The All New Comics Thread

When the other folders just won't do!
Pious the chosen

Re: The All New Comics Thread

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:13 pm

The next issue should help expand on that, being the halfway point. Overall The man who can escape from anything is seemingly suffering from severe depression and PTSD. There are naturally, fantastical elements to it but that is the general gist.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

King plays with the escape artist angles in ways that would never have occurred to me. In some super risky ways like he’s in to BDSM or something but then times as humorous as a traffic jam. I also love that they always leave the questions open as to how he escapes. He just does.

The thing that confused me the most about this issue is the Funky Flashman (Extremely funny introduction). Is he a human who is actually in PR? Is h also from New Genesis and is trying to massage the earth population in to accepting new gods? If so why? Why do they want to go? Is any of it even actually happening? I don’t know. Super brilliant comic however.

Honestly if they stick the landing on this whole thing, then it will simply be one of the best comics ever written.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm
Honestly if they stick the landing on this whole thing, then it will simply be one of the best comics ever written.
Agreed.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Magneto, bold and arrogant, at his best (UXM #150)

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Hopefully, we will see these kind of X-Men onscreen one day

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Finally got my printer back from my sister....no ink in it of course, ahh family, cant live with them, cant kill them without becoming prime suspect.

Anyway completed my Superman box though it needed 5 clips because of the plethora of titles.

Comic collection : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... N8JUxwprHq

I've kept quite a few, a bit of a mixed bag really...

The Adventures of Superman 463 : Superman Vs. The Flash in which Mxyzptlk forces the pair to race.

Superman 10 : A great little Lex Luthor story in which he plays with Superman overloading his powers and gets away with it by issues end.

The Adventures of Superman 474 : A strong morality tale on responsibility from Clark Kent youth in Smallville (Superman free).

Superman 22 : In which Superman executes General Zod, Zaora and Quex and was the start of his mental breakdown and self exile from Earth.

I'm also keeping a few of his Elseworlds books such as the Tarzan and US President issues.

Anyway here's a few of the covers I liked from the ones I want rid of...

Treating men and women the same makes them different, and treating them differently makes them the same.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Well that's Batman done as well.

Comic Book Collection : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... N8JUxwprHq

I've kept a lot of the Dark Knight books with story's such as Venom and Gothic and I just had to keep Dark Night Dark City, loved the way Batman was forced to slit the throat of a new born baby by the Riddler (and the Mike Mignola cover arts nice to).

Also kept what I think is my favourite Batman story "Victims" a small three parter in Batman TNA 414 and Batman 421/422, no super villains in this one just a nasty pair of serial killers and a great twist ending shows the at times just how powerless Batman's code makes him.

Anyway here's some of the better cover art from box 8....

8) always nice to see some Bolland, not his best but not bad...

And I cant mention Mignola with posting something of his...

But looking back I think my favourite cover art for Batman was from Alan Davis and Paul Neary, its always very clean and well coloured ...

Treating men and women the same makes them different, and treating them differently makes them the same.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm

The Man That Murdered Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7asAVHdbbo

How did Marvel go from The House of Ideas... to the House of Ideologues? It started with one man, and one comic.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:22 pm

I wonder if JeanGrey coming back to life will make Scott good again?

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:59 pm

New This Week

Mister Miracle #6

Still the best comic book I've read in at least a couple decades. The dialogue remains so compelling while otherwise banal at face value. Maf, you may not have your questions answered by the mid-point after all... 9/10

Doom Patrol #10

This book suffers from ever more frustrating delays. I need to skim through the previous issue to remember what's actually happening. Not due to the writing, so much as trying to recall a book I read several months prior. When invested however, this has gone suitably bat-sh*t insane by this point in the arc and I couldn't even imagine where it is going at this point. 8/10

That said there is an ad in the book for an upcoming Justice League/Doom Patrol crossover... Not too thrilled about that idea or interested.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:46 pm

Doom Patrol I heard about to late so now I’ll wait for the trades.

Looking forward to MM #6, got it sitting at home

Doomsday Clock has turned in to a bi-monthly release I heard. Which I saw hard to bare because I need to know what is happening.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:57 am

Does anyone know of a good comic book site that keeps super up to date about what's coming out and what's good? It's easy enough to play around in Marvel and DC and know what I want (Some Vertigo stuff leaves me a little lost) but I started going in to Forbidden Planet's other publishers like IDW and Darkhorse and Boom and what not and I literally have no idea what I'm looking at

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:57 am
Does anyone know of a good comic book site that keeps super up to date about what's coming out and what's good? It's easy enough to play around in Marvel and DC and know what I want (Some Vertigo stuff leaves me a little lost) but I started going in to Forbidden Planet's other publishers like IDW and Darkhorse and Boom and what not and I literally have no idea what I'm looking at
https://www.previewsworld.com/NewReleases

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Some Classic (pre-MCU) Marvel

The Original Defenders

The Champions

Some for Maf...

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 pm

:lol: came across this old public safety message whilst scanning a 1977 Plastic Man care of Superman (or the Boy Scout as Batman would say)

Dr. Stewart-Williams.