Keeping Fit!

When the other folders just won't do!
One-armed dwarf

Re: Keeping Fit!

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Started working out again recently, best I've felt in a while. Discovered a little exercise called glute ham raises, makes my bum feel like it's going to explode :shock: Although I can only do them with negative reps so far :oops:

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:15 pm

One-armed dwarf wrote:Started working out again recently, best I've felt in a while. Discovered a little exercise called glute ham raises, makes my bum feel like it's going to explode :shock: Although I can only do them with negative reps so far :oops:
Thats amusing I get the same feeling after eating a vindaloo.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sun May 29, 2016 11:30 am

I finally seem to have got the hang of losing weight. I've dropped about a stone and a half since the end of March. I never liked the way that I could see local hilly landmark 'Arthur's Seat' from very near my house, taunting me, so I decided to walk up it. I attempted it last week but somehow went miles off course and ended up at the Cameron Toll shopping centre. Luckily I used to go to university near there so I was able to find my way back to the train station to get home.

This week however I took a different route and managed to walk from my front door to the top of Arthur's Seat and back again. It took me two and a half hours in all, including a ten minute rest at the top. I saved some time by walk straight up the steep part of the hill instead of meandering around it like a normal person.

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sun May 29, 2016 11:57 am

Nice going, keep it up !

Picked up a bike last year,which hadnt ridden since September, ep I'm very much a fair weather cyclist, but been back out the last 2 weeks, nothing epic so far, just a few gentle 12 - 15 milers, though todays took me through a load of the sussex country side and some nice dirt tracks.

Nice to get off the main roads and make the most of the mountain bike, though did fall off today at the most bizarre of times giving way to a runner on a twitten and completly lost my balance falling into a bush hard on my wrist.

Think I may have strained it, gonna have to become lefft handed this week, :D

TylerDurden

Post by TylerDurden » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:17 pm

I'm a former national champion powerlifter and bodybuilder of anyone has any diet or gym questions I'll help ye out

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:55 pm

But you're Tyler Durden and you live in Midgar so I don't believe you. :?

TylerDurden

Post by TylerDurden » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Haha, I think I initially joined here about 8years ago maybe, and I still love fight club and ff7