Keeping Fit!

When the other folders just won't do!
Coyote Smith

Re: Keeping Fit!

Post by Coyote Smith » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 am

Recently I stopped drinking and eating bread/pasta/crap, and started going to the gym four times a week. I've lost over a stone in a month. I'm really amazed at how quickly I've been able to lose it, I feel a lot better about myself and I look better. If you can afford it, I can't recommend seeing a personal trainer enough. Before I did, I did not feel confident at all in the gym, and felt like I didn't know what I was doing. Now, I feel far more confident, and can go in for around two hours and not feel self conscious at all. I should have done this years ago.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 am

I couldn't use the PT's at my gym, far too intimidating. One of them you can see his abs through his polo shirt :shock: I would be far too self conscious to get anything out of that.

Hmantooth

Post by Hmantooth » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 am

Struggled with my weight for years, fluctuating between 120 - 150Kg. Tried loads of different fitness things, diet things and eventually settled on regular swimming, crossfit and weight lifting. Im still at the 145Kg mark, but have lost a lot round th emiddle and am starting to bulk up now. Swimming is awesome!

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:43 am

I'm playing with the 100 push ups app - the most I've done in a session is 135 and in a row - 36. I'm guessing the further I go I'll end up doing 100 in one go? Whatever happens.....I'll be good at hand stands.
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)

Hmantooth

Post by Hmantooth » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 am

What's the push app? Not heard of it before?

36 pushups in one hit is ace, i struggle with 12!

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:23 am

36 is impressive if you ask me, Before I started down the gym I would have struggled to get to 10, Wasnt overweight far from it, for some reason just couldnt do them, tried again the other day and did manage to breeze through them, only problem is my wrists are quite thin dont take the strain very well.

Can somebody recomend some good wrist strengthening excercises? :P

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 am

Snaggletooth wrote:Can somebody recomend some good wrist strengthening excercises? :P
Badum Tish! :lol:

@Hmantooth - look for 100pushups (yellow and black picture) there's also a 200 (!?) sit ups one as well which I have but have not tried (trouble finding the time :( )

richhoyle24

Post by richhoyle24 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:37 am

I've been going to the gym for nearly two months now. I've lost nearly a stone but my game time has also halved my game time :D . Most PT's are nice normal people and I always book a female one anyway! :D
Gamertag BigRich1979 I bought a gamecube at launch for £400 :( but then I won a limited edition Arkham City 360 so balance has been restored! :)

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 am

A push up App :? Counting in your head also works...
richhoyle24 wrote:I've been going to the gym for nearly two months now. I've lost nearly a stone but my game time has also halved my game time :D . Most PT's are nice normal people and I always book a female one anyway! :D
I found that also. I'm only at the gym from start to finish 2 hours max but gaming and most other stuff kind of falls away as I don't have the energy to do much else when I get back.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 am

The app is good as it tells you how to perform push ups, sets reminders, logs and graphs, and the push ups are in varied sets with rest timers and also tests you once a week.

hainguyen178

Post by hainguyen178 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:33 am

my body is inherently fit. i eat a lot but i can't be fatter. i think whether you can keep fit or not depends on each person's nature

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:30 pm

Well tried something new today, started Bouldering which will add a bit of variety to just going to the gym, used to love rock climbing as a kid, and hadn't done any in about 15 years at a guess, a little bit rusty but quite please with how I done, certainly going to have to work a bit more on my upper body strength but in all should be pretty good.

therealjaxon

Post by therealjaxon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:25 pm

That's handy - living in Brighton, start at the beach and climb the cliffs :D

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Think Ill stick to comforts of an indoor wall with protective matting for now :D

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

I have let me gym membership lapse since I have only been about five times this year and since my financial situation is a little unpredictable at the moment. I am also fatter than ever.