Post when you complete a game 2009

Got a high score accomplishment to boast about? Stick it here...
PRNelson

Post when you complete a game 2009

Post by PRNelson » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:27 pm

New Year so a nice new clean slate!

I'll start with...

Streets of Rage 2 (XBLA, Normal)

This morning after getting some Live Points for xmas and deciding I wasn't patient enough for the Ultimate Mega Drive Collection out in February.

Bob Syko

Post by Bob Syko » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:38 pm

If you don't mind putting up with my complete lack of skill on anything 2D I wouldn't mind going through that bad mother with you, we can get those versus achievements as well while we are at it.
BAH-WEEP-GRA-NA-WEEP-NINNY-BONG!

PRNelson

Post by PRNelson » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Yeah, that would be cool. There's the cheive for completing the game in co-op and I don't think it matters what difficulty. We'll sort it out soon, or just send me an invite if you see me online.

rumblecat

Post by rumblecat » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Mother 3 (GBA)

I loved it, maybe not as good as Earthbound but pretty special anyway. The guys did a fantastic job with the translation, and there were some great moments in there. Genuinely funny too and surprisingly emotional and dark in places. I really liked the addition of rhythm action in the battles as well. I'd heard it was meant to be quite short, but it took me about thirty hours or so. Bit sorry it's finished I guess.

PSN / 360 : rumblecat1
Gamecentre : rumblecat

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:52 pm

My First of the year, Well apart from I done most of the ground work last year.

Bioshock

Andy Kurosaki

Post by Andy Kurosaki » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Banjo Kazooie- Nuts & Bolts-360. If you fancy something different, funny, and a pleasure to play, you can't really go wrong with this great game.

Bob Syko

Post by Bob Syko » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Mirror's Edge (360)

Did it without shooting anyone which was much easier than I thought it would be, only part that was really troublesome was the server room near the end which made me feel like ripping my eyes out to make the pain go away. Especially when I had finally cleared the room of bad guys and saw that they had missed one of the servers, I was all like, "nooooooooooo!!!!" A quick visit to the Internet though revealed that you can fire the guns, you just can't fire them at people, phew and all that jazz.

Games!!!

Post by Games!!! » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:21 pm

Andy Kurosaki wrote:Banjo Kazooie- Nuts & Bolts-360. If you fancy something different, funny, and a pleasure to play, you can't really go wrong with this great game.
Yeah, the reviewers were way harsh on this, it was a great little game. I get the impression they just ran through it with stock vehicles as they had a deadline to meet, and didn't get full enjoyment out of it.

neoviper

Post by neoviper » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Resistance 2 (PS3)

Managed to drag myself away from the cooperative mode to complete the Resistance 2 solo campaign today! Was great fun, but didn't seem as tough as the original overall. Looks like I'll be going back through on hard!
Last edited by neoviper on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richman

Post by Richman » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Professor Layton And The Curious Village (DS)

Hot diggity - this was awesome! :D Apart from a couple of puzzles which had less than accurate descriptions to start with this was great fun from start to finish. Can't wait for the next one :)
ImageImage

PlatinumSpectre

Post by PlatinumSpectre » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Bob Syko wrote:Mirror's Edge (360)

Did it without shooting anyone which was much easier than I thought it would be, only part that was really troublesome was the server room near the end which made me feel like ripping my eyes out to make the pain go away. Especially when I had finally cleared the room of bad guys and saw that they had missed one of the servers, I was all like, "nooooooooooo!!!!" A quick visit to the Internet though revealed that you can fire the guns, you just can't fire them at people, phew and all that jazz.
You... you do know you can just punch/kick the servers yourself...

right?
Xbox LIVE: PlatinumSpectre PSN: PlatinumSpectre Nintendo Network ID: UltimateStorm

Bob Syko

Post by Bob Syko » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:39 pm

PlatinumSpectre wrote:You... you do know you can just punch/kick the servers yourself...

right?
Punching and kicking electrical equipment is stupid and dangerous.

OnThinIce

Post by OnThinIce » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Bob Syko wrote:
PlatinumSpectre wrote:You... you do know you can just punch/kick the servers yourself...

right?
:lol:

Rain

Post by Rain » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:34 am

Bob Syko wrote:

right?
It makes you feel better though. And superior. For all it's smug computing intellect, it can't beat a good boot in the circuits :lol:

Rotek

Post by Rotek » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm

And my list this year begins with:

Mirror's Edge (360): Excellent game, I liked it a lot. A bit too frustrating for its own good in some places, though. And it could have done with either a lot more of everything (levels, puzzles etc.) or a lot less (a bit like Portal, I suppose). I hope DICE make a sequel, actually, just to refine it all a bit. But generally, I loved it. Might try and go back through without shooting anyone at some point, but I think I'd probably end up shooting myself.

Read my eBooks! | Read my blog! | Read all the things!