't agree at all with Dr Strange, he's such a different, incredibly cool character that goes through different dimensions, controls time and his film definitely didn't follow that MCU mould for me. It was like some Inception time hopping John Wu matrix shit.

As Maf said, I just love these characters, I love all the different origin stories, all their different worlds/places, seeing all these great actors, great characters with real depth and weight on screen, especially at the same time in CW, A1 and A2, its just spine-tingling and a real dream come true.
Last edited by Blakey on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:06 pm

You're all weird.

Anyway - War! what is it good for!?

Dunkirk. Sad but spirited story of a lesser known event which I'm glad is brought to light. I'm sure I've discussed WWII planes on here way back when. Hmm, anyway I do love me some Spitfire action. Recommended.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:23 pm

*OneTwo* wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:06 pm
Hmm, anyway I do love me some Spitfire action.
Made in Southampton :D
MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Like English football talent :wink:

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:37 am

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 am

Blakey wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:57 pm
I get why you'd think that about Ant Man but don't agree at all with Dr Strange, he's such a different, incredibly cool character that goes through different dimensions, controls time and his film definitely didn't follow that MCU mould for me. It was like some Inception against hopping John Wu matrix shit.
I dunno, I really didn't like the forced 'funny' moments in that movie. The Cape of Levitation coming straight out of Disney, Strange himself joking about everything supernatural, friggin' Dormammu reduced to an internet meme and so on. The more I think about it, the less I like it. It just didn't feel like a Dr. Strange movie but more like a mockery of the subject.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:02 am

The ending to Dr Strange is really funny when you about the character, story and the fact it's a blockbuster action movie

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:05 am

Yeah, but why waste a character like Dormammu for a scene like this? I mean yeah, he's the classic Strange villain but isn't he Thanos levels of powerful? It just seemed so silly, but I have no doubts that's exactly what they were going for with it.

Oh, and I've also seen Spider-Man yesterday but I probably shouldn't tell you what I think about it.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 am

How could you not like Spider-Man?

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am

Ha, just kidding. While I think it's just a copy of Spider-Man 2 set earlier in Peter's life it was okay all around, though I would have preferred more strong Spider-Man scenes. Vulture made up for it though, probably one of the best, if not the best MCU villain so far.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:56 pm

You gave me a heart attack!

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:28 pm

I didn't get any of that from Dr. Strange, I mean every Marvel movie has it's jokes which I love, but I didn't think it made a mockery of the character/universe etc. At all.

I fucking loved that end scene as well, laughed like a schoolgirl watching it.
MFGamers Twitter

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38 am

Saw Atomic Blonde yesterday.

Went in expecting a female John Wick film pretty much, but that wasn't quite what I got. 

It's definitely got some Wick in there but I would say it's more of a female Bourne film than John Wick for me, lots of political intrigue, espionage and a surprising amount of suspense and suspicion.

Tons of twists and turns in the plot, some incredible 80s music and some fantastic brutal fight sequences. There's one that takes place in a staircase that is fucking amazing.

Charlize Theron is unsurprisingly brilliant throughout, you see way more of her than I was expecting too.
MFGamers Twitter

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 pm

I noticed at the end of Batman b Superman when the police go into the Kryptonian ship to get Lex that they point 3 red dot sights at he's head, but they also point one on Steppenwolfs head. Does that mean they saw him? I assumed it was a vision of some kind (BECAUSE A LOT OF THE IMPORTANT STORY TELLING IS TOLD THROUGH VISIONS OF SOME KIND)

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Nah, that just was the Storm Trooper of their team.