Metal Gear Solid 5

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
One-armed dwarf

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5

Post by One-armed dwarf » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Sometimes I think about picking up this game on PC but then I remember all the empty space and go 'nope, **** that'.

Had it being like a series of big open hubs like Hitman (or Ground Zeroes even) I think it would have been much better.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm

You get a horse. It is fractionally faster than running.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:15 am

Wow. To get all these tasks completed and S-Ranks is going to take me FOREVER. I played it alday yesterday and all I got up to was mission 13 tasks complete (thankfully picked u a few S-ranks along the way)

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Once you are familiar with the missions it isn't too tough to get them on S rank. Just doing them really fast is often enough to guarantee S rank on its own. There are a few exceptions of course. Most of the tasks are, again, pretty straightforward once the game is complete as you can usually cheese them - for example extracting vehicles is trivial if you use the D-Walker's Fulton Ballista. The ones that involve listening to specific conversations tend to me the most annoying ones.

For me the two trickiest missions were the Subsistance ones as you have no means to cheat with superior gear. You might want to have a go at those ones early on since you don't want to leave them until the end only to find that they are impossible.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 pm

I'll Youtube them if it comes to it. I can see this taking the best part of a week, though.

Do the missions have to be finished, or can I just complete a task and quit out?

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:15 pm

I've either hit a glitch or been murdering to hard because Snake can't get the blood of him when he showers now

One-armed dwarf

Post by One-armed dwarf » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Do you have a massive horn?

8)

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:25 pm

I'm pretty sure that you can do it then quit out. It might vary depending on the task though. Most of the time the mission will be more or less complete by the time you get to that point.

Permanent blood is an annoying feature of the game. You have a hidden 'demon' rating, and if it goes to high then your 'horn' gets bigger and you cannot remove the blood. Building a nuke gives you a huge number of points so I am assuming that you just did that. You can lower the number of points by doing basically anything that gives you heroism (capturing animals, Fultoning soldiers, rescuing captives), but it takes a hell of a lot of that to counteract a nuke's worth of points. You also get demon points for randomly slaughtering everyone but I did that quite a lot with no effect.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:36 pm

Yeah I've done all those things. I'm not very good at this, so I have ended up just murdering whole bases to make it easier when trying to find something

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Anything with a conversation in it I'm leaving until the end because fuck this shit

Also I saved a bunch of children and got the blood off me. Yay!

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 am

Okay, up to mission 40 and have most of tasks done except conversations and a couple of odd ones that I forgot to do. Have 30 S-Ranks as well, if you include the 3 missions you don't get graded on, so over half-way there for that as well. The only thing I'm concerned about is the animal conservation trophy. As I haven't looked in to it at all and I don't know if I should of been doing that along the way? The plan is to do it last.

My arsenal of guns is awesome, too. I learnt today that you could customise guns as well, so my 5 star assault rifle now has a grenade launcher on the bottom. Nice.

91% total completion so far. Guess the best is yet to come?

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:49 am

The completion percentage is kind of misleading. You unlock items for getting all S-ranks, all objectives complete and so on, and those count for the last few points regardless of what else you have done.

Animal conservation is easy to knock out once you have finished everything else. Just follow a guide and it will tell you where to stick the cages.

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:34 pm

TOTAL STEALTH

(fast forward through the talky parts)

maf-me-quick

Post by maf-me-quick » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:02 am

Man, I have 3 tasks left to do, and one of the conversation ones is just bugging out. These 2 guards are supposed to walk around this camp site and interrogate prisoners but eventually they get stuck in a hut and never move. Even when you PICK UP THE GUY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO INTERROGATE AND THROW HIM THROUGH THE WINDOW AT THEM THEY STILL DON'T CARE.

Apparently lots of people have experienced this, and it's just a scripting issue. But no one has a decent fix apart from just keep aborting the mission and trying again. Sigh. Definitely want to get this one now and not last in case it fucks with the trophy.

Bilge Rat

Post by Bilge Rat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:20 am

Make sure to have as little interaction with the enemies as possible as the slightest suspicion of your presence can throw off their scripting. Use the stealth device if you have to.