Telltale's Batman (Spoilers)

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Killer_Carp

Telltale's Batman (Spoilers)

Post by Killer_Carp » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:55 pm

First episode will be releasing this August. Also, you can buy a season pass in a physical plastic case if you want.

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/1075 ... uring-sdcc
Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects

maf-me-quick

Re: Telltale's Batman

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:23 pm

I will break my rule on this and buy the episodes as they come out.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Just watched the trailer for this. Looks pretty fucking cool, I got to say. Maybe I would have liked to have seen a more of a veteran Batman, writers do like to pick on the "Year 1" theme a lot with this character because it's the easiest part to write about, having said that Year 1 is probably my favourite Batman story so can't complain too hard, I guess.

Also nice to see no Joker. I love the Joker, but he's not the only Batman villain

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Following a previous announcement last week, developer Telltale Games has confirmed that the first episode for Batman: The Telltale Series will debut digitally on August 2nd, 2016 for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android, along with a retail release of the series available in stores on September 13th, 2016.

In addition to the release date reveal, Telltale Games also released a trailer for the first episode of the series, titled “Realm of Shadows,” to showcase the latest tale of Bruce Wayne, his alter-ego Batman, and the visual style which the studio explained is “rendered to look like a living, breathing comic book.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za8G70bbKRY
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

merman

Post by merman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:21 pm

It feels like a good fit for Telltale. Will Batman stop that villain falling off the roof? Will he keep punching a crook to get the information he needs?

The graphic style is excellent too.

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:39 am

Pre-order page for the season pass is up on the PlayStation Store. You get a small discount if you pre-order.
Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Batman Will Be the First Telltale Game with Multiplayer

Telltale's episodic output thus far could be confidently filed in the single player drawer, but the company's trying to change that notion with its upcoming Batman series. According to ShackNews, the title will boast a new feature named Crowd Play, which will enable onlookers to vote on major narrative decisions in the game.

The mode will work a little like the Jackbox games: a unique URL will be generated for each game, and you'll then be able to share that with the people around you – or presumably an audience on, say, Twitch. Said website will then allow participants to interact directly with the game, voting on key plot points as they occur.

It's a nice idea, then, for those who want to get social with a typically story-driven experience – either locally or online. Telltale's said that this feature may be implemented into its future games if it proves popular

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Holy Trophies, Batman! Telltale's New Series Has a Platinum.

Telltale are a little erratic when it comes to Trophies; The Walking Dead: Season One had a Platinum, but its successor didn't for some reason. As such you never quite know what you're going to get from the company, but fortunately, its all-new Batman series will ship with a silvery-blue gong.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:24 am

...and that's news nowadays? :|

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:49 pm

I was going to get this tomorrow but since it's out on the 13th of September on disc I think I'll wait and buy Abzu instead

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm really struggling not to buy this right now because the screenshots look so fucking good. I heard about people saying that the action scenes are seriously lenient QTE's...still waiting f R someone to point out why that's a bad thing. I'm not saying I can't play action games anymore, but all this super tough, learning frame window, ultra precise brutal gameplay shit is just not for me any more. Something story driven, easy but engaging, and covered in Batman sounds about my speed tand be honest.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:38 pm

There hasn't been any challenging action game since Platinum's transformers though. If anything I'd say the current videogame landscape is perfect for people like you at the moment. And I don't mean that in a negative way at all, just an observation.

With Batman I'll do what I've always done: wait for the Season to conclude before buying. It does look nice though and hopefully it's more of a Tales from the Borderlands than Game of Thrones.

merman

Post by merman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Seen some very negative comments on Twitter...

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Well it's apparently broken on PC. Uses the integrated GPU (if it's available) and mouse cursor is extremely unresponsive and performance incredibly slow. But maybe that's not a reflection on how it is holding up on consoles.

Unless the negative commentary is that the game is bad in general, not just technically.

therealjaxon
Location: Starfish Island. Hey, wait a minute....starfish ha ha! - I get it!!

Post by therealjaxon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:03 pm

How can a Telltale Game be broken on a PC?? Its just a fucking story book!! :lol:

Anyways, I'll definitely be getting this :D but, unlike Maf :razz: , I won't be breaking my rule - full game only.
Twitter: XtherealjaxonX
Argue ye not with fanboys lest ye become a fanboy 8)