L.A. Noire

Chat about anything you like, as long as it's games related.
Killer_Carp

L.A. Noire

Post by Killer_Carp » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:51 pm

L.A. Noir is GameImformers next cover story, which mean info should be flowing out soon about this title. I should be getting this issue in my mail box soon, so I'll post some stuff ....... unless Mike beats me to the punch, which he will, becuase he is some cybernetic posting human/robot hybrid......or at least thats what I have heard. :P

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/ ... ealed.aspx
Rockstar Games is known for its ambitious projects, and L.A. Noire proves that the company’s reputation is safe. While the rumblings about the game have been heard for years, our world exclusive cover story is the only place you’ll be able to get concrete information on the gritty crime epic. Over the course of our 10-page feature we look at the game’s astonishing reconstruction of 1947 Los Angeles and learn how the team took on such a massive undertaking. We also talk to the team to see L.A. Noire’s groundbreaking facial-animation system in action, and learn how it might change the way we look at games from now on.

Some of the other features in our March issue include a look at the status of some of our favorite old franchises, previews of some of the Independent Games Festival nominees, and a guide for parents interested in parental controls. We also grill Platinum Games’ director Hideki Kamiya on Bayonetta, dig into the legal battle over Duke Nukem, and check out some of the hottest tech around. If you’ve been wondering why Polyphony Digital seems to operate without deadlines, Sony’s head of internal development, Shuhei Yoshida, explains why the company cuts the Gran Turismo 5 developer so much slack.

Sequels to Mass Effect, BioShock, and Battlefield: Bad Company get reviewed in the March issue of Game Informer Magazine, along with Dante’s Inferno, Aliens vs. Predator and many more.

Subscribers will be getting the March issue soon, and it will be hitting newsstands shortly afterward.

Last edited by Killer_Carp on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects

Shadowman

Re: L.A. Noir

Post by Shadowman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:53 pm

I'll be eager to see just what the game is about now that we are finally getting some info on the game.

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Shadowman wrote:I'll be eager to see just what the game is about now that we are finally getting some info on the game.
I am too, well kind of. Rockstar has L.A. Noir and their sister company has Mafia 2 in the works. I'm interested to see how different these two games are.

Shadowman

Post by Shadowman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 am

Killer_Carp wrote: I am too, well kind of. Rockstar has L.A. Noir and their sister company has Mafia 2 in the works. I'm interested to see how different these two games are.
Good point. I've been waiting for a sequel to Mafia for years, if L.A Noir can create a similar atmosphere as Mafia then I'll be all over it :mrgreen:

MikeHaggar

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by MikeHaggar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/05/l-a-n ... -xbox-360/
At long last, the never-ending mystery of whether Rockstar's "gritty detective tale," L.A. Noire, will be a multiplatform release has ... well, ended. And in a pretty unspectacular way, to boot -- in the comments section of a Game Informer post teasing the magazine's in-depth print preview of L.A. Noire, editor Matthew Kato explained, "It's not a PS3-exclusive," later adding, "it was at one point, but it's coming out for the PS3 and 360."

YoshiKart64

Post by YoshiKart64 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:58 pm

I think we should all just be glad the game is not dead completely (as per speculated before news).

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:32 pm

MikeHaggar wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/05/l-a-n ... -xbox-360/
At long last, the never-ending mystery of whether Rockstar's "gritty detective tale," L.A. Noire, will be a multiplatform release has ... well, ended. And in a pretty unspectacular way, to boot -- in the comments section of a Game Informer post teasing the magazine's in-depth print preview of L.A. Noire, editor Matthew Kato explained, "It's not a PS3-exclusive," later adding, "it was at one point, but it's coming out for the PS3 and 360."
:lol: I highly recommend people going over to GIO (just click the link I posted) and reading some of the posts. They kept repetedly telling people its not a exclusive and people kept asking is this the PS3 exclusive game. I really just wanted to post, "can you guys read, becuase three post above yours they posted it not exclusive".
Last edited by Killer_Carp on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Killer_Carp wrote: I am too, well kind of. Rockstar has L.A. Noir and their sister company has Mafia 2 in the works. I'm interested to see how different these two games are.
Good point. I've been waiting for a sequel to Mafia for years, if L.A Noir can create a similar atmosphere as Mafia then I'll be all over it :mrgreen:
Their both set in the 40's and the two things I can see that are different are Mafia 2 your playing as a mob dude and L.A. Noire your a detective. Mafia 2 take pace in a fictional city, while LA Noire takes place in L.A.

But like you put it I want to see if the have similar atmospheres and gameplay mechanics. To me it just seems strange that Take Two would release two games that target the same demographic, so close together.

Also this is a Team Bondi game, R* is just the publisher (kind of like the frist two MP games), so I really want to see what Team Bondi's tech can do on the PS3/360. Some of the core Team Bondi crew worked on the Getway games and while I'm a fan of the Getway games, they did have some flaws.

Liamario

Post by Liamario » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:24 pm

Was it ever announced as a PS3 exclusive? I know the PS3 was only ever mentioned, but was there an actual announcement that it was exclusive?

Liamario

Post by Liamario » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:37 pm

It does look good though. I hope it's not just GTA in the 1930s

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Liamario wrote:Was it ever announced as a PS3 exclusive? I know the PS3 was only ever mentioned, but was there an actual announcement that it was exclusive?
Yes ..No.. well kind of. It was always listed as "Next Generation Consoles" on Team Bondi's website. Let's just say it's get's even more confusing then the GTA DLC and most of it is just rumors and gossip at this point, becuase none of it has been confirmed as truth. All that eveyone need to know is its multiplatform and thats a good thing as more gamers have a chance to play it if they choose to do so.

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Liamario wrote:Was it ever announced as a PS3 exclusive? I know the PS3 was only ever mentioned, but was there an actual announcement that it was exclusive?
Yes, back in 2005:
http://www.psu.com/LA-Noire--An-exclusi ... 426-p0.php
Last month on the company's website, it was revealed that this project is titled "L.A Noire" and that it'll be one of the three exclusive titles Team Bondi will be creating for the Playstation 3 console in the coming years.

Killer_Carp

Post by Killer_Carp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:44 am

I take what PSU said with a gran of salt. Never has Team Bandi's website stated "PS3 only". Their site has always stated "next generation consoles". PSU is the same blog that stated Data-Fly and War Devil were Playstation 3 exclusive as well when they never were. PSU "facts" they put on their site are dodgey.

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 am

How about IGN and Gamespot then?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/634/634560p1.html
Australian developer Team Bondi has revealed the name of its first title. The studio's website now lists L.A. Noire, a "detective thriller" in development specifically for the PlayStation 3.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/l ... id=6129334
Team Bondi is now 44 employees strong and has shed a bit of light on its first game. On the company's Web site, the developer reveals that the game will be called L.A. Noire, and it will be a PlayStation 3 title.

Team Bondi is in an exclusive agreement with Sony to produce two more PlayStation 3 games.

neoviper

Post by neoviper » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:00 pm

I think people are getting confused with Rockstar's 'Agent', which is a PS3 exclusive. As far as I knew, LA Noire was always multiplatform.