Destiny 2 |OT| Lance Reddick Simulator 2017

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: Destiny 2 |OT| Lance Reddick Simulator 2017

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 pm

I am

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Some Destiny 2 Microtransaction loot gives you a gameplay advantage
Destiny streamer KingGothalion was inspecting the possible contents of Bright Engrams, which can be purchased for Silver, Destiny's real-money currency, at microtransactions store Eververse.

The possible contents of Bright Engrams include the following:
Ability cooldown armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that decreases the cooldown of one Arc, Solar, or Void subclass ability." Can affect Super, grenade, or melee abilities.

Character stats armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that slightly enhances a character stat." Can affect resilience (increases shield HP), mobility (increases movement speed), or recovery (shields regenerate faster).

Weapon stats armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that slightly enhances the weapon stats of an equipped Primary, Energy, or Power weapon." Can affect handling (equip speed), stability (recoil strength), and reload speed (obvious).

Elemental weapon mods: "Chance to contain a weapon mod that changes the element of an Energy or Power weapon."

Here's the archive of KingGothalion's stream. He checks out Eververse at 04:14:50.

There's no question that these mods confer a gameplay benefit; changing the elemental property of a gun will help pop some enemies' shields in PvE, higher stability equals more accurate shooting, and lengthy ability cooldowns were a key point of feedback from the console beta.

It's important to point out that, after you reach level 20, Bright Engrams will drop whenever you gain a new experience level (like Motes of Light did in the original game), meaning that you can earn an unlimited number during the course of normal gameplay. The gear that uses these weapon and armour mods can't be equipped before level 20, either, so there's no reason to spend money on Bright Engrams until then.

The actual gameplay impact of these mods remains to be seen, but unless it turns out to be huge, I wouldn't personally call 'pay-to-win'.

Silver doesn't seem to be listed on PSN or Xbox Live yet, but we know how much it'll cost thanks to a GameStop flyer unearthed by Hunticeland on Twitter. According to that:

1000 Silver + 100 bonus costs $9.99
2000 Silver + 300 bonus costs $19.99

As for Bright Engrams, according to KingGothalion's stream, here are their prices:

One Bright Engram costs 200 Silver
Three Bright Engrams cost 500 Silver
Five Bright Engrams cost 800 Silver

Besides these weapon and armour mods, Bright Engram contents are comparable to Eververse stock from the original game: they're either purely cosmetic, or armour with stats so low it needs infusion to make it worthwhile, meaning it needs a loot drop from normal gameplay.

Cosmetics have been hugely expanded, however: new items include transmat effects and Exotic sparrows, ships, and emotes - including the excellent 'Salty' emote, which to be fair, I'd pay for. Here's Bungie's FAQ on Eververse and the contents of Bright Engrams - it doesn't mention the mods.
MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Blakey wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:19 pm
Is everyone on PS4 for this (except Jax)?
I believe so. Crazy not to be unless you only have Xbox or a lovely PC.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:28 pm

*OneTwo* wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 pm
Blakey wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:19 pm
Is everyone on PS4 for this (except Jax)?
I believe so. Crazy not to be unless you only have Xbox or a lovely PC.
I concur.

EZA Preview
MFGamers Twitter
“Let fascism find not even a single passage to power or else that poisonous snake will infiltrate into the every vital corner of the country and kill the future of the nation!” - Mehmet Murat ildan

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:42 am

Launch day! I'm strangely excited? I haven't paid attention to this at all so don't know what to expect really

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:00 am

Best way to be. It's bloody confusing to start with aswell :lol:

It's been good. I mean I would say that but genuinely an improvement over D1. I'm four hours in and I've barely touched the story. Been f*cling around in patrol as there's more to do now. Well, everything's new so it makes it crazy. But I think it'll spread out the grind later on.

I'm not sure how big the EDZ is either because I can't go two feet without something kicking off or lost Sector to loot. That's a good thing though. Plenty more activity going on in patrol than D1 and I do love these early hours exploring, where every white and green Engram is useful.

The sounds in this game have moved it up a notch. Absolutely fantastic. A simple chest spawning from an enemy right next to me shit me up! 😂 And the grenades go off with a right pop!

The brief bits of story content are, well, ok. Better than D1. Still a bit, I dunno - limped? Doesn't help I've come straight off the back of Uncharted which is always great at story/character building.

But I don't play this for the story. I want the looooot. I've seen people sub LV 10 (I'm 9) running around with Exotics - where's mine mutha fucka!?

Ah well. 6 hours sleep n back to the EDZ.....

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:24 am

What is EDZ? Earth Defence Zone?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 am

When I get home I best not get the "Servers are busy you are in a que of 300 million people"

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:22 pm

EDZ is European Dead Zone (patrol area).

They've done midnight launches which majorly helps with server stress as the world isn't trying to get on at the same time. Had no issues myself so you should be good 😁

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:03 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 am
When I get home I best not get the "Servers are busy you are in a que of 300 million people"
:!: maybe, maybe not Maf...

Destiny 2 launches smoothly despite reported PS4 Pro crashes

The only other problem to rear its head has been complaints of crashes that look to be linked only to players on PS4 Pro consoles. The issue doesn't appear to be widespread, with many PS4 Pro owners able to play the game just fine, however. Owners of affected consoles are reporting error code 'CE-34878-0' and are having crashes every few minutes that usually require the removal of the power cord to reset the console.

Also...

:lol: Japanese Destiny 2 launch trailer 8) god love the japs for always being different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vII1AGyantY
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:07 pm

*OneTwo* wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:22 pm
EDZ is European Dead Zone
I was close

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Ta-daa?

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 pm

3 copies?!?!?!?! Such a Maf thing to do :lol:
MFGamers Twitter

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:29 pm

It's only 2 copies. The steel book comes with a regular box for whatever reason

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Ah OK fair play, will you sell me the standard edition for £35? :wink:
MFGamers Twitter