Brexit the Donald and the New Puritans: Doomed, we're all Doomed

When the other folders just won't do!
One-armed dwarf

Re: Brexit the Donald and the New Puritans: Doomed, we're all Doomed

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Are you confusing Fine Gael with Sinn Fein up above? Otherwise I don't really get it.

Edit: wrt comment by FG MEP

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Nah, more just the idea that the gun has no influence in Irish politics.

Anyway, moving beyond our tiny Isle's....

Now I know the Little Kim the Rocket Man has been dominating the global apocalypse news recently but there's been a very scary attempt to blow up a Nuclear Reactor under construction in the United Arab Emerites by Houthi armed with crude cruise missiles (think WW2 doodlebugs).

The Houthi are of course being supplied by Iran leading to the scary idea of nuclear fallout poisoning the most important shipping lanes in the world.

And today of course we had the assassination of the former president Saleh which will lead to further factional fighting in Yemen and the continuing cold war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:52 pm

sleepery jeem wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:48 pm
Nah, more just the idea that the gun has no influence in Irish politics.
Right, yes. I forgot that we are all Fenians. :roll:

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Pssst, I'm one to :wink:, baptised to confirmed, was even a choir boy :mrgreen:

merman

Post by merman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:14 pm

So Trump has reignited the Middle East by claiming "Jerusalem is Israel's capital". Way to go, idiot.

And David Davis spent months talking about the "detailed Brexit impact assessments", denied Parliament the right to see them, claimed they could only be seen if heavily redacted, defied a Parliamentary vote to publish them in full and then at the Select Committee today admitted they don't even exist. Utterly incompetent.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:40 pm

I like this Leo Varadkar.

About time we stop with the forelock tugging from the Enda Kenny's of this world.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 pm

merman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:14 pm
So Trump has reignited the Middle East by claiming "Jerusalem is Israel's capital". Way to go, idiot.

And David Davis spent months talking about the "detailed Brexit impact assessments", denied Parliament the right to see them, claimed they could only be seen if heavily redacted, defied a Parliamentary vote to publish them in full and then at the Select Committee today admitted they don't even exist. Utterly incompetent.
Was fascinating watching France 24 last night, they had some intellectual talking head on and he started moaning that Trump was telling the truth for the first time, but that the truth has no place in middle eastern politics.

:? really didn't know what to make of it.

As for Davis :roll: the SNP did the exact same thing before the Scottish referendum (somehow sent 230k on it) and when finally pushed had to admit they hadn't bothered either.
One-armed dwarf wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:40 pm
I like this Leo Varadkar.

About time we stop with the forelock tugging from the Enda Kenny's of this world.

Need some context on that one, did a brief search and the first thing to pop was him choking on a steak.....is he the one expecting the nod or giving it ?.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:10 am

:| hmm why is it always last minute deals and turn a rounds in politics.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:38 am

Sigh...where to start....

Brexit Breakthrough or Brexit pull a fast one.

The general impression i'm getting is that May is sliding towards the softest of exits possible, though I understand its going to be a long process the idea of the ECJ having continued primacy over EU residents (and law in associated areas, which in of its self is rather nebulous) for a decade to come irks me.

Also expect that the exit divorce payment will increase, because when has any government got a bill like that right ever.

Though it should be noted I have no issue with the payment in of its self.

Moving on to the Irish question, I should state that i'm quite happy for Ireland to reunify, the only downside I can see will be a large influx of orange numpty's to Scotland.....Oh and a new low level guerrilla war for FREEDOM by those that remain of course but this will then be the EU's problem not ours.

Did come across one article today that shows the Irish government has in fact already set up a Hard border though it seems its to score political points rather than set the rules....

"Irish border spat leaves British fishermen struggling."

Northern Irish fishing vessels have been banned from Irish inshore waters for the first time since 1965, the Voisinage agreement signed in 65' (8 years before joining the EU) allowed free access which by the way Irish vessels still have in the North.

Seems its Brexit motivated as Ireland wants to put pressure on our Fisheries minister to keep allowing Irish boats access to British waters

Speaking of fish we have an amusing story of poor innocent Vegans being forced to heat their homes and power their lives with dead fish :lol:

Seems that some vegan found out that fish farms across Scotland pay to dispose of the dead and not fit for sale fish to be turned into electricity and are "horrified" by this brutal assault on their wholesome lives.

:twisted: I wonder if i should let them know that or the last 20 years my Bucher shop like all others in Scotland has paid for its waste scrap and bones to be transferred and incinerated at a site just outside Glasgow the plant uses the biomass as fuel to generate power which the owners get a generous subsidy for.

(ok separate rant there which i'll leave for another day)

Staying North of the Border we have more on the child prostitution happening on the streets of Glasgow with the "Oops we forgot we had that" discovery by Police Scotland of files going back 5 years into the problem of Romanian girls being put out to sell.

Yup it was only month ago viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36764&start=660#p589846 that this first hit the headlines and it does now seems that for the sake of the Holy PC the polis turned a blind eye.

In related news it seems that the Taxman however doesn't give a f##k about the Holy PC with the announcement of the arrest and deportation of over 30 Romanian men for the tax evasion and embezzlement of over £1.000.000 in Glasgow.

:lol: also couldn't help but admire the brass balls on the SNP MSP who then complained that it wasn't right to deport the thieving feckers as it would leave their wives and children stuck alone on Scotland... :? why it only means they be able to claim more money for hardship.

And finally in a display of irony of mythic proportions a survey has revealed that 75% of 16-24 year olds feel sad when people think their snowflakes.

Self fulfilling prophecy or what :lol: .

merman

Post by merman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Just a reminder.
The divorce bill is money the UK owes the EU anyway, including investment in research and medical programs that run until 2020. Plus a share of the money is towards the pensions of British members of the European Parliament. Including that arse Farage, who barely did any work to deserve his.

Theresa May has basically capitulated on all the "red lines" she set out after becoming PM.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 am

As I said I don't begrudge paying what we've committed to but at least we'll hopefully stop paying for lunacy's like the moving back and forth to France.

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 am

The Irish gov for some reason get the blame for Monday's deal falling apart, then once all is resolved and it seems like we can get on with phase 2 David Davis goes on TV and says that actually really it doesn't matter what was promised because nothing is promised really until everything is agreed. It's just a statement of intent init.

How does one conduct negotiations in good faith with these twits when seemingly they can't be made to commit to anything.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm

He’s name is David Davis?