Street Fighter V : The Fighters thread.

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
sleepery jeem

Re: Street Fighter V : The Fighters thread.

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:17 am

EA Sports UFC 3 announced for PS4, Xbox One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiwpUtdmW-0

Building on the fan-favorite Knockout Mode introduced in EA Sports UFC 2, EA Sports UFC 3 delivers a new suite of multiplayer modes designed for fast, fun fights that are perfect for letting fists fly when playing against friends.

Those looking for a quick social experience can jump into Stand & Bang mode, Submission Showdown mode, or opt to customize their match with unlimited stamina or extra strike damage in Fight Now Custom.

The all-new Tournament Mode offers ultimate bragging rights as players attempt to take on as many opponents as possible in bracket-style elimination rounds with continuous damage and fatigue.
"Make the Left Hate again"

Paolo Gerbaodo : Kings College London.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:55 am

Bandai Namco has released a gameplay video of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 showing the upcoming “Hero Colosseum” content being added to the game as a free update this fall.

Hero Colosseum is described as a “game within the game” with its own story mode where players will experience tactical figurine battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9fv6w_SLrE

8) what a neat little add on.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Let me ask a question about fighting games, because I want to know if anyone has experienced something similar, and if this is just a thing beginners go through, or is it I’m just that slow.

Dragon punch. This is a move I can do I would say 60% of the time. Like fireballs I can do 90% of the time Dragon Punch is so much more infrequent.

However I know like the most basic reason for doing a Dragon Punch is knocking someone out of the air. They try to jump back or something, you’re like no you don’t, Dragon Punch.

But I’m really bad at it. So if I try, and it fails to come out, which as stated is very, very often. Instead of keeping pace with the fight and moving on. I will try to Dragon Punch again. And I will continue to try to Dragon Punch until one of two things happens. I actually manage to do it, hit the opponent or not just continually try until I see it, or the opponent gets bored of me standing around like an idiot and just reverse punishes for being a dumb ass.

The question is does this happen to you guys as well? Do you do that, where you keep trying something even though the moment has passed, is that something you did when you were very amateur as well, and learnt to get over it and keep pace with the fight, or am i just really bad at fighting games and you never had that trouble?

Thoughts?

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:13 pm

The only thing I sometimes tend to do is setting my mind on finishing the game with a certain combo or Super and then losing in the process because I didn't focus on other things or used my meter in better ways.

I guess that goes in a similar direction as far as mental stubbornness goes. It's just a combination of moves instead of just a single one I desperately want to use.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:52 pm

Fan favourite Street Fighter EX characters Kairi, Garuda, Skullomania and more return in Fighting EX Layer

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -ex-layer/

Arika discuss game's Gougi system plus announce two week beta starting after next month's PlayStation Experience

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:59 am

Arcade Fighter GUTS Gets New Character Trailer to Celebrate PC Launch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynaKPzPhWBs

The indie game, developed by Flux Game Studios, is a unique spin on the fighting game genre. While even most modern fighting games implement HP bars, GUTS deviates from the formula. Instead of working enemies down, you literally chop them apart. Players win when they are able to fully dismember their opponents. Believe it or not, even enemies with two limbs hacked off are more than able to defend themselves.

Also...

Warner Bros. Interactive revealed a special event lined up for their fighting game Injustice 2, available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC-via Steam and the Microsoft Store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYyKISv_tM

To coincide with the release of the Justice League film, Injustice 2 will have special Justice League-themed in-game event where players will be able to take on unique challenges in the Multiverse to earn special gear and items found in the film.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm

When Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition hits PlayStation 4 and Windows PC next year, the update will include new moves — specifically new V-Trigger attacks — for every character.

But that’s not all that’s coming in Capcom’s update for Street Fighter 5, as illustrated by a new teaser trailer for Arcade Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWSrQ2ZOnq4

In addition to new V-Triggers, new combo extenders, mix ups and abilities will be added for characters like Ken, Guile, Birdie, Menat, R. Mika, Ibuki and others.

In addition to new moves, Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition will include UI improvements and new modes. The re-release will be priced at $39.99, but existing Street Fighter 5 owners will get that new content for free via an in-game update.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:43 am

I completed all of the story mode and character episodes of Tekken 7. I then turned my attention to the treasure battle mode to unlock items, earn money and rank up my chosen character (Jack-7). I played for most of the day, maintaining concentration so that I could position my character impeccably and react with perfect timing. After 250 consecutive wins I managed to get to 23rd Dan and collect about 30 million currency.

I then read online that all items in the game can be unlocked by playing a total of 2000 matches, win or lose. I set up my designated loser and left the console on overnight with the turbo option of my game stick turned on and a weight over the 'X' button. When I looked this morning I found that Katarina had 600-odd wins, a 70% win ratio, about 20 million currency and a rank of 22nd Dan (just one lower than Jack). And there I was actually playing the game like a schmuck :|

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 am

:lol:

Katarina is really simple and effective though, messed around with her a bit while I was still playing this.

No idea how you found the stamina to go through 250 friggin' fights in that mode though, I always stopped at 30.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 am

It helped that Jack is also pretty cheap. Ever since I started playing in 3 the CPU has had no idea how to deal with his flying rocket stomp move. In general it will just freeze up when you do any move with a variable wind-up, unable to avoid the hit :P

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:46 am

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] Collector’s Edition & Release Date Announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCxYsbfVAbw

– Thrilling cast of characters – A varied cast of 20 characters, including series newcomers Phonon, Mika, Enkidu and Wagner!

– 19 glorious stages – Including 4 beautiful new areas, Cafeteria, Children’s Playground, Momiji Alley and the Cathedral of the Far East.

– Re-balanced gameplay – Old favourites have new abilities and new gameplay elements have been added, including the ‘Veil Off’ system that opens up new combo opportunities.

– Mission Mode – Learn new combos and take on some of the hardest challenges in the game.

– Tutorial Mode – An expansive tutorial mode has been added to the game that teaches all the skills necessary to level up your game.

– Chronicle Mode – Discover the narrative of UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] in a dedicated story mode experience.

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] releases in Europe on February 9th for PS4, PS Vita, and PS3.

Collectors Edition.

– UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] Standard Edition for PS4

– High Quality Presentation Box

– 128 Page Premium Paperback Artbook

– Original Soundtrack CD

– Set of 20 badges featuring the game’s fighters

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:00 am

Katarina got stuck around 30th Dan as she couldn't win consistently enough to stay promoted. I therefore switched back to Jack and managed to grind out a bunch more treasure battles to be promoted to the maximum rank of Tekken God Prime. Leveling was faster after I read that you get far more benefit from defeating opponents of the same rank and almost no benefit from defeating those three ranks above you for example. This is stupid since there is no way to pick your opponents like in previous versions of this mode but I was still able to speed things up a bit by quitting out of unfavourable match ups.

After that I left Katarina to lose a bunch more to round out my 2000 matches and unlock everything. Except for the Tekken Bowling rewards. And Eliza's stuff. Apparently that is all separate :roll:

Finally I checked my trophies and found that I only had a small number to mop up. Sadly I cannot platinum the game without paying for the Playstation Network. The online achievements do look rather easy but it just isn't to be. I hope that I will feel like going back to this at some point since I am still useless with about half of the characters. Raven is probably the worst.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:48 am

Yeah, it's probably the easiest Platinum I came across so far. I played the game for less than a week and at some point I realised I got the trophy without even trying to get it.

Dropped it soon after though. As someone who usually only plays fighting games against other people, Tekken for me was too hard to get into. Knowing all those move strings for every character and also being able to tell which are safe and which aren't was too much.

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Japanese Tekken 7 Tournament Ends with One of the Greatest Comebacks in Fighting Game History

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=griK3S3xUAk

This year's Master Cup Tekken 7 tournament in Japan just ended. A gruelling team competition that lasted the entire day, many of the country's best players took part. It offered up some incredible matches, but the best spectacle of all was saved for last.

Two of the strongest teams in the tournament made it to the grand finals -- Team Yamasa and Anti-Benkei. The former comprises of some of Japan's most well-known players, including the legendary Nobi, and the super impressive Take.

The tournament is single elimination, and teams are made up of five players. The players take turns to fight, with the winner staying in to take on the next opposing team member. If all five members are beaten, that team loses. Players choose their character before the tournament begins, so there's no tactical switching. It's basically tournament Tekken in its rawest form.

The stage was set for Team Yamasa to steamroll the competition, as masterful Hworang player Batsu tore through Anti-Benki like wet tissue paper. Batsu took out four Anti-Benkei players with relative ease, leaving them with just one last hope in Kagemaru -- a Josie player who had looked solid throughout the day.

It was shaping up to be a clean 5-0 grand finals victory for Team Yamasa, but Kagemaru was able to stop the momentum, beating Batsu in a close match. However, with four players still left for Team Yamasa, it seemed as though it was only a matter of time before Kagemaru would run out of steam.

Unbelievably, that never happened. Kagemaru somehow fought his way through the rest of Team Yamasa, beating the likes of Nobi, Take, and Yuu to clinch what will no doubt be remembered as one of the greatest comeback victories in fighting game history. Anti-Benkei were looking down and out just 15 minutes before Kagemaru dragged them from the jaws of defeat and propelled them to the first place podium.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:21 am

I’m watching the cut scenes from MvC Infinite

Yikes. Makes Injustice look Shakespearean in comparison