Destiny 2 |OT| Lance Reddick Simulator 2017

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: Destiny 2 |OT| Lance Reddick Simulator 2017

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Those things are separate but I still need them.

I don’t know why that means. You want me to raid?

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Oh yeah, I read it wrong :lol:

Only if you want to. It was only casual conversation so not sure when. Maybe some here, or on the other forum, who haven't done it might want to join also.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:45 pm

I’m up for raiding if you’ve got a spot open

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:59 am

Bungie has deactivated the experience point scaling system in Destiny 2. Long story short, the system made it so that the more efficiently you killed enemies or completed objectives, the less experience you'd get.

Essentially, this stopped players from grinding for Bright Engrams -- loot boxes that are dealt out every time that you level up. These Bright Engrams can also be bought with real money from the game's microtransaction store.

Recently, the community started to investigate the system and found evidence of it reducing experience point gains over time. The whole thing was set to blow up, but developer Bungie has acted quickly and issued the following statement:

"We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to. Today, we’d like to describe what’s going on under the hood, and talk about what you can expect going forward when it comes to earning XP in Destiny 2.

"Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events. We are not happy with the results, and we’ve heard the same from the community.

"Effective immediately, we are deactivating this system.

"As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface. Over the course of the next week, we will be watching and reviewing XP game data to ensure that these changes meet our expectations, as well as yours. Any additional updates to this system will be communicated to you via our official channels."

:| so caught with their fingers in the till then :?:
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 am

Been keeping an eye on this in the Reddit. I like how they've responded quickly. You can imagine them thinking they don't want any of the backlash EA got so turn it off quickly :lol:

I never noticed tho. In the golden period of launch there was plenty to do so I got plenty of these bright engrams. I think most either got what they wanted from it, or just don't care because they aren't that enticing - which is odd considering its supposed to entice you, or be stingy with its rewards. The end game grind is non existent (which is another issue) so a lot have stopped playing.

I'm not sure what gains are/aren't had but obviously something was off for them to change it. Goes to show they're fucking around with the reward system everywhere. In a game we paid full price for fun entertainment. I'm glad we continue to catch these f*ckers out.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Starting the new expansion today. Expect the next month to be filled with posts like "Why won't it give me the gun/armour/mod stupid Destiny"

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:05 am

I think I played through all of the content in the first expansion. Meh. Probably 3-4 hours total. I even did a heroic mercury mission, but didn’t get the top tier reward because one of the 3 I picked had a bonus object I’ve of do it in 5 minutes, and I don’t know. Definitely couldn’t do the 5 minute part in my own.

Even the guns I’ve gotten so far have not been great. I’ve literally just used them to level up the guns I already had. Think my main character is now at 314 or something? Assuming the level cap is 350, but I’m not sure

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:06 am

Think we're at the same point. Did the three heroic strikes last night for the fat engram.

Hmm. I'm enjoying it because you know, it's Destiny, but there's definitely a shift in enthusiasm towards the game. Half the team I don't think are bothered. Bungie you fools! What have you done!? :x