last movie you watched

When the other folders just won't do!
regemond

Re: last movie you watched

Post by regemond » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:51 am

There's also a rape scene. Actual, animated grape. Yes, that's the visual joke they make.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 am

"After release, controversy emerged after anonymous comments attributed to the animators on a Cartoon Brew article suggested that the animators at Nitrogen Studios worked under poor conditions and were forced by director Greg Tiernan to work overtime without pay.[51] A total of 36 of the 83 animators were blacklisted and went uncredited in the film, believed to be due to their complaints; comments made in anonymous interviews by some of the animators involved in the project by Variety, The Washington Post, and The Hollywood Reporter alleged that the comments were accurate. All the animators in the film were reportedly told outright that they would be blacklisted if they did not work overtime without pay"

Meanwhile Seth Rogen, James Franco and all their fellow useless stoner pals make a packet of just talking shit over other people's hard work
🌚

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:25 am

regemond wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:51 am
There's also a rape scene. Actual, animated grape. Yes, that's the visual joke they make.
I'm not even shocked honestly. Totally fits the tone-deaf, well, tone of everything I saw in the first 15 minutes.

I also remember those stories about underpaid staff. This movie is a trainwreck in every possible way but still made millions.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Glass trailer
https://youtu.be/oAALE9m47dc

I stopped watching cause it is showing too much, but getting a sort of evil Nick Fury vibe off of Sam Jackson's character which is very cool

Like what if this film ends up being kind of brilliant. I think it could be but who knows
🌚

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Isn't that Shymalayan's next thing? I'd rather not get my hopes up.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 am

Here’s a kind of underwhelming but still a curious teaser for the live action Aladdin movie next year?

https://youtu.be/9g5knnlF7Zo

It looks nice and those few notes of Friend Like Me, well you can’t go wrong with that. But this teaser didn’t excite me, really. Aladdin is one of only 3 or 4 animated Disney movies I liked as a kid so I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 am

I'm actually interested in all of those projects. Mulan is being made as well and that's one of my favourite animated movies of all time. I'm also kind of curious about Ariel, but mostly because I want to know if Disney will be doing a movie with a girl in a bikini in 2019 or not.

Aladdin teaser looks nice. The make or break for this will be Genie's design for me.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 pm

I still don't get why these Live Action remakes exist? The Lion King makes the least sense as there only animals in the entire film.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Because coming up with new stuff is hard. It’s easier to remake old stuff in a new way with new tech

The only one I’ve seen is Jungle Book and actually that was pretty good bar the awkward song in the middle

That was the weird part for me. Mess with the characters and the story all you want. But as soon as you start adding verses that didn’t exist before my brain immediately rejects it

Apparently Will Smith was supposed to voice the genie in Aladdin. I don’t know if he still is. But if he is you know that Friend Like Me will become a rap which will suck. But also no one could do what Robbin Williams did with that song unless they just copy it word for word, accent for accent. Which I’m ok with as long as it’s good

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:55 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 am
Here’s a kind of underwhelming but still a curious teaser for the live action Aladdin movie next year?

https://youtu.be/9g5knnlF7Zo

It looks nice and those few notes of Friend Like Me, well you can’t go wrong with that. But this teaser didn’t excite me, really. Aladdin is one of only 3 or 4 animated Disney movies I liked as a kid so I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested.
UNDERWHELMING?!

They played a bit of Arabian Nights and the other song (EDIT: The other song was Friend Like Me) I can't remember the name of, so fucking hyped.

I've watched it like 7 times already. I will cry at A Whole New World

Lion King, Mulan and Aladdin are basically my childhood in a nutshell, buzzing my tits off.

Also Mary Poppins Returns I am fucking buzzing for too.
maf-me-quick wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:20 pm
Apparently Will Smith was supposed to voice the genie in Aladdin.
He is confirmed as playing Genie.
Pious the chosen wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 pm
I still don't get why these Live Action remakes exist? The Lion King makes the least sense as there only animals in the entire film.

Because people have nostalgic memories watching these Animated Disney classics as kids and sometimes like to feel like a kid and escape the monotony of their adult lives in the present day.

The Lion King will be completely CGI, similar to Jungle Book aesthetics I'd imagine.
Last edited by Blakey on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:03 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Because coming up with new stuff is hard. It’s easier to remake old stuff in a new way with new tech

...unless they just copy it word for word, accent for accent. Which I’m ok with as long as it’s good
Blakey wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:55 pm
UNDERWHELMING?!

They played a bit of Arabian Nights and the other song I can't remember the name of, so fucking hyped.

I've watched it like 7 times already.

Lion King, Mulan and Aladdin are basically my childhood in a nutshell, buzzing my tits off.

Also Mary Poppins Returns I am fucking buzzing for too.
maf-me-quick wrote:
Apparently Will Smith was supposed to voice the genie in Aladdin.
He is confirmed as playing Genie.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Blakey wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:55 pm
Because people have nostalgic memories watching these Animated Disney classics as kids and sometimes like to feel like a kid and escape the monotony of their adult lives in the present day.

That kind of an answer would imply an outlet to recapture that feeling doesn't already exist... OH WAIT, IT DOES :roll:

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Given the massive long running success of the live action Lion King musical stage show, it'd be hugely disappointing if they just CGI'd the live action film.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm

It’ll be the CGI they used for The Jungle Book which was hugely impressive

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:18 pm

shinymcshine wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:56 pm
Given the massive long running success of the live action Lion King musical stage show, it'd be hugely disappointing if they just CGI'd the live action film.
maf-me-quick wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm
It’ll be the CGI they used for The Jungle Book which was hugely impressive
A quick Google search later...

No Jeremy Irons as Scar? So this is instantly inferior...