Anime/Manga

When the other folders just won't do!
sleepery jeem

Re: Anime/Manga

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:02 pm

:!: Oh hello, I was just channel hopping when I stumbled across Viceland (sky758) its showing 5 episodes of Tokyo Ghoul tonight (season 1 3-7) and following it with 5 episodes of Cowboy Be-bop.

Will add this channel to my fav. list and will post if they show more.
Capitalism is a bad name for a good thing.

Edward Lucas.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:54 pm

More from viceland (more Ghoul and Bebop on tonight as well)...

A Letter to Momo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4KLGfBb_3M

The last time Momo saw her father they had a fight - and now all she has left to remember him by is an incomplete letter, a blank piece of paper penned with the words "Dear Momo" but nothing more.

Moving with her mother to the remote Japanese island of Shio, Momo soon discovers three yokai living in her attic, a trio of mischievous spirit creatures that only she can see and who create mayhem in the tiny seaside community as she tries desperately to keep them hidden.

:) remember posting about this ages back so it was a nice surprise to find Viceland ( https://www.viceland.com/en_uk/ ) showing it (its on again tonight).

Whilst not really up to Ghibli standards it was rather good, nice clean animation with a sad but life affirming story.

My only complaint was that the English dub made the Yokai hard to understand at times other than that a solid 8/10.

Edward Lucas.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Toyko Ghoul vol. 14

Fun Fact: I had no idea, from reading Toyko Ghoul vol.13 that THIS volume was to be the final volume of the series.

How did it fair? Without spoilers, this was an ending. I imagine given it's nature, this was probably very controversial among the more die hard fanbase. I'd expressed before how some panels were too busy and/or chaotic, so much so that the scene of motion it was depicting was almost incomprehensible. This Volume cranks that up to 11. Half of the Volume is blur of swirling lines and limbs somehow being severed. Of Mortal wounds you only see from their fallout, not the actual hit itself.

Obviously the big question when discussing a finale is does it end the story, wrap up plot threads etc. For three characters this volume is The End... Not to put too fine a point on it.

As for plot thread resolution, only the immediate one it posed in the previous volume, the outcome of this battle. If anything the final few pages throw out several threads that only deepen the plot. I was trailing off in all fairness and now I have it all I may go back and re-read the whole thing to completion. In the meantime, based purely on what I've just read 5/10

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm

The King of Fighters: Destiny CG animated series now available on YouTube

SNK has released the ninth episode of The King of Fighters: Destiny, its CG animated series based on its The King of Fighters fighting games, on YouTube.

◾Episode 1: “South Town” : http://gematsu.com/2017/08/king-fighter ... le-youtube then autoplay.

Edward Lucas.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:32 pm

All right, Dragon Ball Super was fucking epic this week.

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Yup, hadnt enjoyed an episode that much since Back in cell games, they really made it look totally epic.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:56 pm

I wonder how they are going to enable Goku to sustain that form. And if he becomes able to surely that must be the end of Dragon Ball once and for all. Like who could possibly challenge Goku then?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:46 am

I think if Goku is going to beat Jiren then he is going to have to activate and maintain Ultra Instinct, while Super Sayian Blue, while pushing Kaio Ken to x20. Because you know Jiren has forms that are yet to be revealed. He seemed like he was just getting started.

Also can someone please push the woman who keeps shooting love arrows all the time off the stage. I'm so tired of her.

Presumably while Goku recovers Jiren will fight Hit next, then Universe 6's Brolly

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Well seems Frieza is set to give some energy. So Can see him getting back in the game pretty quickly though looks like hit is taking on Jiren next, I can maybe see a large scale collective attack on Jiren after fighting with hit which will wipe out a lot of opponents.

Hopefully next time Goku reaches Ultimate Instinct he will be able to maintain it, plus with Saiyan strength increasing after every defeat should make their next battle even more epic.

I can maybe see them both going to a time over the with the threat of both universes being wiped out they will turn on the angels.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:58 pm

I can't stop watching the Goku bs Jiren fight. When that music kicks in it just ignites in to awesome

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:19 am

Maybe I'm reaching, but I think Ultra Instinct was Goku at he's base form - no Super Sayian. I don't think Ultra Instinct in and of itself is a new form, I think it's a new power that Goku has tapped in to. If you think about all the levels of Super Sayian that he has, think of them as each one breaks the new level cap.

Go with me on this but like Super Sayian 1 is level 50, SS2 is level 60, etc. I don't think Ultra Instinct is a new level cap, I think it's a boost, or a buff to keep to video game terminology, to Goku at level 10. If that makes sense. If peak level Super Sayian is Goku with maximum health bar, and Kaio Ken is Goku with maximum mana, I think Ultra Instinct is Goku with maximum stats. Which means I think he will be able to go Super Sayian while also activating Ultra Instinct.

Which begs the question, who are they going to come up with to fight Goku when he goes Super Sayian Blue, plus Kaio Ken x20, plus Ultra Instinct?

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 am

Yeah, back when they were training with whis he mentioned that they needed to tap into the ability of movement without thought or something like that, thats clearly what this is, and by the looks of it an ability even gods of destruction find it hard to achieve.

which if its not a new power level as you say then adding forms on top of it will make him a monster that being said if he was in his base form then when toppo and the other character rushed him he might have been able to block them but their power would have overwhelmed him.

so im sure it does also provide a large power boost as well as technique.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:30 am

Nerds.

If I was to watch Dragon Ball where would I start? I've tried in the past but the amount of differing titles and confusion where to start/availablity on steam put me off.

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Really hard to say where to start, My first experience was Z many years back and just remembered being blown away by the action.

But I guess it really depends on you, do you like light hearted anime as much as action, ie goofy kid and friends go on an adventure or more action based?

If the former the original Dragonball has some really entertaining parts, but get a lot more like Z in the second half of seasons. the thing I like about starting with the original is the character building between the characters, but you really wont miss any underlying story jumping straight into Z.

Regarding Z you have 2 options

The original series or the renamed Dragon ball Kai which is essentially a remaster of Z taking out a lot but not all the filler content.
Many people jumping into the series today prefer the later, given my first experience was the former it remains my favourite plus i like the original animation.

Super is great but i feel you definitely need more of an understanding of Z to get whats going on.

Think in next post going to list the Saga's and mark what I feel is essential Whats not.

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:02 pm

List below of all sagas / Series I find hard to advise which individual series in Dragon ball are easier to skip,
it was more individual episodes.

Dragon Ball Sagas
http://dbc11.dragonballcomplete.com/dragonballepisodes/

153 Episode

Emperor Pilaf Saga - Watch
First world Martial Arts Saga - Watch
Red Ribbon Army Saga - *
General Blue Saga - *
Commander Red Saga - *
Fortune Teller Baba Saga - Skippable first half, but quite entertaining if you dont
Tien Shinhan Saga - Watch
King Piccolo Saga - Watch
Piccolo Jr Saga - Watch

* personally I found the red ribbon saga way to long but it does introduce some fun background characters who will be referenced at points in Z, and it does give a loose background to the Androids in Z, certainly found General Blue totally skippable.

Dragon Ball Z
http://dbc11.dragonballcomplete.com/dra ... zepisodes/

291 Episodes

Saiyan/Vegeta Saga - Watch
Namek Saga - episodes 39 to 44 (Skippable)
Ginyu Saga - large parts of some episodes are skippable
Frieza Saga - Watch
Garlic Jr Saga - Totally skippable ( if you do watch check out the fim Deadzone first )
Trunks Saga (124 and 125 Skippable)
Android Saga - Watch
Imperfect Cell Saga - Watch
Perfect Cell Saga - Watch
Cell Games Saga - Watch
Great Saiyaman / Otherworld Tournament - (skippable though you would miss out on a few character introductions)
World Tournament Saga - ( first 4 or 5 episodes are skippable but entertaining)
Babidi Saga - Not essential but good
Majin Buu Saga - Essential but lots of filler, large parts are missable.
Fusion Saga - Watch
Kidd Buu Saga - Watch

Only loose guide, you will be able to get the feel of a lot of episodes as they begin.
The last 5 Episodes of Z take plass after current events in Super.