Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Millennium Falcon 180!

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Blakey

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Millennium Falcon 180!

Post by Blakey » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:36 am

Developer: Motive, Criterion, DICE
Publisher: EA
Platform: PC, XB1, PS4
Release Date: November 17th, 2017

Single player campaign confirmed:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/01/sta ... ayer-mode/
Our next Star Wars Battlefront will be even bigger, taking players into more locations, and allowing them to play with more heroes and characters across multiple Star Wars eras. There will be new ways to play, including an all-new single player campaign, and much, much more that we're excited to share with our players in the months ahead. To build a game of this magnitude, we've brought together three great studios -- DICE, Motive, and Criterion -- and aligned their areas of expertise to deliver an amazing experience in the next Star Wars Battlefront.
Leaked trailer:
https://vimeo.com/212842535

Full reveal trailer (and hopefully gameplay) at Star Wars Celebration 2017, April 15th at 6:30pm GMT
Last edited by Blakey on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

Blakey

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2

Post by Blakey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Last edited by Blakey on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Should I watch it then yawn or can I cut out the middle man?

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Release date is November 17th, 2017.

Entire SWBII Panel from Celebration:

https://youtu.be/-f7FkuldLAA
maf-me-quick wrote:Should I watch it then yawn or can I cut out the middle man?
If you love Star Wars watch it as I think you'll love it, if you don't then go to bed 8)
MFGamers Twitter

bellow

Post by bellow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:40 am

Mmm. I wouldn't mind playing a nice single player campaign in that universe. Probably be some half arsed tack on.

Terrible pop in at the beginning of that trailer :D
PSN: bellow
XBOX live: nebrad16

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:31 am

bellow wrote:Mmm. I wouldn't mind playing a nice single player campaign in that universe. Probably be some half arsed tack on.

Terrible pop in at the beginning of that trailer :D
That's what I'm concerned about. I'd be down with a solid single player component but I'm betting on a half assed 4-6 hour campaign that is essentially the multiplayer game with bots. I'll be so happy if I'm wrong though!

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Well you guys haven't read/watched the links have you ;)

The single player campaign follows the commander of Inferno Squad commander Iden Versio (played by Sleepy Hollow's Janina Gavankar) through 30 years of her life, going from her origins in the prequel era, the aftemath of Endor and into the First Order era with Kylo Ren.

You'll also get to see what happened to Luke and other 'heroes' in the years between the prequel and original trilogy eras.

And best of all IT'S CANON :D :D :D

Iden has her own squad on Land and Space, they mentioned her being there before/after key moments in the main series and witnessing them herself.
MFGamers Twitter

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:48 pm

I'll judge by what the finished game is, not what EA (the most trusted of publisher) says I'm afraid. Battlefield anyone? Short single player campaigns that are barely worth it compared to the main part of the game - the multiplayer. I'll be glad if it turns out good, I'm just not holding my breath at this moment.
Also kinda gutted that it takes place after Return of the Jedi. I'd love to have had a Battlefront style "best of" parts of the movies (basically a set of set pieces that take you from episode 1-8) - I think the original Battlefront did that?
I actually enjoyed the newest Battlefront though, it was simple enough for me to get into, plus it looked amazing and the sound direction was fantastic. But I tire of multiplayer games quick for whatever reason (well, apart from Destiny) so if the single player is over quick I don't think I can justify the asking price at launch, especially with so many big games out around the time. Hope I'm priced wrong though, an epic single player SW adventure is totally something that I want.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:33 pm

I get what you're saying, I just have more faith in EA's new studio (Motive) to handle the Campaign I guess, Battlefield 1's 'war stories' were pretty good too, not great but definitely a huge step up from BF3/BF4's mediocre attempts.

The fact it's canon makes it a must play for me regardless of whether it's 6 or 20 hours long.

As for the MP side, I got burnt out on the original pretty quickly too, after around 20 hours, the depth just wasn't there for me to continue to invest time in it but it sounds like they've remedied that in this too by putting out more maps and having character classes and deeper customisation of weapons etc.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan so I was always going to get this, and I'll wait to see gameplay footage before blowing my load but at the moment the signs are very positive and I'm officially on board the hype train.
MFGamers Twitter

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 am

Judging by Amazon this game is pre-ordered out the ass already

sleepery jeem

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Gorgon genocide

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:13 pm

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 2 - Gameplay and First Impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNPScBe4cl8
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Single Player Campaign - Behind the Scenes:

https://youtu.be/pryBP4K-_34
MFGamers Twitter

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:22 pm

MFGamers Twitter

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:31 am

Just watched some of the open beta. This game looks like dog shit.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:41 pm

Having actually played it I'm pleased to report it's definitely not dog shit, and if you're a Star Wars fan its pure fan service.
MFGamers Twitter