Street Fighter V : The Fighters thread.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
sleepery jeem

Re: Street Fighter V : The Fighters thread.

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:54 am

Evo Japan 2018: Where and when to watch

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/25/16933 ... -date-time

Inaugural fighting game tournament takes place in Tokyo this weekend
Treating men and women the same makes them different, and treating them differently makes them the same.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 am

Those MH costumes are really nice. I've really been enjoying SFV again since the AE update, gonna finally get my 300 ranked wins (more than halfway there already).

Also, not sure if this was posted (sorry Jeem!) but I saw this the other day and it reminded me that I need to play KOF XIV again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI71a1dtqYs

Oswald is back!

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Well EG gave DragonBall a gold medal too. Hmm...

The year of Japan continues, I guess

mfnick

Post by mfnick » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:06 pm

Got FighterZ today. Only got to play a couple of fights and did a little bit of the training (which seems really well done for easing you in) but I freaking love what I have played. It looks unreal and just feels great to play. Really smooth and responsive. Looks like chaos but even just after a bit of the tutorial I can already tell what’s going on and I am pulling off great looking combos. & I’m actually doing them on purpose - something I never usually get hang of doing!

Can’t wait to play more :)

PSN - Nick_2k7

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:24 pm

The only complaint I have with DBZ is the garbage lobby system. I really don't remember if SFV was this bad at launch, but getting disconnected when in a lobby when I don't even want to play online yet... whoever thought up that one needs a good smack on the head (along with whoever did the netcode).

Otherwise its amazing. They've been smart in making most things really easy to pull off, so you'll be doing flashy stuff soon after picking up the game. Its exactly the DBZ game I've been waiting for. Excellent stuff :mrgreen:

mfnick

Post by mfnick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Yea the same!! I hate the lobby system. I’m just wanting to practice and play single player at minute but makes you goin a lobby. Which I usually get disconnected from. Really annoying!

PSN - Nick_2k7

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:51 pm

another on the lobby, not even an option for an offline version of it.
Seriously what's wrong with a menu screen.

Other than that echo the Above, seems awesome so far.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 pm

From what I've seen/heard it looks like the non-Super Saiyan Z-Fighter's aren't worthless in this game? Which is definitely a step up from previous DBZ games I've played.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Ouch, that doesn't look good as far as online/lobby feedback goes. Might wait a bit until they fix things before I get into it. Then again I was never really interested in playing it anyway, I just think it looks really damn good.

Snaggletooth

Post by Snaggletooth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:36 pm

You can actually select a lobby, so if you move to one less populated its not so much of an issue

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:36 pm
You can actually select a lobby, so if you move to one less populated its not so much of an issue
I think this might be correct, I managed to stay in a lobby longer when it was one of the less populated ones. Not a fan of online play though, its... very tricky. I could deal with Marvel but I can't deal with this, I've never enjoyed an online fighter less to be honest. Thankfully the single player stuff is ace, so I sure won't be taking part in online matches again for a very long time.

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:11 pm

Pious the chosen wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 pm
From what I've seen/heard it looks like the non-Super Saiyan Z-Fighter's aren't worthless in this game? Which is definitely a step up from previous DBZ games I've played.
Well, Krillin is actually really fun to use. And I've seen some really cool stuff with Tien so far. Never thought I'd see the day where Krillin is actually fun to use... scary times!

Though so far I've been having the most fun with Piccolo, Cell, Gohan (teen) and Goku (SS). Android 16 seemed really cool as well. They definitely nailed the accessibility for each character in the game.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:18 pm

SNK announced The King of Fighters ’97 Global Match for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC at EVO Japan 2018. It will launch this spring.

While The King of Fighters ’97 Global Match is a port of The King of Fighters ’97, it will have online battles as a newly implemented feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHwNDRCvtY
Treating men and women the same makes them different, and treating them differently makes them the same.

Dr. Stewart-Williams.

Pious the chosen

Post by Pious the chosen » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:11 pm
Pious the chosen wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 pm
Well, Krillin is actually really fun to use. And I've seen some really cool stuff with Tien so far. Never thought I'd see the day where Krillin is actually fun to use... scary times!

Though so far I've been having the most fun with Piccolo, Cell, Gohan (teen) and Goku (SS). Android 16 seemed really cool as well. They definitely nailed the accessibility for each character in the game.
Good to hear. It was always a bit of a conceit in the previous DBZ games that unless it was one of the four main villains or a Super Saiyan it was a wasted character slot. I have been impressed by what I've heard about Tien, Android 16 and Nappa. The inclusion of the latter really surprised me, given he doesn't go SS.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:53 pm

New SNK Heroines trailer is heavy on fan service :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sNP7l71miI

Dr. Stewart-Williams.