Horizon Zero Dawn : spoilers !!!

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
*OneTwo*

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn : spoilers !!!

Post by *OneTwo* » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:30 pm

:lol:

Nailed 'im

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:44 pm

No it's just really kind of like everything else. It is a very typical open world game in the same way a FarCry, or Assassin's Creed, or that last Tomb Raider, or like a dozen other things.

That's not to say it isn't enjoyable. It's just also really played out.

It looks stunning, though. No filter.

bellow

Post by bellow » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 pm

I would have preferred it to be more like tomb raider in structure, with open areas rather than an open world. The open world part of the game seemed to have been made by people who had never played an open world game.
PSN: bellow
XBOX live: nebrad16

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:25 pm

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Yeah hmmm. No game. Sorry, no AAA game these days isn't taking from something else. Yes I felt it too borrowed a bit too much from other genre's but what it did worked. Three things are standout that elevate it above being what it dangerously tread on being. 1) Graphics. Not just the nice textures and resolution kind, but differing moods. Like a fine morning mist or searing hot day or moonlit night. It literally pops. It's beautiful. 2) The machines. The combat with the human threat is run of the mill. It's the usual standard. But the machines make it. The sounds, the varying types, the combat system. No game, certainly not this generation, made me feel the 'oh f*ck' moment like running to a collection point to suddenly finding two Thunderjaws patroling around. 3) story. Finally some nice Sci-Fi to get involved in. Some exposition and attention to finer points within an interesting spin. Nothing this gen has got me like Mass Effect or Bioshock. This came close.

I'm not the games biggest fan on here. It's one of the better games this year tho.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm continuing to play because I do think it's enjoyable but also I heard it's a game that evolves and gets more interesting the further it goes. Which I hope is true bye cause the start is s real snooze fest both narratively and mechanically

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Yeah it is probably. I didn't mind as few games bother to take their time these days establishing things.

I mean don't go expecting the second coming or anything. I suggested it because, like me, it was a good one to test out the Pro/4K TV and I wasn't disappointed visually or gameplay wise.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Okay, just turn the light off and let this TV do it's thing and wow

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Yah I just did the first tall neck. In these conditions with this set-up, I mean, yeah. I don't think I've ever seen anything look that good in a game before.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Okay. I just got to the camp north of the Hyper Weave Cave or whatever and holy fucking shit dude. This game just blew me away over and over again. Just stunning greens in the caves and the skybox looks like a freeze framed fireworks. The sound coming out of this sound bar as well. I only played it for about an hour but playing this at night is definitely the way to go. Maybe it' hyperbole but I'm struggling o think of a different word other than transformative to describe this play session.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Aaaaaand.... there it is :)

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Horizon: Zero Dawn Update Lowers the Difficulty for Casual Fans

Horizon: Zero Dawn has been a hit with hardcore gamers – but it’s also resonated with more casual players, too. Aloy is an outstanding character who’s pulled all kinds of players in, but not everyone’s able to beat HZD with their elbows while wearing a blindfold. As such, Guerrilla Games is prepping the release of a brand new patch today which adds ‘Story’ difficulty to the delightful role-playing game.

This is designed to make combat much easier for those who just want to enjoy the narrative. Essentially, it increases the amount of damage you'll inflict on enemies, and obviously lowers the amount that you'll receive.
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:08 pm

I'm honestly having a very difficult time getting around in this game. I know it sounds snide but after playing Zelda I just feel so grounded and immobile. I'm currently looking for a vantage point and don't know how to do that anymore. Not to say that Zelda's climbing is in anyway realistic, but the fact that the climbing in this is so wildly limiting is also immersion breaking.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 pm

I had a similar feeling. Also often I'd be high up and had to stop myself leaping to my doom forgetting I don't have a leaf glider :|

Some rocky hand holds aren't so obvious like the Uncharted games and I must've run around looking for ages a couple of times.

But, small complaint for me.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 pm

I know we all know this, and it's highly superficial, but fucking hell if this game isn't just absolutely stunning at every turn.