The Rant Thread

When the other folders just won't do!
maf-me-quick

Re: The Rant Thread

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:03 pm

It makes my brain fritz. I don't know how to describe it other than like someone is pushing my brain from the back trying to fold it in half

It's really distracting while trying to explain things

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 pm

That doesn't sound too bad to be honest but I've always preferred talking to my bosses compared to being with my colleagues. With your boss you know it's usually work-related so you go over your thing and then you're done but if you're sitting in an office with the same people for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week and they start talking about random stuff and just generally doing smalltalk – yeah, that's the part where I'm lost. I mean if we were four Marys we'd just talk about Metroid and Street Fighter but, I dunno, pets and cooking and sport? No idea, I'll just finish my work quicker then I suppose.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 pm

On the news today they stated that announcements on the Underground will no longer say "Ladies & Gentlemen" instead saying "Hello Everyone".. To be "more inclusive" :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

INCLUSIVE OF WHO?!? I must have missed the memo that Aliens have landed already :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Pious the chosen wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 pm
On the news today they stated that announcements on the Underground will no longer say "Ladies & Gentlemen" instead saying "Hello Everyone".. To be "more inclusive" :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

INCLUSIVE OF WHO?!?
Probably transgender folks I'd guess.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:17 pm

I can't remember all the details but I had a dream last night that I was Spider-Man but in like, an obstacle course island and it was great swinging from tree to mountain but then I started showing off on the beach by doing one armed handstands and shit and then we got attacked by speeding landsharks and some variation on an army of perverts so I left everyone to die and just kept swinging around and it was awesome

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:22 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:17 pm
I can't remember all the details but I had a dream last night that I was Spider-Man but in like, an obstacle course island and it was great swinging from tree to mountain but then I started showing off on the beach by doing one armed handstands and shit and then we got attacked by speeding landsharks and some variation on an army of perverts so I left everyone to die and just kept swinging around and it was awesome

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 pm

:lol: :lol:

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Man

I just had one woman sitting to the side of me on the bus saying she's going to China for a few months

One woman sitting in front of me on the phone super bubbly she just got a new job that 20,000 a year more than her last job

One guy got on the bus with probably the best looking girl in town

There were a bunch of guys who got on the bus because they're heading in to town, clearly going to party, I have no idea why.

I'm having lasagne tonight. Pre-made

Oh god please let this next smoke be the one that kills me people are so depressing

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Okay, next bus. Let's see how bad this one wants to beat me

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Although I just saw a bit of graffiti that read "Anarchy Tampons" so I guess it's not all bad

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Look at some of these photos I took of the storm. Taking pictures of lightening is hard

You should see some of the shots I missed holy shit it's been putting on a show tonight

Wow look at this one

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:33 pm

I had the same storm here too @maf and can confirm it was properly mental.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Look at the new one! It almost looks like day time

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am

I now feel a weird dampness under my knees when walking. Still the earliest appointment I can get with my GP is the 31st and best case is I'll get a referral to a physio and still have to wait ages.

Internet says it can be anything from overworked knees, a pinch nerve or something related to the spine. Considering my spine is made up of stuff similar to the shit Wolverine has inside of him it could be that. At least I hope it's something as 'benign' as that and not something wrong with my brain which is also a possibility

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:16 am

So frustrating because my brain is like 'I wanna run and swim and hike' but my body is like 'lol fuk nah you weakling'