Geometry Wars 2

Got a high score accomplishment to boast about? Stick it here...
SwitchThe Munky

Post by SwitchThe Munky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Pink dots :D Nah, it's gotta be the little green stalkers :shock: not the swarms they come in, it's when there's only one 1 left, try and catch in up against a wall, then bam, I fly right into it :x Either them or the heat seekers :shock: I can't deal with them in the sequel, the hot spot is waaaaaay too small, I have to bomb them every time :evil: What a waste.

On my Deadline I didn't die. My Deadline tactic is:- I always restart a run if I have less than 500x multiplier in the first minute, also if you die in the first minute, just restart, it's pointless going on. Also dying in the last 30sec is a very big no no. I fly clockwise around the border. Try and fly through gates as a last resort, you can get some pretty good rebounds going if you have enough of them on the screen, rebounds = big multipliers :D . I always takeout black holes as soon as they appear, remember to pick up the + shaped geoms they drop, they're worth +5 to your multiplier. When I use a bomb, I go diagonal corner to corner to pick up the most geoms.

So Duffman, what's your Waves secret, I am so shite at that one :cry:
meu02136 wrote:The only reason to have online friends, to reassure yourself that you're awesome.

Duffman

Post by Duffman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:35 pm

Kill the first wave without even moving, collect all the multipliers. Try to get all the second one too.

Once the huge waves appear, you get the most multipliers if you're on the edge it spawns, at the top or bottom of the wave. Shoot it, then go diagonally across, following the wave, so you go into the path of each enemy you destroy.

Of course, within a minute it starts getting too hectic, then you need to stay fairly close to the middle, and just blast gaps in the waves so they go round you.

Gates get HUGE points in waves though, the problem is you can't shoot through them so it's a bit hit and miss.

filthwizard

Post by filthwizard » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:17 am

Checking out all these scores makes my attempts look very feeble indeed :cry: Most of my lives are lost by snakes spawning on my head! :wink:

D.Metal

Post by D.Metal » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Hey... ummm, is it ok if I add some of you guys to my friends list so I have some scores to compete against?

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:52 pm

D.Metal wrote:Hey... ummm, is it ok if I add some of you guys to my friends list so I have some scores to compete against?
Dont bother adding Switch, it will only make you feel sad inside.

SwitchThe Munky

Post by SwitchThe Munky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm now the top of GeoWrs Retro Evo friends highscore table, sorry Liam, you had a good run though :D
meu02136 wrote:The only reason to have online friends, to reassure yourself that you're awesome.

Andy Kurosaki

Post by Andy Kurosaki » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Indeed. Unless you want to cry tears of KP Roasted Peanuts, don't add Switch. Otherwise your head will melt like that nazi in Raiders of The Lost Ark. Or something. :wink:

CcraiggyO

Post by CcraiggyO » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:44 am

Andy Kurosaki wrote:Indeed. Unless you want to cry tears of KP Roasted Peanuts, don't add Switch. Otherwise your head will melt like that nazi in Raiders of The Lost Ark. Or something. :wink:
I know. Even though i am technically without a job, i still do not have the time to beast these high scores. Christ Monkey! :shock:

SwitchThe Munky

Post by SwitchThe Munky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:25 am

CcraiggyO wrote:Even though i am technically
Hush now, you help to create greatness.BTW I still want a copy of your solo effort. :D

Woffls

Post by Woffls » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:17 pm

filthwizard

Post by filthwizard » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 am

That was pretty interesting, good effort Woffls! I've been inspired to go back and attempt to better my scores now after I'm through with Okami.

D.Metal

Post by D.Metal » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:16 am

I added a few of you guys yesterday, hope you don't mind.

I also added Switch just out of curiousity...

Andy Kurosaki

Post by Andy Kurosaki » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:02 am

heh, in the words of The Hives, "hate to say i told ya so". :wink:

Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Do you feel little now?

code selfish

Post by code selfish » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:42 pm

effing, bastard, swine of a game. Made it to the last level of Sequence for the first time, still had two smart-bombs but those filthy aggressive little beggars killed me. I dread that noise they make, they're the head crab of Geometry Wars. First time in quite a while I've shouted at the telly :evil: .