Video Games +

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
maf-me-quick

Re: Video Games +

Post by maf-me-quick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Switch Skyrim seems so pointless on every level

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm still tempted.

It is one of the GOAT's at the end of the day and has stood the test of time, to be able to dive into something that deep and immersive whilst travelling or something is damn appealing, even in 2017.
MFGamers Twitter
“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” - Albert Einstein

bellow

Post by bellow » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:02 pm

I think it will sell, maybe just for the novelty of having a full scale western rpg, and a revered one at that, in your pocket. For that reason I would probably rebuy GTA5 given the chance, and a bunch of other games too, definitely bayonetta and Final fantasy 15 for instance.

Remember that if the Switch is fulfilling blue ocean goals, ie, opening up different markets that didn't exist before then all bets are off. It's far too early to say if that's happening but there are bits of evidence dribbling in, such as the unexpectedly high sales for Street fighter 2.

Already I've heard a common theme from gaming commentators that it would make no financial sense for any Japanese developer not to make a switch port of any future games, the expectation being that the switch will quickly become (stock permitting) the number one console for the hardcore in that region.
Is it on the Switch?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

I think it will sell because it's Skyrim, but for me who can see using their Switch primarily on the TV, just playing it again with a different controller holds no appeal. Especially after the remaster. Especially especially after I put 150+ hours in to it anyway

But that's just me

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:11 pm

I was reluctant to get Skyrim Enhanced Edition on the PS4, but have really enjoyed playing through it again, especially with the DLC to play through too (even more of a bonus that I got it for just £10 from Smyths a couple of months ago).

Noting that they did a mid-price release for the console version of the Enhanced edition (£24.99) I guess if they do the same with the Switch version it should sell reasonably well.

Personally I still don't think Skyrim is as good as Oblivion, but I reckon any support from Bethesda to the Switch must be a positive step.

Maryokutai

Post by Maryokutai » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Anyone interested in this shirt? It's pretty dope but unfortunately it's a bit too small for me. I'm 1.88 so I'd say if you're not taller than 1.85 (and not overweight either) it should fit.

regemond

Post by regemond » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 am

I feel like maf might be about to hate me...

http://freakersneaks.com/

Mainly for these ones...

http://freakersneaks.com/portfolio-item ... ntendo-iv/

Or maybe these...

http://freakersneaks.com/portfolio-item ... le-zone-i/

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Can someone explain something to me? I've never understood this. But why do people refer to the original PlayStation as PSX?

sleepery jeem

Post by sleepery jeem » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Before being known as the PS1, the first PlayStation console came to be known colloquially by its provisional codename of PSX

(this was adopted to echo the MSX, a home computer standard sold by Sony and other companies throughout the 1980s).

This can cause some confusion as to which device is being referred to.

:| basically its a term used by smug pretentious bores Maf.
Those deceived by religious extremism shall be assisted by resettlement and re-education.

Chinese UN Mission.

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:11 pm

:lol:

I never use it. There was a PSX PS2 DVR hybrid and also the PlayStation Experience event which uses PSX I think so it's an odd term to describe the PS1. There was a PSone which was a cute little PS1 but you see what I did there to differentiate?

But meh. Never bothered me.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm

I always assumed it was for the first big grey PlayStation because I remember after the smaller one came out people started referring to it as the PSOne. Like I remember seeing that written down in magazines at the time. But I was watching a YT video and someone referred to the PS1 as PSX which I haven't heard in forever and reminded me how I never understood why.

There. There is the whole thought process. Thank you!

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 pm

Today Pope Francis said we should listen to the cries of the planet and do our part to protect it.

This shit is so FFVII.

And Trump international === Shinra
🌚

*OneTwo*

Post by *OneTwo* » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Seeing the Weapons would be cool.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 pm

maf-me-quick wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm
I always assumed it was for the first big grey PlayStation because I remember after the smaller one came out people started referring to it as the PSOne. Like I remember seeing that written down in magazines at the time. But I was watching a YT video and someone referred to the PS1 as PSX which I haven't heard in forever and reminded me how I never understood why.

There. There is the whole thought process. Thank you!
The PlayStation became the PSOne when it was released in its condensed format around the same time as the Playstation 2 came out. Hence we had a PS, then a PSOne and a PS2, and, as above a PSX which was a hybrid recording device based on the PS2.

So the original was just the PlayStation (PS) or PSOne depending which variant you had, and was never officially any PS1 or PSX naming for that console.

One-armed dwarf
Location: L̜͙̮̖̘͇͌̇o̤̞̭͕͗̿̄ͭͩ̄̉n̝̜̬̩͢d҉͖̥̣̙̹͚̭ơ̾͑̿̽̅n̫̜̘͉̰͍̄ͥ̍̾̇̽

Post by One-armed dwarf » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:01 am

Apparently american gaming magazines called it the PSX all the time back then, EGM in particular.

During development it was supposed to stand for Playstation Experiment or Experimental or something like that. Kind of like how PS4 was called Durango or Orbis or whatever it was. Then the abbreviation just stuck for some reason.
🌚